/who/ - Doctor Who General

GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY GENERAL RTDFAGS!!!!!

last time

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=olLlYBHPZH4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

How did we go from this...

RTD forever!

So, which one do you hate the most? If you want, make top 3.
List:

>Cyberbrig
>The Doctor has spent (possibly over) half his lifespan trapped in Moffat's writing
>For thousands and thousands of years human brains have been uploaded into a Time Lord computer and their bodies turned into Cybermen but no one ever noticed this for some reason
>The other most immortal most special person in reality is some fat viking womanlet who somehow survived until the end of time itself despite just not aging, not actually being invincible
>Cybermen are now zombies that reproduce through a virus- I mean nanobots
>Daleks are now zombies that gain slaves through a vi- nanobots
>Literally the entirety of human existence was guided by the Silence because despite being able to time travel and being from a super duper fucking advanced space society, for some reason they need to wait for thousands of years to get Earthlings to make a 1960s spacesuit on their behalf
>I don't want to think about the impact of other writers stories on the universe so I'm going to come up with a plot device that literally erases all of that shit from time itself in order to keep the status quo
>The Doctor can use his regeneration shit whenever he likes
>The Doctor has some insane obsession with Clara despite her being no better than any other companion ever

...to THIS?

So why was Moffat better at writing during the RTD era?

Why do Nu-Who cybermen stomp?

>user-senpai like my list of Moffucking enough to repost it

ikr, massive improvement

Because he is actually good at thinking out clever sci-fi concept, but he has absolutely no idea how to write real characters, not sitcom ones.

Cyberbrig
Clala obsession
viking womanlet

Cyberbrig the most though.

What's wrong with cyberbrig?

Moffat can write one off episodes, but he's really shitty at writing arcs. His "moffatisms" are also easier to spot when he's writing a lot more episodes.

>>Cyberbrig
>>The Doctor has some insane obsession with Clara despite her being no better than any other companion ever
>>Daleks are now zombies that gain slaves through a vi- nanobots
these

>Cyberbrig
I found this incredibly distasteful considering Nicholas Courtney is dead irl
>Half his lifespan in Moffat's writing
I don't have a problem with this per se, it's just I feel too much 'significant' stuff has happened in the Moffat era
Hate this. So so much.

>all white cast of Torchwood
>add in a black guy for season 4
>suddenly /who/ hates it

Hmmm

Because 'Retard The Dingus' and 'Stepenis Moffhack' thought Cybermen were epic cool robots who just happened to have organic components, and missed the bodyhorror point. Next episode might redeem Moffat slightly on that front, but even if it does I imagine he'll still do a bunch of other stupid shit that's just as worse.

>reminder that Moffat's scripts are so predictable that after "Silence in the Library" aired, Loz already predicted River was gonna die in "Forest of the Dead"

But that's a good thing. Everyone knowing about aliens takes the fun out of it. Earth is supposed to be like our Earth, blissfully unaware of what lies beyond. It's easier to connect with these people. Plus running off with the Doctor is supposed to be a unique life altering experience, now they can just say no thanks, I'll wait a week and some huge alien invasion will happen here and I don't need to go anywhere to experience this thrill.

Kris Marshall odds at 2/1, a few hours ago they were significantly larger. It's either him or Rosenthal. It's not Richard Mylan, that was a well-known bookie trick to get people to put money on him - no one would bet 15k.

But rise of the cybermen / age of steel is body horror story
They just stomp... too much.

i've seen the episode and this won't be a bingo

>I've seen the episode

stop this meme

ye i saw a preview
ama

Are you circumcised?

It's not Roesnthal since he's tweeted about it.

How do you get so insecure that you decide to lie about seeing an episode of Doctor Who to try and get attention on a Sup Forums board?

>The Master created the Mondasian cybermen

FUCKING REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

This ep is not canon. Ruins the Tenth Planet.

Fill out for us then.

nop

leddit

Fill out the bingo sheet

>The Doctor has some insane obsession with Clara despite her being no better than any other companion ever
Not really. She kept popping up in his timeline and kept sacrificing herself for him. It's more justified than 10 and his obsession with Rose

RTD made that rule user.

>Cyberbrig
What's wrong with that?

>I don't want to think about the impact of other writers stories on the universe so I'm going to come up with a plot device that literally erases all of that shit from time itself in order to keep the status quo
When did that happen? It didn't really have an effect since SJA still happened

I agree with everything else though

I'm split on this one because there's so much about the Master's chronology we don't know about. It's certainly possible Tipple is just Ainley recast, but so many Master regenerations have happened off-screen, who are we to say it is?

On one hand, Tipple doesn't look *that* much like Ainley (if you look at the promotional shots he seems to take more inspiration from Delgado's Master) and in his unused dialogue for the movie, talks differently than Ainley, with an American accent.

youtube.com/watch?v=olLlYBHPZH4

Of course, this might just be the leaves / Americucks who made the movie being unauthentic, but it begs the question of *why* they didn't just get Ainley back if they wanted to use his Master, when they clearly cared enough about authenticity to get Sylvester McCoy back as the Doctor?

On the other hand, there are the Master's eyes which are featured very prominently in the movie. Tipple can be seen wearing golden contacts in the promotional shots which are also seen during the intro of the movie (see above) and later used by Roberts!Master to hypnotize people. I always thought that the Master having glowing golden cat eyes in the movie was supposed to be a nod to what happened to Ainley in "Survival", a possible confirmation that they are indeed supposed to be the same Master.

However Big Finish fucks with the continuity a bit by showing the Master degenerating back into Beevers a couple of times, including post-"Survival" after which Ainley's rotted away. So it's also possible that Tipple's Master is just another stolen body.

>When did that happen? It didn't really have an effect since SJA still happened

Amy: Why don't I remember Daleks
Doctor: Cracks erased everything connected to doctor who before year 2010...

I believe user is referring to this

>What's that thing?
>A Mondasian Cyberman
>A what?
>A Mondasian Cyberman
>What's a Mondasian Cyberman?
>Nevermind, it's a Mondasian Cyberman
>But that's not explaining. That's just saying a word. What's a Mondasian Cyberman?

>>Cyberbrig
>I found this incredibly distasteful considering Nicholas Courtney is dead irl
The worst part is it was clearly some hamfisted attempt at honouring his memory. If he wasn't dead IRL it wouldn't have happened.

Cyberbrig is disrespectful to the legacy of Nick Courtney. It would be ok if he was still alive, but to have the corpse of his character be resurrected and turned into the most horrific thing imaginable is pretty shitty. Especially since Nick Courtney is dead.

Imagine if they did it to Sarah Jane?

greens are yes, yellows are "meh"
half the nextitme trailer from EoL is from Doctor Falls

So, if the spoilers are true, how do you react to the following FACTS:

1) Master created first ever cybermen because he needs henchmen to bully Doctor
2) Missy is the last Master ever, and she dies in Doctor Falls. So every other writer now should consider that Missy is the last incarnation and she died in the black hole.

>half the nextitme trailer from EoL is from Doctor Falls
How stupid do you think we are?

>Cybermen are now zombies that reproduce through a virus- I mean nanobots
>Daleks are now zombies that gain slaves through a vi- nanobots
I hate these equally for what in the grand scheme of Doctor Who is probably a very silly reason; I don't buy that "CyberPollen" or "Dalek nanobots" can somehow materialise the matter required to build Cyberman armour/Dalek eyestalks out of thin air. How can a microscopic entity create body-wise changes like that? There's a thin line between pseudoscience and magic, and that just cross it for me.

The Master creating the cybermen ruins the concept of the cybermen.

Missy as the last master is equally as awful, stupid, and will ensure the Master never comes back. In fact, I hope Chibnall doesn't bring back the master.

literally true tho
simm is razer, he's revealed at the very end of the ep.

What is meant by Master's accent getting worse as episode goes on?

>>I don't want to think about the impact of other writers stories on the universe so I'm going to come up with a plot device that literally erases all of that shit from time itself in order to keep the status quo
>When did that happen? It didn't really have an effect since SJA still happened
I believe user is referring to the cracks in time.

I've heard people say that they made humanity forget about all the RTD-related alien invasions and stuff RTD was always calling back to (Sycorax, Slitheen, Cyberman/Dalek invasion) but I'm not sure if this was ever stated on the show.

I can't take anyone seriously who says Clara was the worst companion while in the same breath saying Rose was the best.

How much screentime is there of Simm out-of-disguise?

What are the three big cliffhangers at the end?

Clara was the worst companion and Rose was the best.

I'm not going to tell you because it would ruin a surprise in the episode. It was already ruined for me.

:'(

I have never heard anyone say that.

I am probably about to

I'm pretty sure that episode implied that every Earth invasion before year the Doctor met Amy is erased from existance

>>The other most immortal most special person in reality is some fat viking womanlet who somehow survived until the end of time itself despite just not aging, not actually being invincible
>>Cyberman/Dalek nanobots
>>The Doctor has spent (possibly over) half his lifespan trapped in Moffat's writing

Bonus:
>Cybermen are now literally remote controlled robots with no will or agenda of their own
>Cybermen can fly

It feels really fucking stupid to have the Brigadier resurrected as a Cyberman, who iirc were UNIT's first enemies. If this had been done while the Brigadier was still relevant it could have been good, if it was portrayed as something horrifying and upsetting, but the way it was done was really fucking stupid: the Brigadier has been dead and irrelevant for years now, but they suddenly bring him back as a Cyberman. However, this is meaningless because it's not portrayed as something bad, as he apparently resisted the conditioning. So, he just came back to life as a cool silver coloured Iron Man who can fly around and shoot lasers and save his daughter and shit. It feels pointless.

Plus

>wanting to know the cliffhangers a day before the episode ends

Why? Why ruin your enjoyment of the show?

wose tylah wuz teh doctah's 1 twoo wuv :'(

ok, thanks

not much in weat
wish they hadnt spoiled the reveal tho cuz it woulda been goat
only noticed 2, the whole simm reveal and the bill being the first cyberman. fucking stupid ass zoom on her crying eyes in the mask while the master says 'genesis of hte cybermen' thirteen times like a fucking idiot. n odiea what the previews mean by the trhid
unless they mean the capaldi regen in the next-time (the next time for tdf is literally one long explosion)

>tfw Nicholas Courtney was disrespected so his insufferable, wooden daughter character could continue to be insufferable and wooden

>Cyberflab not green
>Despite the fact we can see it in the trailers and promo shots
u r stupid

I really liked RTD when he was in charge of the show, but CYBER DREADNAUGHT stomping on victorian city was really shit. Feels great that this particular one is erased from canon by cracks.

>the next time for tdf
there won't be one you fucking idiot

wtf is cbyerflab

lol k

>'genesis of the cybermen thirteen times'
>thirteen times

That's "CyberKing" pleb, it was a dreadnaught-class ship.

But yes it was utterly retarded.

I can't wait for Cybillman.

Confirmed

Guys
If that "Missy is the last master" rumour is true I think I'll suicide because this is beyond arrogant of Moffat' to write this

Why?
It's not like the master was a good villain anyway

rtdbad blood will be spilt in this general

Gonna be playing The Tenth Planet on /casualwhostream/ shortly folks.

Come get comfy, post memes, hype tomorrow, or not. Your choice.

Is Tom Baker not appearing in The Five Doctors (and thus being replaced with archive footage) as bad as Christopher Eccleston not appearing in The Day of the Doctor (and thus being replaced with archive footage)?

ROSE
TYLER
WAS
THE DOCTOR'S
ONE
TRUE
LOVE

>suicide because of show
Autism in it's purest form.

Of all the things Moffat has done, THIS is the thing that makes you accuse him of arrogance? Get a grip RTDfag

They need to get rid of the time lords/all time lord characters except the doctor *completely* because nothing new ever happens.

I hope the Chibnall era is just the Doctor having adventures and it's fun with cool aliens. I don't care about the Doctor's backstory.

Don't forget about "Master creat cyberman just because"-thing

Master is a good villain with good writer. Moffat aren't good writer.

Oh look, RTDfaggotry in the thread and suddenly something is being streamed. This has never happened before.

Call me a fanatic but I'm pretty sure he was
Moffat era didn't have good villain for finales anyway

>s5: literally everyone but nobody fleshed out
>s6: madame cov... who?
>s7a: weeping angels, I'll take it
>s7b: great "forgettable edgy man in a hat with forgettable servants" intellegence
>s8: yay it's master
>s9: time lords, but in fact nobody

Yeah, I meant the cracks in time, which in Victory of the Daleks were pretty much confirmed to be the reason the status quo keeps being restored ().

I agree with you, to be honest, and for this reason I think they need to stop doing big amazing dramatic invasion episodes set on modern day Earth, and stick to stuff like the Zygon episodes where it's all happening secretly, World War 3 where everyone decided it was a hoax at the end, or the Series 3 finale where time got rewound. Though, no Lie of the Land bullshit where everyone gets their mindwiped but seem completely unconcerned about the massive worldwide damage and who knows how many missing people. If they want to do a big invasion episode set on modern day Earth then they could at least set it in 2040 or something, rather than the present day but everyone habitually forgets the regular alien invasions and mess genocides.

Bill was Mr. Popo the whole time...

>Moffat aren't good writer.

okay look, i'm not usually one to point out spelling errors but this is hilariously ironic

Coincidental. I lurk most threads and only post when I decide to put something on the stream.

>Master is a good villain with good writer.
So he was never a good villain then. Thanks user

>Moffat aren't good writer.
Missy was the best master we've gotten since Delgado and Jacobi

kek

These.

cringe

You think that the Master can die forever? I bet you thought he burnt to a crisp in Planet of Fire.

I didn't watch Miracle Day all the way through but I don't remember having a problem with it. Why does this general seem to dislike it so much?

I hope we get to see cyberconversion tomorrow.

they're gonna announce the new doctor announcement tomorrow

Because it feels very americanised with different camera / direction work
Story-wise it's alright, ignoring the fact that miracle day is never referenced in the canon EVER again

It's overlong, boring and falls back on the old Torchwood problem of sex and violence rather than telling an interesting story.

Cut down Miracle Day to five episodes, and then we're moving in the right direction.

Probably because it was the direct successor to children of earth which would be very hard to beat in terms of story

For me it was too long and boring and it focused to much on Jack gay romances, which stripped his out of his pansexuality and just made him gay.

>this was a good place once... but this ship is old, everything is dying...

>WE MUST EVOLVE TO SURVIVE

Wow, four different opinions.