Capeshit can't be ki-

>capeshit can't be ki-

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yxwzr-V-iXM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

yes yes we all know how Snyder is style over substance
he does know how to point a cg camera

I honestly can't tell if MoS and BvS are actually kino or if Zack Snyder tried too hard to make it kino.

*blocks your path*

Is this Mad Max?

>if Vin Diesel made a capeflick

It's kino

whoa

Also the priest from Man of Steel at Clark's funeral in batman vs Superman

Anyone else would prefer Green Lantern over Cyborg in Justice League? Cyborg is fucking lame.

Obviously.
Would you rather have some generic robot man, or someone that actually has superpowers?
granted, the ring is what gives him powers, but it's still more interesting than black Robocop.

hmmmm

Style over substance is a meaningless argument in the medium of film and also meaningless when Snyder has consistently been proven to use the image to tell his stories, as any competent filmmaker does. He's a geniune filmmaker in that sense. Using style to bring substance.

they're the definition of kino imo. but my definition of kino might differ than yours.

What vidya is this?

Arkham Apocalypse

>capeshit can't be kino
said no one ever

That's an interesting interpretation, but means nothing. His movies suck, no amount of vocabulary changes that.

So you have no argument to fall back on despite mocking the very art of film. Good job.

>Watchmen are pure kino
>MoS is pure kino
>BvS is pure kino
>his movies suck

really made me think

BvS is about perception. Perception of power. Perception of evil. Perception of good. Snyder masterfully utilizes his expertise in filmmaking by conveying that perception through the visuals. When Superman descends like an angel to save those in need, that is telling of the perception of those seeing Superman. When he descends on Lex shouting in anger, that gives you Lex's perception on Superman. When Superman stands above the Batmobile in complete dominance, that gives you Bruce's perception on Superman. It is a film that constantly conveys the state of its characters through its style. Very simple, very elegant very effective.

Flashpoint and Watchmen are the only kino made by DC.
Arguably, the only kino made by Marvel are The first 2 Iron Man, Winter Soldier, GoTG and, personally, I loved Ant-man.

When Bruce storms the warehouse that's the criminal's perception of Batman.

>GoTG
How the fuck? Iron Man I get but this just discredited your post.

Why do people like Iron Man? It has the shittiest villains in entire MCU and movies are fucking boring where almost nothing happens.

Look at this scene

youtube.com/watch?v=yxwzr-V-iXM

Listen to the dialouge. Listen to how well the music accompanies the action. Look at how well Favreau does his action by really giving Iron Man that sense of power he has. Even the humor is on point and fitting for Tony's character and the scene

Now compare that to any scene in the following MCU films. They're empty and completely lack the punch this scene has. I guess they don't want to make them too visceral in case the kiddies call for mummy again. And they also made Tony the fucking template for future MCU protagonists. That sucks. And retroactively cheapened IM1.

Yeah okay Iron-Man 1 I get, other than the execution of main villain it was pretty great, but Iron Man 2 was JUST and Iron Man 3 is probably worst MCU movie so far.

>Snyder is a master behind the camera
>He positions his shots so that the camera is looking from behind a character toward another character in such a way as to convey how that character we're close to sees the other character!

Wow. Film 101. Really fucking groundbreaking there, my man.

It is Film 101 but still common directors fault on. I mean just compare to any Marvel to see where this art is long forgotten.

He's style *and* substance. Just because your dumb ass is blind to it doesn't mean we all are.

lol
sure
SUEPRMAN IS JEZUS GUIZE!

I am afraid we won't get another taste of this. There are leaked photos of Flash's suit looking apocolyptic, but I can see it being. Suicide Squad taught me that Warner Brother's is OK with cutting an entire movie's worth of footage.

WB is fucking crazy. The only thing botched with BvS was the marketing. They forgot to pay off critics which they promptly remedied with WW.

>make a movie with an incoherent plot, shitty characters and bad CGI action scenes
>call it 2deep4u when someone critisises it

This scene was all last minute according to one of the stuntmen, so if you're wondering why the choreography in the long take looks crappy, that's why.

Still pretty amazing though especially considering how nearly flawless the Parademons looked.

Watching BvS now bums me out because of what a trainwreck Justice League will be.

>No Junkie XL
>Whedon finishing the film
>Zack's heart was never quite in it because of his family tragedy

Batfleck's main stuntdouble was running of an hour of sleep. If it looks off that's because he was barely conscious. I can't wait to hear his tales of being in Justice League.

>>No Junkie XL
>living in a world where this guy had to carry Hack Zimmer's boring ass

Yeah that's true, really enjoyable podcast that was.

>when plebs don't call a certain scene the "Martha Rescue"

what ps2 game is this from?

Will we see more of this future in JL or was it just a ten minute excuse not to include the Clark investigation scenes in BvS?

Watchmen was prolly the best contemporary DC movie I liked. Movie left me wanting more backstory everything.

Snyder said we would, but since critics control the medium I can see plans changing.

>MoS contains a 5 minute alternate history vision that motivates the protagonist
>BvS contains a 10 minute alternate history vision that motivates the protagonist

If anything the JL one will be 15 minutes going by trends

It took me 8 days to finish watching BvS
I don't how anybody could marathon this garbage

It depends if WB are sticking to Snyder's and Terrio's plans or not. I hope they don't do a 180 on JL. I want my capeshit Seven Samurai damn you.

If Snyder is out of the capeshit game after JL I look forward to what he does next.

Wait a fucking moment.

Flash, WW, Batman, Cyborg, Aquaman... that's 5.

+ Super, that's 6

GREEN LANTERN 7TH SAMURAI?!

It's an important scene.

Bat's motivation is explain really well in the movie, and that scene is part of it. He's seen good people turn evil (always, even himself is turning that way), criminals just keep coming no matter what he does. His legacy is nothing and he will not have mad a diference. His parents will have died for nothing. Bruce is old now. It's almost over for him, soon he won't be able to pull being Batman anymore.

Unless... he saves the world from a future evil Superman. He's seen what Kryptonians can do. He KNOWS Supes WILL turn evil someday (not because of the dream, but because of past experiences). Bruce can actually do soemthing that will really mater by taking Supes out before it's too late.

Of course, Bruce is turning nutso and shitting on all he stood as Batman, but unlike Lex he can't see how fucking nuts he's become. Yet.

The dream is a representation of Bruce's fears. It's also real, but I think Bruce doesn't know that at that point, he figures it out after Supes is dead and his talk with Lex in the jail (ding ding ding ding and all that).

this is pretty much the injustice universe,with a batman that kills and all being so fucking grim,i dont think they are changing the course.

Both. He's really trying too hard (he even has a *cross* fall on a little girl in the Batman opening of BVS ffs) but it's still kino. Not subtle, but a superhero movie doesn't have to be subtle. If it was a normal movie, it would be going too far, but it works in this case.

Doesn't necessarily mean they're doing 7. Notice that they changed "UNITE THE SEVEN" to "UNITE THE LEAGUE"?

OK, that's legit pottery

This is all I think of when I see that stupid fucking duster on batman.

>OMG COOL DREAM SEQUENCE, BATMAN DURING THE DAY WITH WESTERN COAT

It's all part of the plan. They use a motherbox to create Cyborg, so it ties in with the dream sequence and the JL movie.

Well there's the Green Lanterns movie in the works and I think awhile back Snyder said Green Lantern would be in Part 2, no way is Geoff Johns going to let his precious baby hang around the sidelines.

Maybe this time they'll "get" Hal Jordan

>(he even has a *cross* fall on a little girl in the Batman opening of BVS ffs)

Of all the over the top imagery you could have picked that one is pretty clearly unintentional.

this

>implying dusters don't look good

baka i bet you wear jeans

Ha yeah bro wearing clothing that blends in with the setting sure is stoopid *limps wrist*

Yeah it's definitely not just a dream. I think it's part giving the audience Bruce's deepest fears about Superman, part giving the audience something they can go back to years from now and pick up all the clues left in there for future films.

Why does batman need to layer up in the desert, when he already has a fucking cape? No duster required.

I know its a dream, but its retarded and totally unnecessary. I remember how smug snyder looked when they were behind the scenes discussing how the dc movies coming out were all his models.

>week after week the same posts are made in the same threads without fail
I need to stop coming here

It's intentional. The gods have "fallen". Religion is dead. Bruce loses faith. Pottery.

It ties in with people acting like Supes is a God and how Bruce and Lex are butthurt by it. And legless guy who wrote False God (or something) on the statue.

Thank you for so conclusively proving my point. That's not the message, dumbass, which you'd know already if you could read more than a couple of sentences at a time. You're truly a child of your age, where anything over 140 characters is perceived as a blog.

Do you think the Joker card on his gun is a gift from Harley Quinn? Batman's always had a soft spot for her. Would like too see a freedom fighting Harley in one of these Mad Max scenes.

I got Church of Supergirl feels when watching BvS.

I need to go read some Peter David again.

>Bruce can actually do soemthing that will really mater by taking Supes out before it's too late
And then some flying monster things appear out of nowhere and some dude that looks Mexican shows up on Bruce's screen to warn him about the future and we never learn who he is and why he shows up.
Bravo Snyder!
Yes, I know those are parademons and that's The Flash, but 95% of the people watching the movie have no clue, and that scene didn't make fucking sense in the context of the movie at all.

It's a kill. Like people who used to carve an indentation on their buttrifle for each kill.

But it's Joker, so it's a more important kill and worthy of a full display of a playing card.

>It's a Snyder mimics a pre-existing work of art episode

I didn't remember who Darkseid was (haven't watched Timm's cartoons since they aired) and I understood the implications of the scene fine.

Well excuse me but why do you care about normies, why does DCEU have to be like MCU where everymovie is EXACTLY FUCKING SAME only with reskinned environment and hero and villain.

Snyder makes movie for comic book lovers.

Yes, we all got the implications of Superman turning evil, but that goes the fuck away when the demons come out of fucking nowhere and then that guy that looks nothing like The Flash pops up from Bruce's computer.

The film is implying a post-apocalyptic alien invasion. There was nothing complicated or confusing about that. People are smarter than you are. They understand that nightmares are supposed to be surreal.

It did make sense.

Did I come too soon? The files on Lex's computer with 'Mexican' guy on them.

It's obvious to anyone with a working brain. I didn't know anything about DC and I got it.

Do you also think people didn't know who Wonder Woman was? After all, they never say the words Wonder Woman in the movie at all.

Because it's a 250 million dollar movie aimed at a general audience. That's why Snyder's film are a failure, because they break away from the comic book traditions enough to drive comic fans off, and they reference obscure comic book lore that make general audiences confused.
He makes movies for nobody but a handfull of Sup Forums autists.

POTTERY

MARVELDRONES BTFO TONY STARK IS FINISHED

>but that goes the fuck away when the demons come out of fucking nowhere and then that guy that looks nothing like The Flash pops up from Bruce's computer.
Don't see how. It's clear that Superman is working alongside an alien threat. I don't need to know at that moment who the exactly that threat is. The weird symbols, fire shooting in the sky, and aliens intrigued me.

>his movies aren't dumb enough for me
And this is the point where you need to stop writing and come up with a better argument than to indirectly insult yourself.

Yeah, but what the fuck does that have to do with the current plot that's developing in the movie? He just interrupted the film to include a teaser for a future movie. That's fucking garbage filmmaking.
And people certainly are smarter than me. Most of them didn't pay to watch this piece of shit.

See

Watch the fucking movie. ALL is hinted at or explained. Lex tells Batman that something out there took notice of earth (that explains the parademons/aliens whatever). Bruce says he has a feeling they need to unite all the Metas, the guy comes out and tells Bruce "Did I come too soon?", etc.

Not everything needs to be spelled out for the idiots.

>be trained by Marvel to expect teases of future films in my superhero movies
>act TRIGGERED when BvS does it in the actual movie instead of a disconnected credit sequence
You people are so god damn phony.

Marlel is so butthurt lol

>Did I come too soon? The files on Lex's computer with 'Mexican' guy on them.
But in the files he looks nothing like he does in Bruce's vision, and most people didn't even realize that he was supposed to be the same.

Wonder Woman had a proper character introduction, so we knew who she was and what she was doing when she showed up.
The Flash only got a half baked attempt at teasing an extended universe that were completely out of place in the movie, and that adds nothing to it.

Except the aliens also attack Superman's minions, so we don't know Superman is

So you want every movie made in the same cookie-cutter mold?

Fuck. You. You're what's wrong with Hollywood these days.

I feel actual hate for you right now. Not anger. Not annoyance. True hate.

*working with them

looks like X-Men Apocalypse

You're either really dumb or just a DC hater.

I hope you're a DC hater.

Nope, I want movies well done and not cluttered with shit that's meant to work as trailers for next movies. Just tell a fucking story and if it's good, I'll watch the next one. You know, like WW did.
That's why I don't even bother watching Marvel movies, and I thought BvS was gonna be above that, but it was the same shit. And even worse, because it didn't even appeal to a general audience and put the actual existence of those future movies in doubt.
Snyder, as a director, is a failure from every single perspective. If WW showed anything, is that he's way better at being a producer and he should leave people with storytelling abilities do the actual storytelling.

>generic sci-fi shot that could be from fucking any blockbuster in the last decade
>kino!!!!!!!!!
kill urself lol

>Wonder Woman had a proper character introduction, so we knew who she was and what she was doing when she showed up.

That's bullcrap, apart from knowing beforehand that Gal Gadot is playing Diana we don't know shit about her when she shows up at Lex's party, even worse is that Clark actually picks up on something strange going on with Bruce when he overhears him and Alfred talking but we get no such scene for Diana, she just grabs Bruce's device and drives off. there's no connective tissue there at all.

>I don't watch Marvel
>It's the same shit
You are so transparent

I love DC, but most of all, I love well made movies that don't need an army of autists on the internet to defend it in order to stand on its own.

>and most people didn't even realize that he was supposed to be the same.

Wrong.

Anyway, see
and
If you still don't get it after these posts you obviously didn't res, I... don't want to know about it. Do not respond to me again.

Somebody post that video where the guy "analyzes" Man of Steel by saying krypton is a penis and superman is sperm. It was peak Snyderfag.

WW is just generic Hollywood garbage. It's the same as the new Power Rangers movie. It's all the same fucking movie. It's just BS2 Formula without any author touches.

what are those fires