Be honest with me, Sup Forums. When you first began learning English...

Be honest with me, Sup Forums. When you first began learning English, did you have any allusions of moving to the USA and living a life like in your TV shows?

Seems comfy to live in east coast but Hollywood was't enough for me to idealize America

So when you were learning English, you were thinking about how you would be able to talk to the outside world?

When I was a kid watching tv shows and movies about cowboys and stuff, yeah
Now? fuck no, moving to the US would be a downgrade in every imaginable way

always hated you fat fucks

It's why I said when you began learning. I assume most people started as kids, which is when people are dumb enough to fall for media.
Wrong.

Not really because English is a mandatory subject and i was kinda forced to learn it. Still, i felt like living in some foreign country but it was France that i wanted to live in(i would often read les miserables at that time)

No, but I am fascinated by American living. I often think about how it would be living in Wyoming or something like that. Seems comfy.

yes
I always wanted to be like the wiggles and steve from blue's clues

i'm learning english

not at all
why do you think that ?

I didn't like English so not a chance, but I got good scores at school in that subject

I think that kind of idealization is realistic, as that's how life was supposed to be: own a shit ton of land, do everything on your own, not be bothered by people, etc.
Obviously though with a larger population and as society becomes more modern, that kind of lifestyle becomes less feasible and the institutions that European society has are kind of needed.
Nice, I can't even tell you're esl. Keep up the good work.
Nice get. see. I assume everyone was watching hollywood as a young pup.

>When you first began learning English
In kindergarten.
>did you have any allusions of moving to the US
No. Mb of moving to UK for a year or two.
>a life like in your TV shows
I hate mutt shows and shitty life of mutt showed in it.

thank you

>I didn't like English so not a chance, but I got good scores at school in that subject
Fair enough.
>I hate mutt shows and shitty life of mutt showed in it.
Understandable, our shows are always
>Soviets doing something diabolical
>Evil cartoon character has Russian accent.

no
i passively sabotaged english lessons in school
cuz i hated usa for what you did in Iraq

>Soviets doing something diabolical
Not always. Red Heat was pretty funny.

same here

No, been dreaming of Iceland ever since I was a kid.

Wtf no. That's pretty autistic.

Nope, I've always imagined the average american like Homer Simpson
But I dreamed of living in the Old West

well yeah we almost all did
but parents and teachers often shit talk about america
even my father who's an ameriboo
Like just saying that in America you actually have to pay if you break your leg or something just made me panic, couldn't imagine what kind of hellhole the USA could be
Pretty early anyway people realise TV is all bullshit and we're better off here
not trying to be rude though, but I prefer living here by far

No. I never liked the idea of living in the US, but english is necessary today for almost everything

I never thought of living in the usa

No, because I was already learning German, so everything English-related was kind of secondary.