Star Wars

>Kathleen Kennedy demanded that Rogue One undertake 60% of reshoots with a second director.

>Kathleen Kennedy fires Lord & Miller for not moving aside, hires another Director to finish movie.

We'll probably never see another young director making star wars movies.
They'll only ever hire directors like J.J Abrams and Ron Howard.

i don't care about star wars

Rogue One became better for it, the original version sucked ass.
Lord and Miller wanted a 100% comedy, once again it's a change for the best.

Kennedy wanted the Solo film to focus more on the female lead

>ron Howard and JJ Abraham

Star Wars only directed by Jews now

So a Han Solo film where Han isn't the central character?

>Rogue One became better for it

It's like putting Satan in charge of your church

>ignoring critical and audience reception
>original creator reception
>ignoring box office success
They told me this board was filled with delusional morons but Jesus christ

>Lord and Miller wanted a 100% comedy, once again it's a change for the best.
Has that acually been confirmed? Last I heard it was hearsay, and I wouldn't trust Kennedy as far as I could throw her

>directors wanted joke and quip fest
>Lucasfilm says no
What's the big deal?

They re-shot it because it was "too dark" for the happy go lucky Disney suits. Had nothing to do with critic reception you fucking moron.

Nice meme.

Most of the reshots involved the final battle.

You are supposed to hate everything popular and love everything unpopular.

That's how Sup Forums retards work.

>Most of the reshots involved the final battle.

Yeah no shit.
>beach battle on Scarif was gonna rival Saving Private Ryan's
>Vader lopping fucker's heads off and using his troops as human shields

They screened it to the Disney execs and it was "too violent" for Star Wars. Are you really this fucking stupid?

This never happened. Please kill yourself

>this happend
because they re-shot it dumbfuck.

>this never happened*

>REEEEE I WAS CALLED OUT ON BEING STUPID
>EVERYTHING YOU SAY IS JUST A LIE

To be fair, they added the only interesting part of Rogue One even if it is complete fan service. At least it's something happening in a movie over two hours long where nothing happens. Edwards is a hack and they realized hiring him was a mistake.

Not sure what the Lord and Miller beef is but Disney has any sense, they'll fire that faggot Colin Trevorrow before Episode IX, once they realize he's a one trick pony that got lucky with a simple reboot. Rian Johnson makes sense because he's made films, even a sci-fi film, with small budgets and genuinely made them well. Trevorrow directed one feature film beforehand that was also some sort of indie meme comedy. Why did they choose him? Why did they choose Gareth Edwards?

Ron Howard is a step in the right direction as their choice in directors has proven to be ill advised.

>anything in Rogue One was gonna rival Saving Private Ryan

There is no universe or reality or fragmented time bubble where this would ever happen ever.

The very fact they chose to re-do 60% of it to not get an R-rating tells me you are wrong.

I wish there was someone like her around when Robocop 2 or Alien 3 was being made.

It's probably her job to keep the tone of these movies as light-hearted and family oriented as possible. Everything she's worked on with Spielberg and Lucas in the past was mostly non-derivative to the formula and key to many of those films general appeal and success.

With Rogue One it was beginning to stray to far into the grim and gritty territory and I assume Lord and Miller were pushing a more raunchy and sarcastic tone

Nigger, what? Did you mean to say Robocop 3? I will kick your fucking ass.

>implying "fans" arent just echoing the "critics"

Oh really?? Where did you see Gareth Edwards cut? Do you work at Lucasfilm?

Why would any retard want this?

Changing the tone of a franchise is the most superficial, novel, and desperate ploy to shake things up. The coprophagians that eat this shit up are the same mouthbreathers that bitch and moan about things getting stagnant but still whoop and holler in theaters whenever lightsabers and x-wings are on screen

I watch Star Wars for the Hero's journey, not this Saving Ryan's Privates crap

This is bullshit, they won't tell the true reason, probablay Kennedy trying to shove her feminazism as usual. The humour in Force Awakens was horrendous yet these Disney morons think it was good.

Ron Howard is a good director (usually). Disney would be lucky if he did an entire Star Wars film (instead of 3 weeks worth of reshoots)
What I don't understand is Disney gets the script , thinks it's fine
They see the story boards...think it's fine
They see the dailies..:thinks it's fine

->OOH SHIT ITS A COMEDY!!!!! Fire lord and miller !!!!

Even the reshoot in rogue one. You knew what it was when you made the film. I assume the reshoots were for the cluster fuck space battle ending. That was the worst part of the movie anyway

It's spin off not a main installment. Cool your jets autismo. Spin-offs are usually meant to have a different feel to them.

>reshoot r1 because it's too serious
>reshoot han solo because it's too funny

>no things should stay the exact same
>the only people who would like that idea are people who don't like seeing the same things
>I-I mean they DO like seeing the same things
>and people who like seeing the same things are idiots
>I-I-I like seeing the same things
>I'm a fucking idiot

>1 spin off changes the tone for an entire franchise
Ok time for the retards to go to bed

>t. mouthbreather

Quit ruining movies by having studios cater to you low I.Q. fanboy manchildren are your delusional insipid wetdreams

see

nice insults buddy. You're coming off as an angry 12 year old, you shit in your cereal?

>gets excessively butthurt about Star Wars
>calling other people manchildren
Fuck off neckbeard.

Cause it's probably not that. The whole "they clashed with Kadan" thing seems like Disney's PR team trying to paint Lord and Miller as the bad guys.

Also this movie is definitely going to be terrible. Ron Howard and the Lord&Miller duo are very different filmmakers. The script would have to be re-written and most of the movie would have to be reshot.

Occam's Razor says that execs wanted A but did some market research and now they want B, directors still wanted A so they got fired and the studio hired someone that can give them B.

The complete lack of self-awareness of these two posts is absolutely astounding

It really activated my almonds t.b.h.

desu I'd prefer the final battle without Vader, I think it takes away from his character if he's used as just a guy with a lightsaber that can't be stopped.

Seems like she made solid profitable decisions so far, don't see the problem.

Well you cant show a storyboard to focus groups for once, atleast regarding Rogue One

But TFA is a quipfest.

>damage control intensifies

HOW THE FUCK CAN ANYONE BE EXCITED FOR A YOUNG HAN SOLO MOVIE?

I can honestly say that ever since Disney took over i dont care about Star Wars anymore but seeing the shit they pull from the sidelines is just cringeworthy

>SEETHING

>think it takes away from his character if he's used as just a guy with a lightsaber that can't be stopped.
Have you read any of the novels or comics?

There is no proof for this. Vader originally was never going to kill anyone. The reshoots made Vader actually kill people.

The original cut I believe is the Rogue One unit escaping into a ship and it being blown up so therefore the reshoots had them die one by one

I imagine taking over that far into production sucks for the director. You can't really do your vision so you're reduced to being a contractor.

No, I don't really care much for stuff outside of the movies.

Yeah, not a problem if you're a Disney shareholder, but for SW fans she's a plague. It's only profitable because of inertia. The effects of her disastrous politics will be visible only after a few movies. I personnaly will never pay again for these SW

No... Why the fuck would any non-virgin do that?

that's exactly what he was though. That's literally the only reason the Emperor kept his charred ass around

>2017
>still coming up with shit like that
wew lad

This picture just makes me wanna sign up to the Empire

>but for SW fans she's a plague

Don't seem like it by the looks of all the autistic SW celebrations and events all over the world

There's a reason Vader hated Imperial officers and killed them so frequently. Vader was always a front line guy. Even during the clone wars Anakin was right there in the action with his troops. Respected the hell out of his soldiers but had no empathy for the brass.

In the movies he's rarely in combat and when he is, it's with an important character like Obi-Wan or Luke.

>joins the battle in the attack on the first Death Star
>Personally sets foot on Hoth to go fuck Luke and Han up even though they could have just as easily bombed that shit from orbit after the shields were taken down
There is no doubt about his willingness to get his hands dirty. He was excluded form the ground assault in the last movie obviously because the Emperor had ordered him to bring Luke to him.

They are going for that marvel cinematic unviverse feel its not working

>Lord and Miller wanted a 100% comedy
and they hired them anyway.
Make a fucking decision and stick to it, damn it. You want original movies or rehash some formula until the box office goes dry?

>Lord and Miller refuse to give Emilia Clarke (who's rumored to be the female lead in the Han Solo spin-off movie) more screen time than Alden Ehrenreich
>Kennedy gets mad because this isn't in line with her ideals and fires them

Why do you faggots keep believing those media outlets?

>only male lead starwars film im sight
I wonder why user

The freaks that go at celebrations are just a loud and visible minority. I consider myself a fan and never bought any SW merchandise, let alone costumes. This stuff is for kids and retards

>Liking Reddit One
>thinking Garath "Godzilla 2014" Edwards has artistic ability or integrity to begin with
>wanting some edgy kiddyshit fantasy that unsuccessfully tries to turn Star Wars into The Deer Hunter
Ha, what a shitshow.

Episode 9 will be directed by Jon Favreau.

Source: my dad works for Disney

>You want original movies or rehash some formula until the box office goes dry?
They want money, they don't care about the actual movie.

>too serious

"lifeless and boring" is a better description

That's the best part of the movie ...

I didn't care for the flip-y gymnastics of the prequels it just looked silly

vader at the end of r1 was intimidating

That's the vader your parents wanted you to see when they made you watch the movies as a kid

>they don't care about the actual movie.

Well, they cared enough that the writer got the last say on how the character should be interpreted, over the directors.

Then Kennedy really shouldn't have gotten Garath Edwards to direct Rogue One. When a character or situation is in danger of getting too interesting, he blows it up.

>Ron Howard is a step in the right direction

Worst thing about this is that this person is completely serious

>Gareth Edwards
Edwards had two "hits" before Disney snatched him up. Monster (2010) was an okay movie he made almost entirely by himself and Godzilla (2014) had a great opening weekend and did acceptable business (although its success dried up quickly). Though it seems like his stint in Hollywood has come to an end. Rogue One was taken from him and underwent extensive reshoots. And he is no longer involved with the Godzilla sequel. Sounds like he has gotten himself blacklisted.

wtf I want to join the Empire now

Hes a fine director with a number of critical and financial successes under his belt.

fucking retard kys

JJ and Bad Robot cut Lucasfilm out of 70% of TFA. They changed shit without lucasfilm noticing. Starkiller is a big one the opening crawl's plothole is one too

I wasn't called out because this never happened. Much of the violent shit was added during the reshoot. Are youstill reading false leaks from 2 years ago? Disney was completely fine with the darker tone. They were completely fine with everyone dying because the original ending Jyn and Cassian walk.

Are you purposely being retarded?

>>reshoot r1 because it's too serious
Fucking how? There is nothing remotely upbeat or hopeful about R1 aside from them getting the Death Star plans beamed.

>Edwards says the original script had the main characters survive, rather than die during the battle of Scarif — not because he wanted to keep them alive, but purely because he had assumed Disney wouldn’t let him kill them off.
>That was, until Disney gave him the green light to kill everyone. “We thought we weren’t going to be allowed to but Kathy [Kennedy, president of Lucasfilm] and everyone at Disney were like ‘Yeah it makes sense. I guess they have to because they’re not in A New Hope,’” Edwards told Empire. From then on, he had his license to kill, and the survivor ending wasn’t even filmed.

> I assume the reshoots were for the cluster fuck space battle ending. That was the worst part of the movie anyway
Hopefully b8. Otherwise this isn't the place 4u.

Look, from the leaks this is basically what happened.

>Lord and Miller get hired to make the Han Solo prequel
>It's a standard boilerplate Disney SW movie exactly like they will make every year from now on indefinitely for decades; some action, some comic relief, some sadness
>Lord and Miller decide they want to make more of a star wars comedy
>They can't ask for a new script because it will tip off the studio that they are changing the film, so instead they shoot the take from the script, then encourage actors to ad-lib a few takes mostly with more humor in mind
>They end up using the improv takes instead of the ones that follow the script
>No one knows anything about this except the actors and some of the people working on the film since no one watches the dailies
>Eventually Alden Ehrenreich, who hates the comedy direction and wants his character to be serious goes to Disney and personaly rats them out to Kathleen Kennedy, tells her they are not making the movie they are supposed to and they are ruining his character
>Kennedy demands to see the cut of the film they have so far
>They send her the cut so far
>It's a comedy and doesn't follow the script at all
>She completely freaks out and says this wasn't the film you were hired to make
>She demands they reshoot everything and follow the original script
>They refuse
>She fires them and hires Ron Howard to do the reshoot

Whether it actually would have been good, who knows. It wasn't going to be the movie in the script that's for sure.

Just what you'd expect from the directors of Brooklyn Nine-Nine.