Was it kino? Or is it simply carried by Shakespeare's storytelling and the good yet gimmicky cinematography?

Was it kino? Or is it simply carried by Shakespeare's storytelling and the good yet gimmicky cinematography?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3_47EmTnKQA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It was kino, you plebian.

I am about to rewatch it because it has a good chance for a top 10 but I am trying to see different approaches so I don't appreciate it simply by the visual style and the plot.

Its pretty kino. The visual style and plot are almost all that really matters in the movie, being Shakespeare. They included enough of the source dialogue to convey the plot correctly and its mixed quite well with the soundtrack.
I was suprised it wasnt talked about much.

It's really sparse and stark and I think that works; it's probably the leanest version I've ever seen
Absolutely love the medieval Scottish setting, always nice to stick to the roots
The casting was exceptional all round, particularly liked Banquo and the Witches
Fassbender was perfect, not really sure about Cotilliard, although I feel she was still better than Portman would have been (she was the original choice)
The Macduffs really stand out as well
Soundtrack is great
Bizarrely enough, this was made by essentially the same team who then did the Assassin's Creed stinker

Kino from the outside, raping original material from the inside

7/10 see me after class

It was garbage. You can't make a movie only using pretty cinematography. And there's a reason why a Shakespeare play has to be adapted for cinema. You can't make actirs read these awkward incomprehensible talk

>incomprehensible

And then there was pleb.

Captivating desu

8/10

What film is this

Go watch Branagh's Hamlet or Henry V and shut the fuck up.

Macbeth

McBethâ„¢

It's ok. Nice filters.

>Macbeth with Fassbender and paddy
>2 years ago

How the fuck did I not hear of this

you're a newfag that's how, it had threads constantly before it was released

It was barely advertised at the time, pretty good tho definitely worth a watch.

Disagree, there were some threads but it wasnt a big deal.

Branagh's Hamlet is probably in my top 10 favorite movies of all time. Great cinematography, great acting and great sets.

It's a shitty adaptation aimed at vidya crowd.

Can confirm.
I tried to make threads a few times. They ended up as this one did pretty much.

The newest epic youtubers, twitter comments, and capeshit requires much less attention and thought.

>aimed at vidya crowd

The only mis-step near that direction is the one webm you see in this thread, which is entirely ruined because the delivery of the dialogue and music are symbiotic and necessary to properly convey the feeling.

Vidya plebians would get bored and start playing angry birds or some such shit.

>Vidya plebians would get bored and start playing angry birds or some such shit.
>6.7 on imdb
Checks out

It was. You can't say the cinematography was merely a gimmick when it's that fucking amazing. The acting was good and Fassbender's delivery of some lines is great, I like that he is often very contemplating, stoic and brooding rather than angry, narcissistic and hateful like Macbeth often seems in other adaptations. His resignation to defeat and death in the last few scenes makes it my favourite portrayal of Macbeth.

Also the soundtrack is great youtube.com/watch?v=3_47EmTnKQA

Same to be honest, would love to see it a cinema on 70mm but doubt that will ever happen.
Yeah definitely remember a few threads about it at the time.

>The opening scene
>The internal dialogue contemplating the murder of Duncan
>The murder dialogue
>Funeral of Duncan/Crowning of Macbeth
>Vision of the weird sisters
>The scene after the death of Lady Macbeth

These scenes are absolute, indisputable Kino. Cinematography, dialogue and musical score of the highest degree.

>Is it a good movie, or is it just a good story told with good visuals?

What?

We must go deeper

>tfw

you started off strong but you fucked at up at the 'talk' talk

I watched it with my cousin whom is not even a pleb but even beneath that, all he's capable of watching is capeshit and transformers, his fiancee was also with us, I loved the mood set by the film, the atmosphere and the actors' delivery but the cousin obviously did not get a thing, complained about the convoluted language which he simply could not understand (we're all non-english although I studied in the uk), the pacing and the characters; it was misery for him, his fiancee probably did not understand massive amounts of the dialogue either, although unlike the cousin she has a higher education so I imagine she managed to glimpse the true kino that the film was

complaining about the use of Shakespearean in movies because hurrrr my accessible medium is a glaring example of a subhuman taste

what did you think of Parker's Othello?

I can see why you came up with the comparison but I assume you're basing it on a screenshot and a webm, since the actual scene has an entirely different tone from what it might initially imply

don't get me wrong I loved the cinematography, it worked perfectly with the superb score and mise en scene (I know, meme phrase) but I imagine some would see it as overdone or too flashy, we don't usually expect THAT much pomposity from Shakespeare

>film consists of plot and visuals
please don't say this

WTF? Is the whole movie shot in that disgusting rust colored filter? Whats up with the chunky air? How many Matrix inspired fight scenes are there?This looks piss poor in my opinion.

Yeah man that one still frame without context looks like shit and makes no sense, wtf?!

No. Theres a forest fire in the daylight in that are. There are no matrix inspired fight scene .