Now that the dust has settled, can Sup Forums give its honest opinion on The Dark Knight Rises without memeing?

Now that the dust has settled, can Sup Forums give its honest opinion on The Dark Knight Rises without memeing?

YOU WERE ESHCOMMUNICATED BY A GANG OF SHYCOPATHS

pretty bad
>kill this big guy by some halloween cat girl
>le he was a henchman all ALONG! xd
>slow fight sequences
>random guys take damage without getting hit

Boring. Bane wasn't menacing at all, Catwomen was pointless besides
>pussy
>I just want to see you drinking coffee
>have weeks in the city quarantined yourself and you only have one single plan and almost no one defending the damn places where the cops are able to get out
>the chick that stole your pearls is now a good guy because you see good in her or some stupid shit

Begins - 8/10
TDK - 7/10
TDKR - 6/10

no

Way too many characters and plot points. Should've just focused on Bane and Batman. Walking out from the cinema all I could think back then was how overburdened the film was with its ambitions. Admirable but also arrogant.

The 2nd best in the trilogy.
The constant brooding works in this case and the sewer fight is amazing.

Trying to tie in Ra's Al Ghul into what would've been a perfectly serviceable standalone Bane movie ruined it.

Same thing happened to Spider-Man 3, to be honest. Too many villains, no focus. Also, that terrible nonsensical airplane scene.

Begins - 8/10
TDK - 9/10
TDKR - 5/10

The ending where Commissioner Gordon realizes Batman is Bruce Wayne is insulting.

It should have ended with the line about the coat. It didn't need "Bruce Wayne?!" and a flashback.

Also why does this movie keep changing aspect ratio? It's really distracting.

It has made the hotwife community un-fucking-bearable, dude. Every other time I'm balls deep in someone's wife the stupid cuck says "You're a big guy" and looks at me like I'm gonna play along. Fuck off.
Thanks for ruining my weekends, Nolan you piece of SHIT

capeshit/10

Dr. Pavel

I'm a DC fan and it was crap. I was so disappointed

Why does Batman sound like a revving motorcycle that talks?

how did Nolan keep this in?

he's such a fucking hack and I fully except Dunkek to be shit

>he's such a fucking hack
Why? Because you keep obsessing over one bad shot in a trilogy riddled with good scenes. I wish the genre went the Nolan way instead of the Disney way.

>one bad shot
>riddled with good scenes

He should've stuck with Inception.

>trilogy riddled with good scenes.
lmao

>Nolan trilogy
>no Riddler or Penguin
>Everything must be over the top realistic
>Batman has struggle fighting 2 dogs
>Bane is shit villain

it le would be le extremely painful le 4 u.

Am I fitting in?

Definitely weakest Nolan Batman, but it was entertaining enough and kept the character more consistent than Snyder does.

DOCTOR

Batman doesn't stop being Batman unless he's dead or physically unable to handle the strain. I couldn't buy the narrative TDKR was trying to sell me but the film was still enjoyable.

Nolan just phoned it in. its literally an unfinished movie - its meme status is well deserved.

Seriously how can Nolan be such a big money director yet have no idea how money works?

the whole trilogy is boring tripe
>a billionaire ninja wearing a rubber batsuit fights crime by punching it in the face, and his nemesis is a guy with clown facepaint
>I know, I'm going to make the entire movie as if it were a law & order episode

bravo nolan

>be Christoper Nolan
>be contracted to make three Batman movies
>have your one of your main actors die in terrible circumstances
>Christian Bale loses all interest in the project as do most of the cast
>"lets get this shit over with"
>The Dark Knight Rises becomes the greatest unintentional comedy and meme of all time

OH BOY YOU ARE IN FOR A SHOW TONIGHT SON

The plane scene is all I have ever watched.

Absolute fucking trash 6/10

I wish Bane was still a roided Mexican wrestler.

This

the big battle between cops and criminals was garbage.GARBAGE!

Begins - 6.5/10
TDK - 9/10
TDKR - 5.5/10

This, Nolan has a problem with exposition and it frankly kind of pisses me off.

What are you even saying? lol

6.5 or maybe 7/10.

Awesome set-piece of the bombing of Gotham with the >burgerland anthem and everything.

Nice comunist (or whatever) villain.

Bad plot twist with Thalia. Maybe not so much but I didn't like the time-bomb scenario either. Nice chase scene with the batplane, though.

Bad final epic fight with the cops and criminals. Could have been better and more realistic.

Catwoman as a representative of the poor victims of capitalism was cool but could have been better.

Some bad capeshit cliches.

Nice idea for an ambigous ending but it's clear that Wayne survives (unrealistically).

It was an 8/10 for me and a solid ending to the trilogy.

Give example !!!

#
Begins - 7 / 10
TDK - 7.5 / 10
TDKR - 9 / 10

>last muzzle flash has him standing directly in front of the camera (the gun)
Shouldn't he have been shot right there?

t. reddit

>cops running to their death like the charge of the light brigade instead of gunning people down in riot gear

Is it opposite day?

>army of guys with fully-automatic guns fires into a crowd of unarmed men from point-blank range and only kill like 2 people
>then they drop their guns to engage in hand to hand combat
????????

Why is it that the only Batman adaptation to ever get the "Batman vs thugs with guns" combat right is the Arkham games? What are the movies missing?

>Hey Sargent?
>Yeah Chief?
>Don't try any clever tactics or anything. Just fucking run at them in the open street like zerg.
>Gotcha senpai

I would say so if Gotham is supposed to be Chicago.

Like BLM's wet dream or something.

It was way to obvious that Nolan just didn't give a fuck anymore and was basically forced to make the movie or they would not have funded his Star-Fairytale

what is this position called?

I will never genuinely enjoy movies in the theater again as much as I enjoyed Nolan's Batman trilogy. One, because I was young enough to not be jaded and two, because theaters won't be around much longer.

It's entertaining, but less complex and engaging than TDK.

The "What a forward young man you are!"

Sadly. Theaters are going the way of arcades in America.

Begins - 7.5
TDK - 7.0
TDKR - 6.0

Fixed that for you bois

When I saw it back in 2012 I was 19 years old, ie. late teens.
Even then, I thought it sucked ass.

I liked the night vision cat ear goggles but the knife heels were stupid as fuck. Should have stuck with claw gloves like LITERALLY EVERY OTHER CATWOMAN holy fuck

>Loved it, and mostly because Bane seems more like a villain than edgy Joker.

R8 Tom's physique, Sup Forums. How big, exactly, is he? Was he big enough to justify being Bane?

HEYJEYJEJYJEJEHEHEHEHEEHHEEHHEHEEHE

ok jokes beside,
It was good and bad.
The scene with batman in the prison was great

BB - 7/10
TDK - 8/10
TDKR - 6/10

The movie was a mess, and didnt have a good consistency, way too many different scenaries, situwtions tu5ning points in the story, most of them without any good reason and pointless, the villian didnt have any kind of purpose behind his evil masterplan, never understood what the fuck Bane tried to do, and why...other chwracters were very weak, as a catwoman that was just a robber with a custom, nothing like that michelle pheiper catwoman....the pacing of the movie was slow, I dont know where is the fault, the direction, the scipt, the story....but the movie was a boring mess.

He did all he could, but he's way too small to be physically impressive.

You need someone like the mountain from GOT to achieve that.

That being said, I'd choose a good actor over a good physical fit. His casting was decent.

Is his core the result of bulking or is it roidgut?

They should have left Talia and the whole nuclear energy device thing out. Bane was an interesting choice for a villain but it would have been better if they had someone more familiar but with the Nolan twist. Like Poison Ivy as some crazy botanist who wants to poison the city or something.

I thought that the movies' biggest sin was the awkwardly handled "cops vs the people" plotline
>US COPS, WE PROTECT THIS CITY, WE'RE ON YOUR SIDE
>says the commissioner of the canonically most blatantly corrupt police force in the country

I'd rather Prime Arnold voiced by Tom instead of Tom attempting to look like Prime Arnold, but he were are.

*puts on knee brace*
>Ah, this brace solves the total lack of cartilage in my knee and lets me move again without discomfort!

>being anne's bottom bitch
>ever being a forward young man

Didn't care for TDK already so I never bothered with it.
Only ever watched the plane scene.

>The scene with batman in the prison was great

TDK was pretty good desu

>shitty impossible to follow action scenes
>Matrix sequel level of pseudo-intellectual dialogue
>same trite comic book clichés but now in edgy

b-b-but le Joker is epic!

The weakest Nolan film by a significant margin. Even as a Nolan fan I think its pretty mediocre. The dialogue is pretty crappy, but even more so. Alfred is barely in it, Bringin back the League in a way just to come full circle
Honestly the movie is inherently flawed in how it tries to raise the stakes, but then adds in even more stuff when it should have just been another smaller stakes thing like TDK

Are you retarded? It's Reddit that praises Nolan's work.

why do you keep posting pictures from reddit?

I worked at an exchange when this movie came out and we all had a good laugh at that

the fight scenes where Batman nabs the chinese guy, and when he solos the swat team, are done well. It's really only the party fight that looks like shit because it's the only one where Nolan tried to show the fight explicitly, as opposed to Arkham predator style or by implications.