youtube.com/watch?v=EBiVoCkUAwA
youtube.com/watch?v=rln9Hx_wPFw
youtube.com/watch?v=MBj0HOLVQt8
youtube.com/watch?v=KCC4iLoV7d0
youtube.com/watch?v=-r1lJuk4EjA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

One of the best zombie film's ever

is it worth watching?
i started it a year ago or so, but turned off when i realised there are only chings in the movie

It was boring and shit.

Had to fucking read.

Like, If I wanted to read I would pick up a book.

> t. ameritard

dumb cute anime girl poster

yeah it's pretty good my dude. nothing groundbreaking but just overall very solid

This trash is proof that korean flicks are made for iqlets
Snowpiercer meets world war z and it's hailed as the best zombie flick made

Pathetic

The timeline where tasteless idiots on an anime website praise cheap melodrama and clichés that even the Koreans themselves hated.

>Realise this is why there isn't any high class foreign films nominated
>americans cant and dont want to try and read

I dont think ive ever seen a korean film before, op. Just based on that strange idea I dont know if I want to make this my "first korean film".

CAN SMART PEOPLE RECCOMEND THOUGHT PROVOKING KOREAN CINEMA? I have a flight tommorow I can watch stuff on if I download tonight.

Zombies are the reddit of monsters and the genre needs to be retired permanently

붉은 바캉스 검은 웨딩

>it has zombies and a train, therefore it has everything to do with snowpiercer and world war z
>what is tone
>what is cinematography
>what is good and bad acting
>what is hollywood being dead and all it's films are garbage meant to make money and nothing else

youtube.com/watch?v=EBiVoCkUAwA
???
are you sure?

>>what is tone
Terrible like most korean films that make it to the western imdb buffs.
>what is cinematography
Terrible like most zombie media.
>what is good and bad acting
>good acting
Not in this.
>what is hollywood being dead and all it's films are garbage meant to make money and nothing else
Korean cinema is basically Hollywood 2. It's all fedora posturing dog shit. It gives plebs the ability to say they've seen foreign films and allows them to keep the same type of enjoyment they get from Blockbusters. You just proved it too.

Snowpiercer >>> literal shit >> Train to Busan > World War Z

Snowpiercer is literal shit too

Have you seen My Way? The ending is so over the top it's hilarious.

no wonder our state of cinema is shit, people like you

>THE TRAIN'S MANIFEST LISTS ME, MY DAUGHTER, AND ONLY ONE OF YOU!
>FIRST ONE TO BITE ME GETS TO STAY ON MY TRAIN

Yeah, it's kinda fun that as soon as you stop using guns and hyper-violence, suddenly, you make a good movie. Because without guns and hyper-violence you need to work on actual fucking script.

This.

South Koreans save everything, gaming, pop music

>not plane to bane

South Koreans act like Americans so whats the difference?

MFW 9 out of the last 10 South Korean movies I've watched at random have been straight kino.

Some top Kino picks
youtube.com/watch?v=rln9Hx_wPFw
youtube.com/watch?v=MBj0HOLVQt8
youtube.com/watch?v=KCC4iLoV7d0
youtube.com/watch?v=-r1lJuk4EjA

>gaming
>implying sk puts out games that arent either p2w or grindfest shits
their best game in past 5 years is BDO's character creator.

>Uh, you don't get to bring infected

This film was good until the ending. A little too saccharine for my test

That is literally the opposite of the truth

asians make the BEST kino

How do I get into Korean kino?

nth for Japs did it better

How is it surprising that Koreans and the rest of Asia make great horror? It's only horror to us. Those fucks probably think it's a romantic comedy while chowing down on their neighbors dog.

>If I turned off the lights, would you bite?

I haven't seen a single bad thing being said about this movie and watched it awhile back because of that. I honestly thought it was a huge piece of shit, it almost feels like a big inside joke

Too obvious. The second added 'e' is enough.

It would be extremely infectious.

What is your opinion of a good zombie film? Let me guess, it's something deep, contemplative and somber in tone like 28 Days Later.

Let me tell you something; as someone with a fear of zombies ever since childhood, I don't have nightmares about sleepy English countrysides and spending time on the road with my adopted family of ragtag Londoners.

No, I have nightmares where I'm not able to shut the door because there are fingers and limbs stuck in the doorjamb, and the door is slowly being pushed open centimeter by centimeter and the people on the other side are screaming and I know that as soon as I stop pushing they are going to come pouring in, and it's no use anyway, because I'm cornered, and there's nowhere for me to run even if I could.

That's why Train to Busan is great.

Maybe calling a huge a piece of shit was too much but I didn't enjoy it like I thought I would. All the positive things I read about it made my expectations extremely high. I do like 28 Days Later though, even the originals like Return of the Living Dead and Night of the Living Dead

Maybe I'll give it another watch and not be so judgmental

Some of the scenes like when they are trying to close that small latch on the top of the door in the terminal (I think that's where that gif is from) and the escalator scene in pic related completely trigger all my instinctual fears of zombies. That primal feeling of fighting for every centimeter of your life. I kept holding my breath at so many little parts, even things like trying to close the bathroom stall door with their fingers in the way. The claustrophobia of the setting too; just a straight line with doors at intervals and zombies on both sides. It was almost methodical in how it managed to set up these scenes.

There were definitely parts in the movie that feel lighthearted and almost comical, but I felt like these balanced out the sheer intensity of some of the other scenes really nicely. There was some good symbolism too, although somewhat overwrought at times. You should definitely rewatch it and treat it more like a rollercoaster instead of something meditative.

I just watched it because a friend wanted to but I was glad I did

>not changing it to Gong Faw Yoo

Good but I didn't like the sappyness of it.

Why should we have to? I came to watch a movie, not read a book.

Memories of murder

This. It felt pretty cheesy at times and I really didn't like the whole HUUR FUCK THE UPPER CLASS AND BANKERS attitude one of the guy had towards the main guy

I thought most of it came across as incredibly charming. Imagine the same cheesiness in an American film or a film like Shawn of the Dead and it would be right at home. The socioeconomic messaging was a little heavy-handed, but I think that was more a result of the current political climate in South Korea, and those themes don't resonate the same way here.

God damn it the fucking subhuman piece of shit characters in this movie made me MAD.

It was good but felt like forever long

I thought it was okay but let's be honest here, it's basically a Korean World War Z.

It was medicore as fuck movie, only k-pop fans say otherwise.

Would've been better as a Japanese movie desu

>>>/reddit/

I posted this.

>disliking the characters meant to be disliked makes me reddit-tier

Nice one, user.

Japan has lost it, stop being a weeb dickrider

>guy filming gets eaten by zombies
>still managers to upload video to YouTube

Gook-tier intelligence showing it's full colors.

The isle

I hate the trope of "the cameraman is filming something right up until it kills him and never never stops thinking about his camera".

>still managers
>complains about gook intelligence

>photojournalists aren't that obsessed with getting the perfect shot

>if the cameraman speaks it's always some asinine faggot

Someone could have found the camera and uploaded it themselves.

I hate it more when the camera shakes/ they turn fucking away when something happens even more

Mythbusters did a zombie special where they broke down a steel reinforced barn door just by pushing on each other.

In the movie, there are several instances of a character holding a door closed with a single hand despite the huge zombie horde all collectively pushing on it.

Did they try holding the door shut themselves?

I thought it was good
I don't like horror movies these days because they don't do a good job of capturing tension anymore but this did it well enough that I enjoyed it.