What happened to movies about manly men doing manly things, like Predator?

What happened to movies about manly men doing manly things, like Predator?
Too masculine and creative for the present Hollywood?

Because there are more homosexuals than ever and women are starting to find feminine men attractive.

Manly men movies won't sell.

Manly men get dubs

>Because there are more homosexuals than ever
That's precisely why we need more manly man movies, because not making them is homophobic and excludes homosexuals from the movie industry.

Nothing
You just don't have people telling you what to watch as you're supposed to be the manchild telling people in 20 or so years what "manly" reddit flicks they should see made during this time

There was a new Mad Max movie just recently, since you're posting Fist of the North Star.

But in this day and age it's the androgynous twinks that get more recognition in the fag community.

I figure it's the same as in pro wrestling. The age of roided-up hyper-macho monsters who half-believed that they actually were their characters and did real-life crazy shit gave way to the age of... well, just plain actors. It was inevitable. The old-school monsters gave fantastic entertainment to others, but it was rough on their bodies.

That wasn't a manly man movies.
It was mostly about women fucking up and making a man do their work for them.

I'm talking strictly manly man movies that radiate masculinity out of the screen every minute.

They're still being made but they changed the formula and are now known as capeshit

13 hours came out last year though, Sup Forumseddit

John Wick kind of fits the bill.
Hell or High Water had some masculinity too.

Any of Seagal's recent kinos.

Capeshit is not manly.
Also Capeshit is severely lacking in muscles from both women and men, and has too much emotional dramatization.
Manly man movies only allow rage and desperation in its various forms as the sole emotional input and output.

The annoying thing is that capeshit is a more restrictive formula. The old formula was basically "muscled, tough, smart dude turns himself into a one-man army in order to fight the Bad Guys." The new formula is similar, except now the hero also has to be a comic book superhero.

John Wick

A man who shits in his pants isn't masculine.

Also, protectiveness, "blood brother"-type friendship, and mentor-student affection.

Fast and Furious is still going strong.

never said i liked it, but its the closest you're going to get to manly movies in today's political climate

We need A FUCKING SEQUEL

you first gotta have an actor who can pull that type of stuff off, like blacknigger

And when the fuck will anime become manly again?
I'm sick of "cute girls doing cute things"

The jojo anime is incredibly popular, maybe manliness will make a comeback

China is bringing that shit back with Xianxia and Wuxia.
Xianxia novels are basically Dragon Ball Z,
except you increase destruction about 10 times,
you increase deaths, you increase aggression,
you increase blood and gore about 5 times,
and you set up protagonists who are ruthless tyrants and conquerors compared to Goku.

Your picture is fairy shit kiddo

Which is hard, since Schwarzenegger brought to movies that real-life confidence he had from working like a beast and almost always being the most jacked dude in any given room, plus his hard-core desire to become the most successful actor in the world.

>Hiatus again
Truly the fanbase that suffered the most

exactly, him and stallone were probably the only ones who were convincing enough
kirk douglas is an older example

Has anyone noticed how even black actors are getting pussified by Hollywood.
Used to be good lucking masculine black actors with some charisma and great sense of humor back in the 70's, 80's, 90's;
now they all look ugly, faggy, and completely uncharismatic like that Boyega or whatever in Star Wars.

>Hurr, I'm so le badass and moralfag, and I kill the bad guys in "ironic" ways with my epic reddit finger pokes.
It takes a special kind of retard to enjoy this dreck.

Yes, I have also noticed this

Every fucking gym in existence has at least 2 guys who look like pic related.
Every single one, no exceptions.
Accounting the tens of thousands of gyms in USA,
it's fucking impossible that among all those roid machines there is no talent or charismatic potential.
Simply impossible without blindness for talent-spotting being present.

How many times did you cry during your first watch of this anime?

Must've been like 7 times for me at least

Yep. I third this observation. Finn reminded me in some ways of minstrel show blackface characters.

see

Cont. Although who knows, maybe that was just him being a bad actor.

Hmm. You have a point. Maybe it's just the sensitivity our times have toward the idea of a vigilante turning himself into a one-man army or joining with a small team to launch an assault on some other group.

John Wick
Fast and the Furious franchise
Taken
The Expendables
James Bond franchise
Wolverine movies
Whatever the Rock is in
etc...

There still there but the majority suck and Hollywood likes to follow trends. The current trend is capeshit, cinematic universes, old tv shows made into comedic moives, live action disney and so on and on.

Well he did wage a war against the police,
so Americans might actually welcome it again
with enthusiasm.

@84254102
>Having to (you) yourself since nobody takes your "fresh out of Sup Forums bait"

Yet at the same time, organized military forces get sucked off by Hollywood more than at any time since the 50s. Muh American Sniper... muh zero dark thirty... In the great 80s flicks, usually some of the government guys are corrupt and/or incompetent. The hero going lone-wolf is a classic theme.
That said, in reality unlike in movies, it usually is better to avoid having people take justice into their own hands. To that extent, the 80s action classics are fantastical.

>some Hollywood writers are making a script for Commando
>they are literally going into CoD kiddie mode while writing this script, and decide to add aliens for shits and giggles
>script gets scrapped but revived again as a movie called Predator
>becomes one of the most iconic movies of all time

Maybe Hollywood should get 12 year olds who play too much CoD and HALO to write shit.
I'm not even joking, it might actually result in more creativity than Hollywood has dispensed in the past decade in sum.

>tumblr shit
No fucking surprise you absolute numale

I can already tell you play videogames and have an ebin meme image as your steam avatar

I'd like to think that Americans will always be up for waging a war against police as long as it's clear that the police drew first blood.

I literally cried out loud like a bitch for this.

>some buffed up war veteran went back home
>he feels betrayed by his country, by the cowardice of the deserting people towards their own in the war itself, the criminal world take advantage of it all
>his loved one is shot dead by a stray police bullet in a shootout between the police and some gangsters and shit, while also witnessing neighbors being shot by gangsters
>he finally loses it and decides to wage war against both the police and gangsters, he doesn't know any better
>starts setting them up against each other and killing both sides Rambo style while picking up the money from the remains in order to bail the country and restart his life away from Humanity
Don't know how it would continue from here, but does this count?

>Because there are more homosexuals than ever and women are starting to find feminine men attractive

hello Pol

estrogen in waters makes men look more feminine, even Eastwood sperm

better nutrition, less stress, and better sun protection seems like a more probable cause

That could work. Could be a thriller, an action movie, or a tragedy depending on how justified the guy's actions were and what tone the movie took.

homosexuals have been furiously masturbating to the sweaty beefcake kinos of schwarzenegger and stallone since the 80ies.

they're doing a TV show instead. karl urban may even come back. it's called MEGACITY ONE.

where did they end up even?
i didnt look it up since they got off the boat

The great action heroes are great because of their actions, not their muscles. The muscles are secondary. You could make a great action movie starring a fat guy if you wanted to. The story, acting, and commitment is what counts. Some fundamental layer of the movie has to be serious. The movie can be a comedy in many respects and still work as action if there is that serious layer. Example: Commando.

r*ddit: the post

>Movies like this will never ever, ever again be made and if they somehow are numale critics will shit on them for a whole host of bollocks,

Jason Stathan retired?

What did (((they))) mean by this?