What's the consensus?

What's the consensus?

Very good

hilariously shit, saved only by the shrink ray theory

crap

Piss... absolutely piss.

decent

really bad writing and execution but some memorable scenes

I don't think a show about theme park killer robots could be any more boring/shitty. Ed Harris was great though.

It's great. But too many normies like it so Sup Forums has to hate it.

The Expanse is better, if you're looking for a scifi show.

Shit from top to bottom. Glad I dropped it

Kino
Ignore these fags who love and only post on twin peaks/got general

DUDE ROBOTITS LMAO

Damn..she looks so much hotter than on the show

it was atrocious beyond beleif. i hated every second of it. i hope this shit gets cancelled, i hope hbo goes bankrupt, i hope cable goes out of business, i hope hollywood crashes and burns, i hope western civilization collapses, and i hope earth is destroyed. all because this fucking show was so bad.

Rewatching it after you know about the Shrink Ray makes it 10x better.

Mediocre.

started great but jumped off a cliff with the retarded hooker ruining the show

Bad. More GoT tier shit with poor writing from HBO.

B E S T G I R L
E
S
T
G
I
R
L

10/10 post

Trash except some acting by the old actors

I really enjoyed it but it hasn't really stuck with me, so I figure it was missing something. Towards the end, I think it got too caught up in trying to be unnecessarily complicated instead of focusing on the characters, who were far more interesting. The first episode was fucking perfect though and pretty much works as a standalone film.

the show itself would be mostly fine if it didn't have all the typical nolan hackery of putting ebin tweeests everywhere

every fucking thing jonathan writes he has to add in narrative gimmicks. it's stupid, just tell the fucking story.

A fresh and intriguing approach that exhausted its good ideas far too quickly and then phoned it in for the rest of the season with tired writing and wasted opportunities.

5/10

this guy got it, the hooker plot has been atrocious.

I really enjoyed it overall but I'm not trying to say it was perfect. There were definitely plot holes and illogical characters all over the place. Somehow it all seemed to make sense at the end though and that's enough for me.

The biggest turnoff about the series for me is that Season 2 isn't scheduled until October 2018, and that might get pushed back even further according to Nolan.

kino

>Season 2 isn't scheduled until October 2018, and that might get pushed back even further according to Nolan.
How in the fuck is this justifiable? That makes me not want to watch just to protest the ungodly amount of time between seasons. Why are they purposely trying to break GoT's record? It's like they do it on purpose for art's sake or something, as though they think a show has to wait at least a 15 months in between seasons to be good.

interesting until you realize none of the robots ever really die and nothing of consequence ever happens

You have to keep in mind that it took 2 years for the first season to get through post-production. They started in 2014 for the October 2016 premiere. They said it was CGI that took so long but then the articles about the plot holes started coming out.

Loved it, but unless Ford made a robot of himself to fake his death and he shows up in season 2 there's no need to continue watching. Without him the show is pointless. Also, claimed.

stopped watching after hopkins let the robots fight back for real and the black prostitue robot's escape attempt failed.

I didn't even finish the first episode.

loved it, only real gripe was that some of the characterizations/dialogue were frustratingly juvenile and stupid her character in particular was horribly written

ayy

it had good potential, but shit characters, and no matter how good your show is if no one gives a fuck about any of the people in it it sucks

i liked it until the last episode with the finale being needlessly convoluted

also the superpowered supersmart whore robot was just dumb

>intelegence: max

I agree.

Watching West World just made me realize how badly I want a well done modern Western TV show, all the western parts of the show were great fun to watch

Incredible kino, also might have fallen in love with Dolores and Anthony Hopkins' gave one of his best villain roles in decades

you deserved first post and trips

titbait

A few scenes are pure Kino, like when the man in black prevents Lawrence from being hanged.

>make two characters so retarded the only excuse to be written like this is that they're robots programmed to be retarded on purpose
>fast forward to the finale
>writers of the show go out out of their way to make it clear that they arent robots
what did they mean by this

Great world and concept, but it's uneventful and the characters aren't very interesting. A three episode story is dragged out to ten. 5/10 overall. The movie was much better.

you ok?

I like how it's a love or hate thing, and I love it. Unbelievable atmosphere and soundtrack, I don't get the gripe about the characters though. Hopkins and Ed Harris hooked me in. Maybe it was the acting that was so great.

it was shit

It wasn't bad. Would have been much better without Thandie Newton. She's a terrible actress, and the character she played was awful as well.

I loved it at first, and I never really stopped liking it, but stupid or at best poorly explained decisions by the characters (especially in the Maeve plot) just kept piling up. By the end it went from great to good for me.

Why are white men so triggered by this character?

10/10

It was interesting at first, but it. ot worse and worse as it went on. I honestly don't even wonder what happen at the end. Just make Sushi World or something.

no good shows were on, so we were forced to watch this

I lost interest 6-7 episodes in. It's mediocre.

Outside of it employing some sperg-tier lefty crybabies, it's not bad.

desu all the crying they did on Twitter about Trump really took me out of the last 2 episodes

Oct 2018? I will remember it as some show I ever watched by that time

Looks good, shit writing/execution. Maybe we lack information about the setting but some of the workers are dumb as bricks, even with the implication the the movie events exist in this world, thus should have anti-AI protocol as part of the training (mostly in reference to the virgin asian surgeon and friend), the rather strange lack of accountability in place in the series as well (low level techs being able to remove logs).

>Trash except some acting by the old actors
Basically this.

I loved that pissing scene

they killed the only interesting character/actor
there's no reason to watch anymore

Great first episode, then every episode worse than the last.

>He wasn't a robot afterall

Dolores a cute. CUTE!

I like it quite a bit. A-

Can you trust me? Here is my perspective:

TDKR: D-
Glengary Glen Ross: A+
Fast and Furious: F
Seven Samurai: A+
Transformers: F
Game of Thrones: B-
Leftovers: A-
Ray Donovan: B+