Unpopular opinions thread

The Fifth Element is a better movie than the Star Wars prequels and sequels combined sans maybe special effects.

Well of course it is. The SW prequels and sequels are utter bilge.

nu-males will disagree

Luc Besson is shit, and always has been. This movie is straight up awful.

I will (not would) punch you in your cocksucking face

>that skin

>i liked fifth element
>unpopular opinion

Here's an actual unpopular opinion for you. I think fifth element is a generic action movie at best
At worst it's a dumb 3/10 flick and that Chris Tucker character is the fucking most annoying guy ever

>unpopular opinions thread
>posts opinion that no sane person disagrees with in op
What did he mean by this?

Anyway, mine is that Ghostbusters is not that great. I don't like movies that improv-heavy, feels formless. It beats the modern Apatow dreck though.

Mad Max Fury Road is complete garbage. Its action scenes aren't enough to make it a good movie and it feels more like a collection of clips than an actual movie. It also feels like a PG-13 movie masquerading as an R rated one.

>It also feels like a PG-13 movie masquerading as an R rated one
I'll give you that

Agreed also by it's logic the compound people in Mad Max 2 are the bad guys because theĀ“re not doing anything much different than immortan Joe.

Suicide Squad wasn't as bad as people make it out to be.
Most people only hate it because it was the "cool" thing to do last year.
In a few years, people will realize it was actually a decent anti-hero movie that was unappreciated because of selfish kids (i.e. NOT MY JOKER) on social media.

Idk what you're talking about, it was legitimately one of the worst blockbuster films I have ever seen. if you think that movie is anything but bad you have straight up bad taste

i dont know why 5th element is so divisive-- its 100% pure 90's kino with special effects that are more convincing than our modern cgi shit that some guy rendered on his computer

The Pirates of the Caribbean movies are better than Star Wars AND Harry Potter

Still not as a good as LOTR even though I personally prefer Pirates

Unpopular opinion: Phantom Menace is the best of the prequels

I absolutely love it and I'm not sure why Besson is so disappointed in the sfx. Perfectionism?

I agree.

In terms of being a movie that works as a movie yeah. The young Anakin stuff is awful, but it's not the whole movie. In terms of having cool shit in it that could have been awesome had it been competently made, though, ROTS wins. AOTC has no redeeming qualities.

More F-bombs and blood doesn't make a fucking good movie. I'm talking to you, Logan.

there's like 1-2 movies that come out of hollywood a year that are worth watching

Because it has a uninteresting one-sentence "plot", and was written by a 12 year old, then directed by that same 12-year old many years later.

>IN A WORLD where a ball of evil comes around every 5000 years...
>ONLY ONE WOMAN can stop it.

Contemporary cinema is mostly garbage. Anything not shot on film is garbage.

Sup Forums likes capeshit a lot more than it thinks it does

I love the Bayformers movies. They're so dependable in giving me exactly what I want and expect when I want to watch a cheesy, fun summer blockbuster epic with great effects and a plot marginally better then what comes out of my asshole.

Daddario is not only unattractive, but also a shit-tier actress as well. Seems nice though!

Star Wars is the worst thing to ever happen to pop culture

>adding 3 negatives to 3 positives is zero
of course fifth element is better when compared to the 6 star wars movies, the prequels were garbage