Can we all agree that Apocalypse Now is the pinnacle of war film genre?

Can we all agree that Apocalypse Now is the pinnacle of war film genre?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=f96p-IhcZhQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Well, given that I've only seen a small fraction of all the war films ever made, I can't say that. But it's certainly one of the greatest films I've ever seen.

>>>/reddit/

amirite fellow 4channers?

>Full Metal Jacket
>Paths of Glory
>Platoon
>Saving Private Ryan
>Grave of the Fireflies
>The Pianist

No it's not. Marlon Brando's ham acting saw to that. And fuck the redux and the while lot of nothing it adds to an already long movie,

is this bait?

I haven't seen it

The finest war film of all time.

The scene where Kilgore says "Someday, this war is gonna end..." sends a chill down my spine. The look on his face.

marlon brando being fat was kino

It's my favorite film of all time, but I wouldn't consider it the best war film. Not really a story about war, but about the evil and madness that comes with it.

>The Pianist
GET THE FUCK OUTTA HERE!

*pinnacle of film

I wouldn't call it a "War Movie" in the same sense as Saving Private Ryan, Platoon, or Full Metal Jacket.

Apocalypse Now and Come And See.

Only two of those that are even watchable are Platoon(which has aged pretty poorly in all honesty) and FMJ.

>m-muh ebul natzis

late coppola > early coppola

>to end all wars
>shindlers list

>he thinks Apocalypse Now is about war

Only two of those are in the same league as Apocalypse Now and you didn't even list Das Boot

(you) are a fucking a pleb

Shut up, Hans.

Not if Verhoven gets The Forgotten Soldier off the ground.

so nah, it works as a movie about "the journey into the heart of self/consciousness/darkness", but Stalker has it beat in that genre.

These guys have the right idea

Come And See obviously has an element of propaganda to it but real-life scenarios such as the ones presented in the film(and much worse ones as well) have been documented as happening on quite a few occasions and happening almost routinely in certain places where the war was waged.

I could never wrap my head around how some people could praise or whitewash Nazi Germany or their allies or the ideology which fueled it all and which was quite explicit and open about its inherent violence and brutality, while simultaneously shitting their pants in indignation whenever someone dares to even suggest that the Nazis and their allies ever even thought about committing war crimes and butchering people.

Apocalypse Now is the ultimate war movie.

All other war movies might have a right to exist for providing historic context to specific wars but Apocalypse Now is the one to rule the genre as a whole.

youtube.com/watch?v=f96p-IhcZhQ

Apocalypse Now, Come and See, and Platoon are my top.

Platoon is a masterful film, regardless of what people say