Ian McKellen wants a gay James Bond

youtube.com/watch?v=sgQpNdyn0i4

Why do these Hollywood SJWs have to shove their agenda down our throats by parachuting minority characters into well-established franchises? Why can't Hollywood producers introduce new franchises with protags that are gay, black or whatever? It wouldn't alienate fans of current franchises and would eliminate a lot of backlash.

James Bond is white and heterosexual and should always be white and heterosexual desu. There is nothing wrong with that.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Lm93TAEgwdc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because the left wants a world where everyone is bi sexual or gay

That's one way to make sure a black man never plays him, Eddie Redmayne Bond when

Did you actually watch the video?

He doesn't give a fuck about a gay James Bond, he's just coming up with an answer to the dog shit question he was asked. He's not going to sit there and say "None. I don't want ANY gay superheroes".

But there are already LGBT superheroes, with new LGBT superheroes getting introduced in the comics all the time. But well-established superheroes who we've known and loved for years shouldn't all of a sudden become gay.

Why does it bother you so much? With each new interpretation of a superhero there are differences and subtleties.

fags have a distorted worldview

I hate the way they always try and co-opt well established characters. If James Bond was gay in the first place then would be as popular or well known today? No?

Instead of stealing already popular characters and forcing them into gayness, maybe try creating an original character who happens to be gay with an original story and try and make him as cool, and popular as Bond.

Or is that too difficult and the gay community would forever prefer to ride on the coattails of others hard work?

we already had one, sean connery is gay

I say this as a scottish man that shagged sean connery

I don't understand why homosexuality is a bridge too far. The Daniel Craig Bong, while still calm and collected, was obviously battling intense grief and unhappiness. He took the character to a far darker and more introspective place than in other interpretations.

Shouldn't the be just as bad as making him gay?

youtube.com/watch?v=Lm93TAEgwdc

This scene from Skyfall probably implies Craig's Bond has screwed with men before, even if only for the purposes of espionage. This kind of ambiguity is great, but making him full-on gay would make it hard to conceptualize Bond as a character in the future

Better than a black Bond

>hard to conceptualize

But making Bond a sobbing mess who shirks his duty for months over intense grief doesn't?

Why don't you guys just admit you don't care about changing the character, you're just uncomfortable with political influences in film and media?

I want a fat rainbow-haired transsexual James Bond.

James bond is such a boring shitty franchise, making him gay or black or retarded could only help to be honest.

>retarded

Why aren't SJWs complaining about the lack of retarded people in the media? Wouldn't many Down syndromed people be super happy if the next James Bond had Downs Syndrome?

Amy Pascal begone from this place

>Wouldn't many Down syndromed people be super happy if the next James Bond had Downs Syndrome?

they'd be happy with potato

>Ian McKellen wants a gay James Bond
how did this manage to trigger you so badly? quick, get to a safe space

This right here is why no one wants a gay Bond.

Who's more likely to make a gay Bond. A director who loves and cherishes the franchise and wishes to bring his vision of Bond to life.

Or this guy, who dislikes the franchise, but would be willing to make a gay Bond movie to further an agenda.

You have it the wrong way round. Most people don't care about LGBT or other minority characters in film, but we find it annoying when well-established franchises are being exploited for political aims.

Playing with the psychology of Bond from film to film is intriguing, but a change of ethnicity or sexual orientation is too significant a change to go unnoticed.

>james bond parachutes in on a rainbow colored parachute
*smacks lips*

*smacks strawberry daiquiri lipbalm*

fixed

People like their favorite franchises to be done by someone who loves and cherishes the series as they do. Some time their visions of the character may differ, but no fan. Not one wants their franchise to be done by a director who's just looking for the next pay check. And no fan want someone to make a Bond movie just to promote their own political beliefs. They want a person to make a Bond movie to promote Bond.

Who cares what this old Queen wants? Looks like a right dirty bastard