Why is this allowed?

Why is this allowed?

Is it the reason those recent black shows and movies have been 95%+ on rotten tomatoes?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanford_prison_experiment
twitter.com/AnonBabble

well

Because the Oscars have ALWAYS been about inter-studio politics rather than movies. Why else do you think Harvey Weinstein has so many Oscars? Dude is corrupt as fuck.

It's why Moonlight won this year.

I promise you 90% of the Academy saw La La Land and loved it and only 10% of voters saw Gay Black Boys: The Motion Picture but because of La La Land's white cast and Moonlight's minority pandering, they voted it to win.

Despite the fact that Moonlight was the definition of a film school movie. Like, indistinguishable from shit you see in Production II classes.

We've always known the Oscars are bullshit. I mean, Apocalypse Now lost to Kramer vs Kramer.

Remember when toni erdmann was set to win the oscar all year and then trumps mudslime ban happened and then the Iranian director won :^)

This.
Moonlight was the dumbest oscar contender I've ever seen. Admittedly, I haven't seen 12 years a slave, but it can't possibly be any worse

12YAS is actually well made. Moonlight was trash.

12 years a slave was actually good.

were they white?

Shouldn't it be 3 -> 1 -> 2?

12yas is slaverykino

>caring about the Oscars
Most people don't give a shit about that masturbatory bullshit

>implying oscar voters watch any "documentary shorts" at all before voting

>Social Relevance
>Slavery ended 150 years ago

>I promise you 90% of the Academy saw La La Land and loved it
They may be corrupt but they are not fucking plebes. Moonlight is better on every level, la la land more like dis dis dishonest filmmaking.

That doesn't make sense. Critics watch movies and shows; Oscar voters don't.

12 Years was good, but what bothered me was giving Nyongo the Oscar and praising her performance, her entire 5 minutes in the entire fucking movie, and maybe about two paragraphs of dialogue, if that.

stop being racist you piece of shit

Denzel won an oscar for a similar role in Glory in 1990. Hollywood definitely has a case of white guilt and when a black actor can convey suffering under white oppression, they very easily award the actor with an Oscar.

Don't you have a girlfriend to fuck, you fucking shit character

>tfw I never saw Kramer vs Kramer and just assumed it was a black & white political film from the 50s due to its award status.

I member :^)

But Sup Forums criticizes movies without having seen them

I watched it.

I have no idea what the political relevance for it is. Is it the first movie to deal with divorce or something?

The Oscars hqve been a joke for years. Its not about actual talent anymore. Its just lets pick what movie/actors who appeal to the PC standard.

>he forgot how much SocJus infected everything in 2014

Fag = Director
Jew = Producer
Dyke = Film Critic

12 years a slave is great because its a true story and portrayed exactly how the events occurred.

And saving private Ryan losing to fucking Shakespeare in love. Only bc that mega jew weinstein politiced his way through Hollywood for the votes.

i'm glad someone does

12 years a slave was laughably bad. I kept expecting someone to walk through each scene and say "wow slavery sure was bad wasn't it" and and don't get me started on "hi I'm brad Pitt and I'm here to end slavery" Amadeus and glory handled slavery a million times better.

No I honestly had no idea what the movie is about. I must've mistaken it for Citizen Kane which I haven't seen either lol

Damn it user its 2017. Slavery is very relevant.

>because of it's social relevance they felt obligated to do so
This sentence clearly illustrates why humanity will fail.

Grow up.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanford_prison_experiment

Did she even talk in the film? I just remember her getting whipped and then fassbender banging her. Truly an Oscar worthy performance.

Slavery didn't end and you're just as stupid as the black Americans who think it did just because it stopped in America.

Currently no country has laws permitting Slavery.

Wow I guess that means it's not happening at all then.

Shouldn't it be Kramer v. Kramer because that's how you cite a case?

Then why make a movie about a form of organized Slavery that doesn't exist anymore, instead of making one about contemporary slavery?

Yeah, I have really no idea.
Making a film about modern slavery for Oscars sounds like a way more safer bet nowadays.
Especially considering ISIS have enslaved people which would make it socially relevant.

Ocsar members have always been lazy shits. They literally don't have the time to watch the movies in a theater? Apparently so. Why watch a movie the way its meant to be seen when you can be a lazy cunt and watch half a movie on a shitty DVD screener on your laptop? It's not like the OSCARS present itself as the most prestigious awards show on the planet.

That being said 12 Years a Slave is a legit great movie.

honestly it isnt a very good movie.

Its kinda insulting how it gives slavery the hollywood treatment with characters just being sadistic assholes for no reason reciting villain-speeches while others just randomly talk about their tragic life stories. I found the entire movie very off-putting.

Fucking Django unchained did it better because at least Tarantino showed that slavery was mostly just a "matter of fact" thing for slaves and slavers alike and the lines of abuser and abused werent all that clear cut either. It was a horrible system, not just a bunch of horrible people.

>honestly it isnt a very good movie

sorry it isnt.

If a character-driven movie just delivers cardboard cutouts then it failed.

>this movie is already 4 years old

Better than dishonest cinema

Real talk favorite film from last year

/thread

Now there's more white slavery than any other type of slavery in the world or in past history.

Who is this faggot defending the movie at every turn with no arguments whatsoever
Fuck off back to rebbit already

Why does time spent on Sup Forums fly by so fast

> WHAAA THE MOVIE SUCKS
> No it doesn't
> WHAAA PROVE THAT IT DOESN'T!

The movie is great. Sucks you have shit taste and/or you let LEL BLACK SLAVE STORY blind you like a retard.

i haven't seen it either but i give it an 8/10

This is not new. The majority of the voters don't watch all the movies that have been nominated. They either abstain, vote for the ones they've actually seen, or vote for the ones they're told to vote for.

Like I guarantee some people voted for Moonlight without seeing it.

>Hollywood
>white guilt
>white

Go watch more cartoons

This. I forget which Oscarbait movie it was from the last couple of years because there are so many now, but I remember a prominent critic's review basically literally outright saying it wasn't a good movie, but it deserved to be nominated because "diversity"

You can tell the fatass that wrote this is a failed screenwriter

>you can only comment on the state of Hollywood if you FAILED at trying to get in!
>you're a FAT LOSER XD

bump

Moonlight was legitimately great. I liked La La Land more, but Moonlight was objectively a better film.

Also La La Land being dishonest is like calling any sort of musical dishonest. Fuck off with that meme.

You'd have to be some kinda naive child to not already realize that all awards are just an exercise in public masturbation.

t. someone who doesn't know anything about films

the oscar's procedures for giving awards are about as close to objective as you can get.

It's pretty hilarious how white people need to break themselves up into separate racial groups to pretend they aren't absolutely disgusting as a whole.

>12 Years a Slave is a movie about a black man who is enslaved then never does anything to improve his position or escape and then is rescued by a white man

Really fires up the old neurons

I don't have my Sup Forums hat on but this is what is ruining cinema.

I feel like 90% of the people who rave about Luke Cage and Get Out and Atlanta and Fruitvale Station have never seen and of those

I'd also like to point out that the Razzies are bullshit

Same with blacks desu
>light skinned niggers
>dark skinned niggers

>Apocalypse Now lost to Kramer vs Kramer.
As well it should have.

>And saving private Ryan losing to fucking Shakespeare in love.
Neither deserved it.

upvoted

>Muh mediocre war movies
Apocalypse Now might have deserved it if it had came out a year prior to prevent The Deer Hunter from setting a precedent that Oscar Bait is fine.

I know I won't get a serious answer without people memeing but if I were to get a job in the Hollywood business how much would I get shit on as a non-white since we all know jews are racist as fuck since they're good at hiding it and I'm referring to the rich ones

>not just reading the synopses so you can watch hundreds of kinos in a single day
Shiggy

Didn't this happen at the same time people were calling the Oscars racist/#OscarsSoWhite?

LOL

That's not the point though. People are picking it even though they haven't seen it.

yes

>Why is this allowed?
Because the oscars are just designed for a bunch of hollywood liberals to circlejerk each other. No one has taken the Grammy's seriously for a long time.

they've done that the past few years

This. Nowadays Cannes gives awards to better movies than the Oscars. Back in the day Cannes winning movies were pretentious trash and movies with Oscars were good.

>People are picking it even though they haven't seen it.
You act as if they don't do this with every other movie nominated.

Oscars have been useless
this

i agree
fuck drumpf and fuck white people

>implying the artistic value of a movie changes with where you watch it

>dishonest cinema
what does this mean exactly? i've seen this term thrown around quite a bit

Fortunately a bunch of black literally who's won everything at the last Oscars so everyone went home happy.

It's a meme you dip

1990s best picture winners:
>Dances with Wolves
>Silence of the Lambs
>Unforgiven
>Schindler's List
>Forrest Gump
>Braveheart
>The English Patient
>Titanic
>Shakespeare in Love
>American Beauty

2000s:
>Gladiator
>A Beautiful Mind
>Chicago
>Return of the King
>Million Dollar Baby
>Crash
>The Departed
>No Country for Old Men
>The Hurt Locker

2010s to date:
>The King's Speech
>The Artist
>Argo
>12 Years a Slave
>Birdman
>Spotlight
>Moonlight

>Profiteering Private Prisons and Mass Incarceration
>Not modern slavery

Just another one of America's great atrocities that will be remembered and ashamed of in the future.

If black people hate going to jail so much maybe they should stop killing people and stealing shit?

>I have no retort
That's what I thought.

Oversimplifying a solution to a problem doesn't actually address the problem, retard. Have you ever thought that prejudice, unjust sentences of black fathers/men, and persecution of shit like marijuana creates a prison culture/Feedback loop that private jails can profit from immensely?

Either way your answer is probably gonna be fuck black people XD so, I guess I don't expect you to understand anything complicated.

>exact same crime
I just read the two cases

The white kid touched a girl's vagina while she was passed out drunk and the black kid teamed up with three of his friends to beat and gangrape a woman then urinate on her while calling her a worthless white bitch and they recorded the whole thing and posted it to their Facebook

How is that "the exact same crime"?

Maybe stop being degenerates who consume illegal drugs?
Yet another example of niggers misrepresenting facts to victimize themselves in the eyes of naive bleeding heart libcucks