youtube.com/watch?v=fLeZl6gkz0o
youtube.com/watch?v=-EEnwFVEScA&t=120s
streamable.com/9mpb2
youtu.be/lmb_HtUILHA
youtube.com/watch?v=kwxai7XU3ws
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Bumping with cool video
youtu.be/FstXpvGzxZI

Yes. People here say young people these days don't like cars and prefer public transport but that's the story in limited area.

this.
They also spread this bullshit here, but I know nobody that wouldn't prefer a car over taking the bus.
The thing is that a car is expensive as fuck here and there aren't parking spaces in big cities.

I think that has to do with a much better public transport system that provides a far better financial option for getting around. I have no doubt that young people would prefer to drive their own car especially men. Japan has a very rich car culture same with Germany. I know for a fact many young Germans love our classic muscle cars and even the current ones.

Power meet is pretty large

i have an nsx but the roads are shit so it almost never leaves the garage

american cars, especially the muscle cars and old land yachts are popular and great to see.
The new mustang is extremely popular here, and now that you mentioned it I just saw a few guys with a brand new challenger on the autobahn this morning.

Looks like a fun time, I see you guys like our classics too

Got any pics? From what I recall of Moscow you guys really like German cars, especially bmw and mercedes which was surprising considering audi makes the better awd system.

Yeah that’s exactly what I’m talking about, I’ve seen numerous Germans profess their fondness for our mustangs, challengers, chargers etc. I swear you guys like them more than we do.

>The new mustang is extremely popular here
I have seen 2-3 Mustangs in my entire life, American cars are a rarity on German road.

Yes, i attend to some meetings every once in a while. Trackdays too when i have some money to spare.

Why don't they park properly?

Name 1 activity that people are doing on these car meetups, besides poor girls trying to find rich insecure cocks
Inb4 "hanging out" it's not an activity you retard

Here it's mostly boomers with their beetles and youngester with their stanced shitboxes.

youtube.com/watch?v=fLeZl6gkz0o

Nice man, what do you drive?

I know they’re not common there but I think that’s part of the appeal behind them there; they’re considered exotic to some degree.

Socializing is an activity, so is enjoying the sights and sounds of cool cars. You know it’s not all lambos and shit right? People bring all kinds of cars even cheap ones. Quit being so cynical.

>Do people in your country like cars? In America we do
/o/ is 50% aussie posters

So what am I look at here? People standing near cars all day?
>Socializing is an activity, so is enjoying the sights and sounds of cool cars.
By this you confirm that these people are mentally retarded? Or does the fact that it's socially acceptable to do this shit prevents you from thinking straight?

VW Passat.

Explains all the shitposting with Utes.

People who go are mostly enthusiasts wanting to show their cars and see others. Stop being such "no fun allowed".

Yes it’s socially acceptable for people to gather and discuss a common interest here. You might have autism if you’re having trouble understanding this.

That explains a lot of the shitposting

>People here say young people these days don't like cars and prefer public transport
Pic related

Heh you track your passat? Here I am thinking my 5 series isn’t formidable enough for it. I guess if I can attack mountain roads then a track isn’t much different.

In rural and suburb area, yes, In big cities many prefer public transportation. Most russian buy old/used cars.

I don't think it matters if your car is "formidable" enough to track day or not. Like the ones i go it's a mix of shitboxes, sportscars like Porsches and Ferraris and classic cars. Mine can keep up with some of them, but of course most of the time i get BTFO and that doesn't make me feel bad at all.

tfw commodore ded

You guys have an excellent public transport system though. Takes you everywhere in the city and even to the outskirts.

Yeah I suppose I got caught up with the image of these people who take their porsches, corvettes etc. to the track. I forgot that trackdays are all about enjoying yourself and improving as a driver. I should try it sometime since it’s probably safer than going double the speed limit in the mountains.

Sad because holden made some of the best cars in all of GM. At least you still have the based falcunt.

there's a few car shows during summer in the area, only go to the one that's close though

for some reason people show up in cars that aren't very classic or unique, but still present them, like in the pic, or there was a guy with a 1980s vw rabbit

people with certain hobbies often have other similar interests and enjoy socializing

>falcunt
this is unironically the name of a tripfag on /o/
he is hated by literally everybody

Yeah I know, haven’t seen him in ages but I hope you could infer I meant the car not that fag.

Merci Twingo

Since you have a 5-series it doesn't need much to add some power to keep up with some sportscars around. Don't forget to invest on suspension as well, that shit is 70% of your car's performance.

We have tons of mountain roads here, but filled with radars so i can't dorifto touge without losing my license.

Cannot wait for self driving cars, driving is boring as shit

>car thread that isn't a automatic vs manual

It makes 272 horsepower at the moment and weighs about 3,400 lb so it should be okay. Suspension is very good on these cars already (come stock with sway bars and tight suspension setup) also I have nice big rotors and brakes. I have always wanted to get some high end coilovers though. I agree the most important things are tires, brakes and suspension.

As far as power there’s a centrifugal supercharger kit but it’s $4000, so probably not worth it. And yeah some of our mountain roads have radar too but luckily most don’t. California mountain roads are so fun to drive on.

They exist already it’s called a taxi

Mine is much simpler, 200hp and 970kg. Has a small Turbo with 0.8bar, prepared head and EFI. Suspension i just change to a adjustable one, the rest is stock. No money atm lol.

If i had a bimmer i'd keep it NA desu, these engines already deliver some good power and if you put a good EFI, prepare the engine's head and exhaust system, it's gonna be pure sex. The sound of those BMW engines are just phenomenal, specially when they are fully prepared.

youtube.com/watch?v=-EEnwFVEScA&t=120s

This is the blue of the Luxembourg flag, not of the French flag. The lightest possible blue for our flag is pic related.

I own a car and I drive 20k km a year, but I see it as a tool and not as something to compensate my penis length or ego.

t. flatlands

t. woman

And this is the traditional French flag, rarely used today btw

The nice thing about your setup is you can tweak the ecu to get the turbo spooling faster or to get more boost in general. Stock turbo cars are always better tuning material.

About my car though, this model was actually designed with a high flowing manifold, nice big headers and upgraded exhaust. It’s the 530i. I agree to keep it NA because it sounds so much better and is a lot more reliable that way. I think it sounds very beautiful, here you can listen to this clip I made streamable.com/9mpb2

You can enjoy something without using it as compensation by the way.

TOP KEK

t. triggered dicklet

MERCI TWINGO

Our car culture is about the same as US car culture, except we like compacts and manuals a tiny bit more. I track sometimes.

Compacts are getting really popular with young people here, and yeah manuals are not in common use but enthusiasts still love them here.

What i liked the most is that i made the engine less thirsty, even with the Turbo thanks to the EFI. It's a FT300 btw. I also have a lot of fun with the two-step feature, i can't contain myself in stopping lights because i'll brap stustustu everytime.

So it already came a bit tuned from the factory, nice. So it only need to mess a little with the ECU, have your ever though on messing with the chip? It's the easiest way for power in those cars.

Sounds gr8, love'em 6 bangers.

Perhaps a metro would still be a good idea for densely populated urban areas

Yeah tuning with a turbo car is great because you have alot more potential and factors to work with. There’s just so much more potential than with an NA engine in general. Plus turbo whistle and blowoff valves sound so cool. My next car will probably be a turbo car even though I love NA.

Yeah the 530i is basically bmw squeezing as much power out of that generation of inline 6 as they could. It’s much more aggressively tuned than say a 525/325. I have thought about messing with the chip but I have read people on forums say that bmw tunes their NA engines as much as possible before they leave the factory. Still I think maybe there are updated maps out there that could net me a bit more. Overall I’m very happy with the car already since it handles well, never has problems and I love how it sounds. I’m glad you liked it by the way, I6 is my favorite engine sound.

My favorite turbo sound here youtu.be/lmb_HtUILHA

I wish we had one here, I would definitely use it for getting downtown

Yep, first i thought keep it NA, maybe just mess with the head like i already did and put some ITB throttle body, so it sounds exactly like a AE86 lol, but then the turbine appeared for cheap. I don't really wanna to force the engine much since the internals are all stock, so i kept 0.8 so i can daily it without worrying about my piston rings becoming dust.

Pls don't ming the nigger wheels, that shit gonna go soon.

>tfw ywn drive in the 90s

>mfw watching Video Option and Drift Tengoku
>mfw all the shitboxes drifting and crashing
>mfw the fun

youtube.com/watch?v=kwxai7XU3ws

france > germany

>Eurofaggots need a commercial permit to own pickup trucks

Yes

Unfortunately they do, but then again Poles are not necessarily the smartest People out there.

I wish cars were banned already, they're a scourge to human society.

How butthurt car fans there are because of Ferrari failing every year?

>pickup trucks
Why would you want to drive these horrors for personal purposes

Merci Twingo

Merci Twingo.

unironically looks like Dixie America in this pic

I can't stand cars and refuse to use one. Just seeing them offends me. I hate bus and love rail and bicycle. What cunt should I move to?

Niger, there's none of those there.

>what is nyc
>what is any non-southern city

It's not like you use your penis to anything other than piss.

>What cunt should I move to?

...??

post your vehicle, one thing you like about it and one thing you hate
>2007 140k kms VW polo cross
>mechanically wise, there is absolutely nothing wrong with the car, it is very reliable
>it features a lot of proprietary plastic decorative components that you can only get from the (((dealership)))

>ITT we are reminded that germanic europeans are pussies
Nothing new under the sun

Here. >Passat Pointer GTS 1988.
>Easy to work on, easy power for "cheap"
>Too much attention from cops

Want a first RWD sportscar for trackdays/nurburgring. Not sure whether to get a GT86 or Caymen though. What do?

>giant bacon
truly american

I always heard on /o/ that Cayman, specially the 1st gen ones were dirt cheap. Idk if it's the case in the UK as well.

...no?
>Captcha "select bus"
Ok, that was pretty funny.

No. They detest anything to do with cars.

Basically you have to talk to rural 40 somethings to maybe find someone who likes cars.

Don't really use /o/ much but yeah they are.
The UK has the cheapest 2nd hand drive vehicles in Europe which probably helps.
Both would cost around £15k: lower milage, jap reliability and much newer car Vs much more power, and it's a porsche.

I don't know how much maintenence is though. Porsche make fairly reliable cars I think. Also depreciation would likely be worse - I could also put a Cosworth supercharger on the GT86, get 260+bhp from it, and lose very little money driving it for a year or two when I come to sell it.

Yeah, those cheap 2nd hand german sports cars are quite a risk, like we say here they are "rich people's waste" and generally when they are being sold for very cheap, it's because something is wrong and it's expensive af to fix.

The problem with a GT86 is that they are underpowered as fuck, but at the same time they are really good platform for a project. It ain't a sacrilege to throw any other engine in it.

But if you wanna keep on budget, a turbo + chip remap might help.

It's all bikes there no?

I actually own both. The automatic is for commutes and the manual is for fun.

They're so much fun to drive, man. Imagine driving through scenery like this in a big pickup truck...

merci twingo

I wouldn't know, but I know that we have Hot Rod / American car shows.

>what is nyc

>He thinks there aren't cars in NYC, riding a bike isn't a way to get run over at the MTA is reliable and goes everywhere.

Oh you naive thing. There is a reason rich people have access to helicopters here.

Brazilian women only date guys with cars, so yes, we love cars.

Absolutely beautiful, although I'm still not convinced about the pickup part

MERCI TWINGO

Yes
It's a pity we don't make them ourselves any more.

RIP Holden

Holden ded? What about the Maloo?

>American
>cars

MERCI TWINGO

I wish cagers didn't ruin/sabotage cities, transportation, and other industries

That’s smart thinking, I’ve seen what happens when people try to put crazy amounts of boost in there car to say “yo I got 600 hp bro” and then the thing needs a full rebuild a week later. It’s always smarter to be conservative with forced induction unless you have plenty of money and time for repairs. Nice solid car though and the fact that you chose a smaller turbo means way less time to spool it up, so less lag and you hit peak boost immediately.

>2007 161 km bmw 530i
>despite being a big sedan it handles like a much smaller car, thanks to its aerodynamics and great stock suspension
>full of all kinds of sensors that could possibly fail, but luckily haven’t

Underrated

Car culture was bigger before, like early 2000 and the 90s. Less people have driving license now than back then

Merci Twingo
>hon-hon-hon

Everyone fucking loves cars, and I can't fathom why, they look goofy

Cars are the best.
I can't afford one, though. So I ride a bike.
Which is also a good thing, in my opinion. Only a few more months until winter is over and I can start riding again.

the fuck this is in sweden?

looks like a georgia car show

I thought wages are high there though. Are cars just expensive where you live?

All cars look goofy to you? Weird. Italy has always made some pretty cool cars though.