What was Homers best moment as a father in the golden era?

What was Homers best moment as a father in the golden era?

You know moments when he acted like a father and not just a fat idiot

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/x2mS3uDqQL4
youtube.com/watch?v=sOyy6NzNQYE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

do it for her

This was a great moment, but an expected post
Not OP but I'm hoping we can just look further into Homer being a great father. I love the trope of a bumbling dad actually loving his family and shit

When he was a robot so Bart would win

youtu.be/x2mS3uDqQL4

If anyone says otherwise between this and giving up his blimp, they're wrong.

This

Melts my heart every time

I like when Homer does his best with Lisa's project when Marge is possessed by Gamblor.

banning bart from seeing the itchy and scratchy movie which caused bart to become supreme court justice

To be honest the 'moments' aren't that interesting, and apart from "Do it for her" and teaching Bart stuff because he thinks he's going to die they come across as quite corny. Stuff like pretending to be a monkey or a pony is appropriate to comfort an 8 year old but it's not too funny

Not sure if anyone here watches the new stuff, are they still portrayed as poor? A lot of Homer's best fathering was forced out of him only having so much money

youtube.com/watch?v=sOyy6NzNQYE
>i'm on the biggest roll of my life

When Bart turned him into a Jack-in-the-box.
Oh wait.

the end of the ep where lisa becomes vegetarian

When he gave up his blimp ride for Lisa's entry fee into a beauty pageant

When he took Bart to Chuck's Fuck and Suck to lose his virginity.

Yeah, they're still poor.

Current Simpsons is no golden age material but it's back to being pretty good. The Halloween episode where Homer and Lisa get trapped in the house was great.

When he to the feed and seed store to start a farm with his family.

that episode was 10 years ago

The blimp thing was stupid. Just take out a loan for a few hundred bucks, you dont have to sell your ticket. We know he's smart enough to do this because he did it in another episode.

CHIEF justice mind you

Homer can't get a loan, he can't even write a check under his real name or his many aliases

See I like how you say there portrayed poor then they had that Grimes episodes and he pretty much mocks the fact that they're not as poor as they think.

this was a watershed moment in the series, imo

This is now a Simpsons thread

Working at the Kwik-E-Mart to pay for Lisa's pony

When he fucked the baby