Is your country free enough to make champagne? Or is it tied down by the french monopoly?

Is your country free enough to make champagne? Or is it tied down by the french monopoly?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Champagne?wprov=sfla1
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

If it's made anywhere else other than the Champagne region in France, then it's by definition NOT champagne.

I see they've gotten to you!

how much cheese were you promised?

The only companies allowed to call their drink "California Champagne" are the ones that used that name historically. No one in America can legally start a new winery and call their product champagne

lets see the french try

It's a US law

it doesn't have anything to do with the French, you can't give a product a deliberately misleading name like that.

misguided adherence to french strong arming American companies

We have cava. Same overpriced shit.

nothing misleading about it, champagne is champagne you tot

cava is better than champagne tho

Champagne is a type of sparkling wine from Champagne, not California or wherever you are buying your rat piss that you are consuming. Now don't you dare reply to me again you shitshovelling plebeian.

It wasn't strong arming at all. It was a provision of US exportation of wine to Europe

Cava is pretty good desu

THIS 100%

pretty much this

Frog addled mind! How piteous.

>provision for export requiring you adhere to our monopoly is not strong arming

:^)

That isn't strong arming at all. That's how every trade deal works. It's amazing how triggered you are by something so trivial

>be amerimutt vintner
>giorgio schekelbergstein employs you
>"here, user, take these containers of half botched merlot grapes, time to make our grand cru!"
>after """spontaneous""" fermentation you add the acid, tannin, big purple, oak chips, alcohol, glicerine and copper-sulphate
>"""mature""" it in a steel tank for six months
>"okay user, time to bottle and ship"
>sell the bottles for $300 each because the american palate refined on coca-cola & marlboro perceives it as tasty
>burn to death

I only disagree, I'm not as you say "triggered"

Champagne is made in Champagne

End of the discussion

and I suppose hamburgers are only made in hamburg

Hamburger is a dish, not a product

Justice is patient, but it always comes. You'll pay for what you have done

it's been chugging along quite nicely since the 1850s, thanks

>since the 1850s
historylet

It's not champagne if it's not from Champagne, you clown.

>

>it stops being champagne because of the name change
cucks.

champagne is a drink just like hamburger is food. next please.

pastlet

No, the product name is sparkly wine. Champagne is a guarantee of origin. Just like ham is ham, but Schwarzwald Ham can only come from the Black Forest.

i know. i just think it is bullshit 2bh

pastalet

here is a simple analogy : you're a filthy corn syrup grown ameridiot mutt when we are healthy european gentlemen because we were born on a different side of the atlantic ocean

It's not bullshit. Think of it like a brand name. You can imitate a Five Guys burger, but you can't call it a Five Guys burger because it's not a Five Guys burger. At the very most you can call it a Five Guys style burger.

>waaah I can't scam people by telling them my bottled dog piss comes from Champagne

Hilarious how you tried to adapt your analogy to his American mind by mentioning burgers

well that's the thing. disgusting frogs think they can make a generic drink a brand name. we still call it fucking champagne because it is the same fucking drink. fuck them.

hey we at least let you use the méthode champenoise, stop being greedy you fat fuck

oh and thanks for the french fries, too

no problem amigo :)

if I may interject we found those in belgium, where they speak french

But it's not the same drink. It's not grown in Champagne and not made in Champagne. The terre alone will make it taste different, let alone American businessmen thinking they can just swiftly adopt hundreds of years old winemaking expertise. If it ends up anything like American beers with their fucking pumpkin flavour on Halloween and all sorts of shit, it'll just be a jug of piss.

>declares anything piss
>nation responsible for Kölsch

The origin of fries is unclear. Popular belief is that they come from Belgium, but many historical accounts supporting that theory have been proven outright wrong.

ok what about french lick then??

>muh terre smells different
that's what the french want you to believe, cuck. we have all kinds of beer, including 100% top tier, none of the flavor shit. you, on the other hand, have abominations like appel-weizen (or apfel-weizen??). absolutely disgusting.

A singular city is responsible for Kölsch, it's called Köln, also known as Cologne, and it's mocked for it in the rest of the nation.

Same here, out of thousands of standard lagers, stouts, pale ale, etc etc, you pick one weird "pumpkin" shit and claim all american beer is like that.

Sparkling wine is the generic drink you mental degenerate.

as if making flavored beers is an intrinsically American thing anyhow

there's a gingerbread beer from england I quite like for instance

It's an intrinsically ungerman thing. Round here it's against the law to call anything beer that consists of more than barley, hops and water (and yeast during the production process). We take things seriously.

to each his own

No, these are different kinds of the sparkling wine all rightfully called champagne. Check'em, you physical degenerate.

>American champagne

Wtf

That is like selling Californian Wine made in Bulgaria.

>Berliner weisse
>fruit beer
may not be german though. may be danish.

Stop posting newfag

Not it's not dumbo.

YES

pd fuck the French

what is the last ? morcato ? wht is that ?

>morcato
lmao. french education. moscato?

Berliner Weiße is not fruit beer. It's just a style of Weißbier.
The mixing with syrup thing is quite modern in comparision of the style itself and only got popular earliest in the 19th century.

Nope. Hamburger is a food like sparkling wine is a drink. Champagne is a specific kind of sparkling wine.

Kölsch actually is just like Champagne only allowed to be called like that if it's from Köln btw.

What does the beer have to do with the origin of the grapes now?
Also believe it or not but he's right. It can definitly vary and grapes are the main ingredient of all kind of wines (in case you didn't know) therefore they make a big impact on the final product.

Why are americans so obnoxious?

I see that you steal italian also
Don't know much italian wine except Martini and Osso buco

>Osso buco
Someone's been watching the same webm from Hannibal over and over again

that's not real berliner weisser. that's a "berliner weisser", some sweety abomination by a danish microbrewery.
> the brewing team of Mikkeller shift their focus to the quick, succinct and simplified taste of Berlinerweisse to satisfy the taste for those who favor the pucker. Laced with peach and engulfed by the pure intrigue of lactic fermentation and a unique flavor is born.

Well, yeah they mix it already before selling since that's what's modern to do with it.

yeah but what about muh brand name? surely they call it the same "berliner weisser" even though it is a totally different drink. you'd be totally horrified to discover the difference. the gay artwork is the only clue for the astute shopper. see my point? you guys keep arguing about "muh brand name" but it doesn't mean shit.

It's not about brands, it's about styles. Berliner Weiße is just a style, not a brand. Same as Pilsener, Weißbier, Kölsch or Alt.
Similar to different kinds of chocolate like dark, white and milk chocolate.
It just tells you something about how it is made.

OK, so Pilsener is OK to copy, but Champagne is not. And you (or another german) said earlier that Koelsch is a brand too. Now it is a style.

Didn't say it's a brand. It's a protected style.
Everyone could brew Kölsch but it has to be done in Köln. They protected it because it was always a very regional bound style. Same for a few other minor styles too btw.

Champagne is champagne because it is from the Champagne.
The grapes from the area are a defining part of the product. "Champagne" with grapes from other places is just sparkling wine.

Same for other wines and port wine too btw.

Because the style of wines is called sparkling wine already, while champagne is used to describe a particular type of a particular type of wine.

Same as gelatin. You probably know it as jello. But you know that jello and Jello are two different things, one refers to a certain style of desser, while the other is a brand.

So what makes a Pilsner a Pilsner? They claim it got its taste from Pilsen's remarkably soft water and a specific brewing process. So if it is made elsewhere wouldn't it taste different? Also the brewing techniques to produce it changed a few times throughout history. It just seems like the Czechs could have "patented" it the same way as Champagne or Port but they got cucked by Germans.

t.bh, if people get tricked by bottles where it's written AMERICAN champagne or CALIFORNIA champagne, then shame on them.

>So what makes a Pilsner a Pilsner?
The way it is brewed.

>They claim it got its taste from Pilsen's remarkably soft water and a specific brewing process.
That sounds like the commercial of one specific brewery.

Also the way Pilsener is brewed is influenced by a German style apparently and was first made with the help of Germans.
At the time Bohemia may have even been in the German confederation, not a hundred percent sure tho.

However, there are many styles that aren't as localy bound as others or aren't protected bc of whatever reasons.

i am really really curious how many of you would be if able to taste the difference in a blind test. i bet your palate wouldn't keep up with your patriotism hahahahahaha

Not an argument

peh, i can feel different taste between an alsatian crémant to a classic champagne mutt, so don't ever talk to me about your jew piss.

It's only Cheddar cheese if it was made in Cheddar.

sure sure, professional wine tasters got embarrassed numerous times when doing blind tests (google it) because they are full of shit (and they are french). but i am sure you can do better

with my jew engineers we will soon release a new product

we called it Freedom Coke

Because let's face it, coke is just some cocaine mixed with stools and sparkling water, why americans should be the only one to use the coke brand name ?

It's settled, now let's have a taste of our freedom in a sparkling bottle !

Fuckin' hell dude you type english like you're japanese.

We invented Champagne, the French didn't have the glass blowing technology at the time to make it themselves.

pathetic bait

d-did you laugh at least ?

The pressure inside the weak, early Frenchwine bottlesoften caused the bottles to explode, creating havoc in the cellars. If the bottle survived, the wine was found to containbubbles, something that the early Champenois were horrified to see, considering it afault. As late as the 17th century, Champenois wine makers, most notably theBenedictinemonkDom Pérignon(1638–1715), were still trying to rid their wines of the bubbles.

While the Champenois and their French clients preferred their Champagne to be pale and still, the British were developing a taste for the unique bubbly wine. The sparkling version of Champagne continued to grow in popularity, especially among the wealthy and royal.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Champagne?wprov=sfla1

It's true though.