Which was the best 'passing to the new generation', Star Trek (2009) or Star Wars (2015)?

Which was the best 'passing to the new generation', Star Trek (2009) or Star Wars (2015)?

The Dark Knight Rises (2012)

Derailing this thread?

Well Star Wars is still alive

Force Awakens. Long time fans didn't claim it "wasn't Star Wars".

Star Trek isn't?

it's all fucking sickening. CREATE SOMETHING NEW

nope. member berries. i hate the world

Both kinda sucked but I gotta give it to terk. FA was a carbon copy of ANH, at least terk tried to do something new.

At the moment...not really

Not even 1% as culturally relevant as it used to be.

>CREATE SOMETHING NEW
they cant, california is creatively and intellectually bankrupt

Not really, no. There aren't any movies in the pipeline and when Discovery bombs then CBS will shelve the franchise for a while while they try to figure out what went wrong. Which they won't, and a decade from now they'll try a TV show again and it'll bomb again.

>he wasnt a villain because he killed people in anger, without pity
>he was a villain because he didnt care about his world or hispeople, he just wanted everyone to suffer as he did
Why didnt Star Wars ever had a properly written villain? What the fuck was Kylo Ren deal again?

i think the ST movies were alot better than the SW ones. forace awakens was bad enough that i havent watched any other ones

Normally I would give the benefit of the doubt to the new shows but Discovery really looks weird and I probably will have to agree you

Neither passed to the new generation, I'm sad to report. Both only passed on, they passed into a sort of zombie state in which the visuals are somewhat similar to the past of the franchises, but everything else is cardboard and the soul has left.

>forace awakens was bad enough that i havent watched any other ones
This. I dont get the "it suits the old fans and the new" praise, it was legitimately meh.

My excitement for The Phantom Menace: 8/10
My excitement for The Force Awakens: 6/10
My excitement for The Last Jedi: 2/10

It seems so obvious I just don't understand what cbs is thinking.

>CREATE SOMETHING NEW
They would if you cucks actually went out and bought tickets for it and stopped letting Disney's cock slide down your throat

I like the new Trek movies better than the new Star Wars movies. Trek happens in another timeline and Admiral Spock is (was)mainline Spock, so there's that sense of continuation and unity present. It's an entirely different animal than old Trek which is more than you can say for Didney Wars.

>What the fuck was Kylo Ren deal again?
It was 2015 so movies are just commercials for the next commercials for the next commercials for the next commercials so they never resolve themselves

Bought tickets for what? They have to actually make something new for us to buy it

I'm genuinely interested what did new Star Trek do wrong in regards of the old ones?
I thought it was amazing, rewatched it like 4 times.

Did you ever watch any of the trek shows?

No. Only the cartoons, I thought they were quite good too. Should I?

They're trying to find a way to reconcile wringing shekels and brownie points from spastic liberal millennials who expect their entertainment to be slick and socially aware with wringing shekels from neckbeard Trek fans who don't give a shit about production values or whether or not there are enough fat black crippled dykes on the bridge as long as they get 26-episode seasons and the writing is there.

Utterly forgettable villain. Kylo Ren had a character at least.

No survivors.

TOS movies --> TNG --> DS9

The rest is largely optional; TOS is campy as hell and hit-or-miss but generally pretty enjoyable, VOY is garbage that most people just watch for the sake of completeness, people either love or hate ENT and the only TNG movie worth watching is First Contact.

Because it was "too Star Wars".
More exactly it was Star Wars episode 4.

Star Trek all the way.

Don't listen to Next Generation cucks who wanted the movie to be boring diplomacy.

>not being able to decipher nu-star wars character motivations

Brainlets

That explains why you don't get it. While I did enjoy 2009 trek movie it wasn't exactly in the same vein as the shows. Star Trek has always been about philosophy and exploration. Finding diplomatic solutions to strange problems. There is very little action in the shows. The movies especially Into Darkness were just generic Sci-fi action movies.

Too complicated for you?

>DURR PERHAPS YOU'D PREFER MICHAEL BAY

Not an argument

So you already know
Move along..

this

At least JJ Trek still had a white cis male main protag.

2009 was an action movie while classic was a character driven show.
It's still good, tho. They get better as they go on with Beyond being the best.

Im the guy who haven't watched the original shows and loved the JJ Abrams 2009 movie, and to me beyond is the worst one.

Define "alive"

All those stupid retard star wars fanboys are gonna hijack........

This user gets it, but I would recommend watching Mirror, Mirror before watching DS9. While you're at it, might as well watch City on the Edge of Forever.

Oh and... should watch Space Seed before watching TOS movies.

And should watch The Trouble with Tribbles

Screw it... while we're at it, TNG seasons 1, 2 and first half of 3 are pretty awful. After watching TOS movies, just watch:
1x01-1x02 - Encounter at Farpoint
1x13 - Datalore
1x23 - Skin of Evil
2x03 - Elementary, Dear Data
2x08 - A Matter of Honor
And then skip to 3x15 Yesterday's Enterprise and watch from there.

Fuck Jar Jar Abrams. Star Trek was shit, and Star wars the shit awakens was infinitely shittier. In fact, into darkness was less shit than the shit awakens was.

Star Trek easily. Into Darkness aside - I'll give you that one, it was an embarassment - the new Trek movies are capable of telling a compelling story without relying way too much on callbacks and nostalgia the way the new Star Wars movies are.

If by alive you mean shitting out ogre level gargantuan putrid piles of shit every six months then yes, it's alive and smelly.

TFA was just JJ Abrams trying to capture lightning in a bottle twice and failing. Star Trek 2009 was actually good.

That's not True. There's literally a million scripts that's been vaulted preventing any real change of what we've seen. Now and again a cool Jew bro lets something really awesome slip through but it's not at all encouraged. Imagine if a movie gets made that unwittingly encourages you to challenge the Jew controlled media and Cultural Marxist agenda. Remember, the Iliad Inspired Alexander the Great.

Are you retarded? It had a movie literally just last year and Discovery is coming out later this year. That is the EXACT FUCKING SAME RATE that new Star Wars content is being made, you fucking moron.

Wolf in the fold is also a must see. City on the Edge of Forever makes me cry every time and I'm an old grown-ass man.

Yeah it was good but it shat all over the lore. It took a huge shit all over what made star trek good. Instead of becoming intellectual like the tv shows are on occassion it kept going after that Bay'd type film making and it bit them in the ass. I think when they went on about there's gonna be a fag character and that they're more progressive they turned a lot of people off. Instead of saying, "This is going to be as intellectual as an Undiscovered Country was," no instead they were like, "Oh we got out of the closet and open faggots now, see how tolerant and politically correct we're trying to be."

Star Trek was 9/10
Star Wars was 4/10

>1x13 - Datalore
>1x23 - Skin of Evil
These are terrible episodes that you want people to watch because "muh plot".

And yet... you just skipped over The Measure of a Man and Q Who and The Emissary and The Survivors and Who Watches the Watchers and The Enemy and The Defector and Deja Q.

This is terrible advice.