Can somebody please explain why this cunt's films are so acclaimed?

Seriously, nearly every film of his is about his getting tons of tang, and complaining in a jew accent "Oooowwww relationships are vewy difficult! I don't like myself as a person. New York/Los Angeles is such traash". THe only passable film of his is Annie Hall.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZklxQ4PP7Y8
youtu.be/890IL8_neVY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

who?

they're funny

if you can't appreciate good scripts and dialogue like in Manhatten, then stick to your capeshit pleb

jew

I doubt you've seen any beyond that. He's one of the greats, an American amalgam of the pathos of formalism of Bergman, Fellini, along with his idiosyncratic humor. Yes, many of his films are about life and love because, believe it or not, that's a pretty big deal. Otherwise he traverses multiple genres and aesthetics, thrillers, satire/parody, music films. Some dark and serious, others light and irreverent. His is a unique auteur voice, as he writes them all (on loose leaf, literaly cutting and pasting). He's gotten some of the best performances out of his actors, uses music expertly, understands the fleeting, maudlin nature of love and/or infatuation, has perfect comic timing and wit. There's a lot to love, if you have good taste.

Nearly every one of his films is of him complaining about himself, the place he lives, his family, or his girlfriend for two hours, and nothing else.

It's easier to get out of a child abuse scandal if you work for the newspapers which heavily praise your work in their reviews

>New York/Los Angeles is such traash

If you think his movies ever seriously suggest NY is trash then you've really not been paying attention.

I like that one movie about a Jewish couple in New York

If thats all you get out of them how the fuck is that woody's fault?
>Inb4 ur a butblasted female who cant into woodykino.

he's an atheist

Because they were different, charming, and talked about issues from a perspective you hadn't heard before. Also sometimes he just makes good movies, though his stinkers outweigh them probably

Still has kike blood. Day of the rope soon cuck. Where my PEDEs at?

Jew is an ethnicity, too, retard.

Which are the evil ones?

and it's still better than you complaining about his movies on Sup Forums

>think of teh childruuuunnnns!!!!!!!1111!

mmm mommy feets

>not enough poopy jokes for the american

lmao

All of them.

Woody Allen has the honor of having made a film which contains my favorite line: I've forgotten my mantra

>He's one of the greats
Doesn't have a single film on Sight and Sound. Irrelevant

Woody Allen is American.

>he hasn't seen Bananas

>Y DESE MOVIEZ SO ACCLAIMED?
>BTW MY TOP 10 IS ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL SCI FI AND CRIME DRAMA MADE AFTER 1990 BUT I SWEAR IT'S A COINCIDENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fuck off you retarded plebs.

Hey guys, I'm trying to remember the name of a movie by Woody Allen. It's about a neurotic guy that has a relationship with a quirky girl. The soundtrack is filled with jazz music. Does anyone know?

Hello, Reddit

Antz

Time to leave reddit. Sup Forums hates Woody Allen.

And my favorite films are

Intolerance
une femme a passé rené jayet
The Crazy Ray
The Kid
Bird of Paradise
The Crowd
It's a Gift
Port of Shadows
Song for Bernadette

He's just brillian, amazing director, subtle scenes yet so full of meaning, heart, etc. Reaaally good writing.

I must say that for me its dificult to see 2 of his movies on a roll. his main characters are always... the same (but they fit perfectly in his film btw)

Thats why for me Allen's 10/10 movies are the ones without this characters, Match Point (my fv), Interiors, Midnight in Paris.

If he's so good how come he doesn't have a single criterion release

Match Point

My favorites of his are Play it Again Sam, Annie Hall and Purple Rose of Cairo. Anybody else think these are his best?

Betas and women love him since all he talks about is relationships

Fast and the Furious

Or Sleeper.

Most of his movies before Annie hall are funny. After he won the Oscar he became le great artist woody Allen and it all went downhill. Midnight in Paris was aight though

Pseuds love him because he makes them feel smart. The same people watch 5 minute "educational" videos on youtube thinking they are learning something when in reality they forget all the information presented to them in a matter of seconds

>all this projection

wew

oddly there is no cuckolding with him, he is probably racist

That's pretty cool then, might have to check him out after all

It is this
Clueless fuck

Not that user, but while he's an ethnic jew, he's much more steeped in existentialism than any sort of religious dogma. Implying you care.

shill

Celebrity was pretty decent.

The films where he is the main lead suck.

It doesn't matter what he believes. It's due to the nepotism in hollywood of being a jew. You're totally obfuscating the point.

also why do you defend a guy that literally groomed, raped, then married his adopted daughter? Get a fucking hold of yourself.

I just remembered that movie with the guy who fucked the pie in american pie and woody allen as some college professor.

I think it might be in my top ten worst movies of all time.

I couldn't care less if all his work revolves around those topics, which are bast to explore. It's like Scorsese being mostly about criminal biography. Maybe it's just not your cup of tea op.

Also this
youtube.com/watch?v=ZklxQ4PP7Y8

>nepotism

You clueless, ineffectual chump. He was a child prodigy. He was writing for Sid Caesar in his teens. His talent and work ethic got him to where he is, not 'm-muh jews!'

None of that is true, samefag. Plus you're conflating two separate allegations, as if you care.

Zelig

bump wtf

Good scripts/dialogue

Hes not over the top like a lot of films you see nowadays, Very comfy films

Loved midnight in paris. Very comfy movie to watch

I wonder who could be behind this post.

You're probably too much of a brainlet to understand his references. I've made the mistake of trying to get morons into Woody Allen and it doesn't work.

>Good scripts/dialogue
>Hes not over the top like a lot of films you see nowadays, Very comfy films

this, 80s period like crimes and misdemeanors and hannah and her sisters is very comfy

Zelig is pure kino

I like how in his later films his love interests are always young attractive women.

>PEDE
This is the french word for "faggot", it's short for "pederast".

Like which? He hasn't starred in his films in some time, nor had a love interest.

They have a very open-ended structure, I love that he can just place an architectural tour of New York in the center of HAHS. The notion of "Character first" works well for him. In spite of all their complaints, I think his characters enjoy their lives and their preoccupations.

youtu.be/890IL8_neVY

He's also given us some classic reaction images