Predicted to make less than $60 million after 5 days at the box office

>predicted to make less than $60 million after 5 days at the box office

If Bay wasn't voluntarily saying he was done with this franchise, Paramount was going to fucking fire him. They know he's nearly ruined this brand in the US. Chinese success can't fully make up for what a disaster Transformers has become stateside.

So who could they get to direct the next few movies? I'd like Gore Verbinksi.

Why do you seriously care about this shit

Next movie is the start of the "Transformers Cinematic Universe", will be a Bumblebee spinoff that changes the tone/style of the series, before they do 6 and possibly an all animated Cybertron movie.

Transformers is basically getting MOUSED.

Anything that isn't capeshit, Disney remakes or Star Wars makes dick. They'll probably can the franchise after the spinoff flops.

why do you seriously care that he cares about this shit?

Because it's funny

Man thanks god American audiences are becoming a little more discerning with movies.

Could they even possibly make a good transformers movie anymore? It would have to be so radically different in every way from Bay's films that I don't think anyone could pull it off.
The only option i can see is taking the series back to it's roots as a children's cartoon. Maybe similar to How to Train your Dragon.

If they can transform The Fast & The Furious series from a low-budget series about cars and racing to a blockbuster action spectacular, they can transition the Transformers movies into something worthwhile.

But transformers is already a blockbuster action franchise. That's exactly the problem

They could just follow the somewhat serious tone they always set in the goddamn trailers.

I want a completer franchise reboot, utilizing the character designs that everyone loves from the G1 era all the way to Beast Wars and Transmetals. Give people what they want, pure nostalgia.

is that a samurai

>capeshit like just league, Spider-Man same old, and avengers will make nearly or over a billion

I don't think so, tim

>Marky random is a descendant of Merlin or some bullshit

So bay really is just a
>blow everything up
Hack

You can go backwards.

The most critically acclaimed X-Men movie had almost no stakes, essentially being more of a personal drama piece then a big budget action blockbuster.

Transformers can't go that far, but it's possible to scale down from the constant "WORLD ENDING THREAT THIS WILL CHANGE EVERYTHING" plot in every movie.

Apt because Marvel created many of the TF characters and much of the lore.

>honestly believing it isnt going to make far more than 60 million

its like you don't know the general populace

Can we get an R rated BEAST WARS with gore and cannibalism? Please mouse.

Do a film with Nightbeat the Autobot detective investigating Deception shenanigans, kind of film bout, with the TF's being secretive a core aspect, mixed with action.

I said "a little"

So, I have only watched the first one, and didn't care much about the franchise. Why is this one failing? In what aspects does it fail to meet the high expectations of their fanbase

That's a knight, this is a samurai.
Marky Mark is just a random chosen by a dying alien he tries to help, some english woman is a descendent of Merlin.

>tfw we wont get a reboot like starship troopers.
>we will never get to see humanity rightfully revolt against the FOURTH planetary destruction from robots
>we wont see megatron and didnuffin Prime lynched by giant cranes
>no cheesy space battles against robots.

Would be fun desu

wait

what do transformers disguise themselves as when machines don't exist yet?

Not really a disguise, but five of them join together to form a three-headed dragon.

What's the point? How is that any less conspicuous than giant robots?

They adapt to whatever technology is available, or go full Beast Wars and scan native lifeforms.
That was all 12 Knights of Iacon, and that's not disguise, that's to kick ass.

>Be Me
>Walk into Office
>"Hey user, you're going to the New Transformers to fill out your yearly normie activities quota right? If you don't, we'll pink slip ya, don't want others thinking your weird or something"
>Y...Yes Sir
>Planned on just getting a ticket as proof that I watched the movie and presenting it at the office
>Theater has a no single's thingamajigger, so I have to pay for two
>Co-Worker catches me picking up the Tickets
>"HEY! I can't believe we're going to the same showing!"
>Fuck

I really just can't picture those designs translating well to live action

Planet of the Apes makes money. It could chew into Spider-Mans profits

i means it almost happens in this movie, they start gunning all the cybertronian dindus down with a bunch of metal gears in the beginning

Bumblebee movie is being directed by Travis Knight. i.e the guy who did Paranorman, Kubo and the two strings and Coraline.
The scriptwriter is some nobody.
I don't really know what to make of it until I see a trailer.

They dont really

I fell asleep twice during this movie. I think I threw away my 3d glasses; I don't remember.