First Knight of Cups and now this

first Knight of Cups and now this

and with so many famous actors, are you fucking kidding me

what the hell is wrong with him? who the fuck likes this pretentious crap?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hitchens's_razor
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I do. Although Song to Song wasn't nearly as great as Knight of Cups.

people that appreciate emotion and understand how memories relate to them.

malick is the only director to represent the way life is recalled faithfully.

>malick is the only director to represent the way life is recalled faithfully

"no"
love STS and KOC but he's not the only one

good argument, good evidence presented

It's not all bad.

>here to spoonfeed you

no, that ain't me. watch more films.

good evidence presented, near flawless argument, fantastic iq

I'm gonna describe a scene, you tell me which Malick movie it's from.

>lead actress is in the bedroom
>she's being very playful, playing tag or something
>the camera is handheld, makes it look like the viewer is standing in the room with her
>the camera chases her around the room, as she gaily laughs and smiles
>the actress flops on the bed and wraps herself in sheets
>the lead actor enters the shot and starts tickling her
>they both laugh and smile

Here's a hint it's literally all of them.

doesn't happen in ttol
>says thing happens
>thing doesn't happen
low iq detected

The protagonist in TToL didn't have any tickle figts with his mother?

>the lead actor

once again, low iq

The majority of the story took place during childhood. Sean Penn was an auxiliary actor.

watch more films

goddamn boy you've got a low iq

top notch argument, brilliant evidence, hell you've convinced me, 10/10 very high iq

It's MOTY tho

Geez Terry, I know it must suck that nobody likes a movie you spent over a decade on, but maybe things might have turned out differently if you didn't just remake the same movie four times in a row.

>only argument is to accuse me of being the filmmaker himself
holy low iq batman

At least we got to find out the origin of that one Natalie Portman gif. It made her look crazy, but ti turns out it was just for a movie.

I hope that the next one will be good again. what do you think?

>The Austrian Franz Jägerstätter, a conscientious objector, refuses to fight for the Nazis in World War II.

>guy refuses to fight with nazis
>gets executed
>end of film

It's going to be 90% shots of grass so absolute kino

thin red line?

Fpbp

The great characterization increased the emotion of the film, but at the same time the more focussed narrative took away from the ethereal experience that KoC was able to achieve.

what the fuck was this movie about?

fuck you malick

>no Lubezki
It's going to be great

You can either move from person to person, relationship to relationship or you can be with your beloved and move from song to song.

>Malick returning to grasskino
yasss

>WWII movie

this guy lack creativity, or he is a full blown liberal

ahahahhahahahahahahahahahaha

>it's a character frolics in grass malick movie

oh wait that's all of them

>Malick
>liberal
His last three fiction films have been mostly about how women are retarded whores

...during the magic hour

>who the fuck likes this pretentious crap?

Have you seen the films? It captures the dreams of all deluded millenials. That`s why is successful.

im a millennial and my dream is for malick to stop making movies

Sometimes you feel like something other than hot dogs or hamburger.

>I go on Sup Forums for structured critical arguments!
*tips fedora and scratches neckbeard*

The flow of the camera in Malick's films always astounds me but I felt like the composition in Song to Song was far better than in his other movies.

Excuse my autism

Song to Song?
More like Ass to Ass.

w-what is this picture trying to show me?

I love KoC but I can't sit through it without falling asleep, though I believe this is by design. Watch first 10 minutes of SoS, dunno, not that griping but I believe it has stuff to say.

But anyway is Mallick that pretentious? He takes pretty actors, images, stories from bible, tarot cards and applies Heidegger to them.

And this is bad how?

I feel like people hate Mallick because they want their whole lives to be changed if they sat through a "nothing happens" movie while his movies are simple reminders of what matters and what should one focus upon.
Looks neat. Buddy, do you know a thing or two about composition? Got any sources? I'm learning to paint and everybody talks about how this or that shape is beautiful yet I can't find what shapes are considered beautiful and what aren't.

This movie will also have a linear narrative so it will be probably get high ratings from critics and be loved by normies. Not trying to sound patronising, it's good that Malick returns to a linear structure

This movie was aimed at the young audience in their teens and twenties that glamorize fame and the party life. Showing them that there are more to life then trying to be famous, having lots of sex and and shit like that.

Showing that in the end family life and work makes for a more meaningful life and its wiser to aim at that rather then to want to be famous and party it up with sex and fakery.

I couldnt even finish KoC but i loved Song to Song, really great movie yet i felt that it was supposed to be longer. I would like to see the first 8 hour cut.

teens don't give a flying fuck about terence malick and people in their twenties barely care either

his movies are for 50 year old women

i am 22 male and i love them
maybe you're just a retard?

Post more compositions with Neta

is this nat portman?
why do her boobs look so fucking good and her face so fucking old

She's in the middle because they both want her. Fassbender on top because he thinks he's better than everyone else, Goose is looking up to his success

BRAVO MALICK

i don't watch herschlag flicks
she's too full of herself

congrats you have terrible taste, now go jerk off to people frolicking in fields of grass lol

i would fill her of myself if you know what i mean

Because mommy

ok so youre a retard
ty

>filename

M-MOMMY :3

What a cute autistic boy.

>this is what Malickfags ACTUALLY believe

he wanted to make a Che Guevarra biopic at one point cucko

that doesn't mean he looked up to him or likes him though.

I'm a Malickhetero so go fuck yourself

the fact that he's a well known democrat voter says otherwise

ok well i dont see how any of that matters if he's not directly inserting his political views into his movies, which as far as i can tell hes really not

Here's a question for you guys. Do you think To the Wonder will be re-evaluated in the future? I remember being very lukewarm towards it because it felt like Malick is parodying himself.

However, after quite some time I still remember the emotions of certain scenes that I felt when watching it. I understood the couple's joy, sadness, frustration and anger. There's something about Malick's movies that manages to affect me. Maybe it's the way he lets the camera linger on his subject or it's his very deep connection with nature (Malick is the only director that shoots a battle scene and cut it to a small animal struggling with it's own survival surrounded by violence made by.humans).

What do you guys think?

Hitchen's Razor, kiddo ;)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hitchens's_razor

No he isnt, but the fact that he wanted to make a Che Guevarra biopic at some point proves that he is interested in the man

A "right-winger" would hardly be interested in making a film about a figure that doesnt share some of his personal convictions

i thought it was a great film personally. the part where his wife went and booped that other guy was the first time i felt genuinely cucked watching a movie in a long time.

>he's not a beautiful model who frolics in grass during the golden hour
Sad!

How do you know he wasn't going to villainize him?

It will come to be regarded as the supreme paean to romantic and divine love.

What's up with everyone loving Knight of Cups? I remember when it first came out and everyone saying it was Terry's work. Why do so many people like it?

I personally though To the Wonder and Song to Song were much better.

They became Rick

it's just like STS or TTW but:

>Bale is a much more likable actor/person than Affleck or Gosling
>the story is the most autobiographical concentrating on one single male protagonist where females play a much less relevant role so it's more relatable
>the soundtrack and the use of it is the best of the 3
>it has the least amount of 'plot', it's just a guy wondering and perhaps trying to find some relief from living

Good post!

What about this:

Gossling is at the bottom and they are both higher then him signaling the way he values them. At the top is Fassbender, the man that represents fame,fortune and the music business. He is at the top here because he is what both of them want. He represents the thing both of them value highest.

The chick is one step above goosling, he wants her to but he wants fame more.

"something in-between"
In the middle of the picture there is a column. The column is cloesest thing to the camera, in the middle of the shot, taking up a lot of attention. It is between the actors. Does this represent a barrier between them?

I am just dropping random thoughts i am a pleb

Personally I like how the movie stages itself with the story of the knight and the pearl and the pilgrim's progress. It had this ethereal quality that made the scenes feel like memories but also dreams with the intent of unfurling some revelation to him. The scene with him at the nightclub watching the dancer in the air is just otherwordly. I'm warming up to TTW which also has some great scenes but I was just more emotionally affected by KoC.

Anyone else think it would be cool if he made a superhero movie or something? Not at all like the marvel movies or anything like that, but just superman shot / made like the tree of life or something.

and with minial action and special affects. more about clark kent's personal life while he isn't in costume.

It would be cool, but not nearly as amazing as the stuff he's been making.

>Bale is a much more likable actor/person than Affleck or Gosling
Really? I always hated Bale. He always looks emotionless on camera.

Maybe I don't get the hype around Knight of Cups just because I don't like Bale. Idk.

MORE LIKE KING OF KEKS

new fag

this was meant for

shut the fuck up C U C K

TTW: 9/10
KoC: 8/10
for me. TTW was just magical, my favorite film by Malick. KoC was really close though, the main problems I have with it is that it was too

"autobiographical", basically the same plot with tree of life. also it was too short in my opinion, felt like it was missing 20 minutes or something

That's called being an auteur, idiot.

“Slower. It’s A Love Story.”

sums up the movie flawlessly. im guessing > 75% of this thread consists of kissless handholdless (perma)virgins

I'm guessing you kissed a girl in middle school and now think you're better than most of Sup Forums even though you've had no action since then.

why are terry's recent films so lewd

hahhhahaha SHOOK

don't' worry, buddy. no need to watch this movie - it will go over your head. maybe try to revisit if you and a woman ever have feelings for one another

I'm a kissless handholdless (perma)virgin and I loved the movie

hey man if you're a filmmaker and you have an opportunity to get young hot women naked on camera why wouldn't you?

Yeah but he's only gone lewd after Tree of Life

you're pathetic. I can tell just by the way you talk online that you've had only one short relationship with a woman at most.

nigga who do you think malick's main audience is? no offense but "normies" probably hate his movies

>tfw ill never know what this feels like, let alone with one woman
ye haha i hate myself