>Company buys rights to broadcast some Japanese show
>Either can't afford translation or don't care
>make up their own thing
>It turns out to be amazing

Why is this so common, Ken?

Other urls found in this thread:

taima.tv/r/mxc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The writers crammed so many fucking puns and references into each episode.

It's shit, the British dub with Craig Charles is objectively is better.

They set out to make a comedy using the really old footage. They didn't just buy the rights to it and then go "whoops we can't translate it."

>They set out to make a comedy
they failed

Beat Takeshi doesn't deserve to have my pleb friends laugh at him whilst simultaneously not recognizing him.

Well, you're wrong.

right you are, ken.

they should do this to an old Japanese variety show.

Used to watch this with my dad when I was growing up. Good times

There's also a bar near me that has a shitload of beer on tap and tons and tons of old arcade games. They broadcast this show in addition to stuff like american ninja warrior and WWE. smart way to make some nostalgia bux

>mfw we used to watch this is PE during spare the air and rainy days since the gym wasn't big enough to do activities with all the classes

Where can I watch this? is youtube the only option?

This. OP are you really that ignorant of film and television production despite browsing this board every day?

>translation
not translating it was intentional and successful

taima.tv/r/mxc

>Either can't afford translation or don't care
>or don't care
>or don't care

really gets the old noodle roasting

>bongoloid has to tell everyone that they're a bongoloid then when called out on it pretends they aren't

I hate this episode

This. I saw MXC in Canada and it was just strange, it's like they were trying to hard to laugh with the contestants, but Charles was just mocking them. And why the hell did they always do karaoke? Charles was right to remove it.

But clearly that wasn't the case. Posting that was just dumb. How could you "not afford" a translation? That makes no sense.

>How could you "not afford" a translation? That makes no sense.

???

>do it for free

hello janny

Truly post 9-11 pre Iraq war era kino

I've always been curious how the actual show was. Can you get the original show anywhere, or is it locked up in some 30 year old dusty vault?