Transformers 5 is a HUGE FLOP

What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FJ0U58MAmgY
youtube.com/watch?v=wKk0xANUHM0
thedailybeast.com/transformers-the-last-knight-is-three-hours-of-racist-robot-torture
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>muh domestic
whats the real figures, amerilard?

Wonder Woman's good word of mouth is hurting multiple summer blockbusters. Seriously

it's RAYCIS

Poster didn't have Optimus riding a fucking dinosaur.

Let us never forget this man.

It's done $93M in China alone so far, expected to surpass the last movie's worldwide total at over a billion. Relax.

Rofl thats not a real headline is it

It's been garbage from 2009 maybe?

why are chinks ruining movies?
i mean a lot of those eastern cultures seem generally uncool or just immature in their progression.
youtube.com/watch?v=FJ0U58MAmgY
youtube.com/watch?v=wKk0xANUHM0

the above are examples, in their culture this is acceptable or even cool, while in most western cultures these poses lack subtlety and are simply uncool

What is this?

New meme?

Taken from a fantastic post 20 min ago that shitty mods took down. Says he punches pieces out of tin cans with a pin while watching Netflix.

I feel like being illiterate helps. Your mind can fill in the blanks of whats going on and you can be like "oh this story is really cool its about this and this" whereas a Native English is like "this is the shallowest plot I have ever seen". Then add in the element of the admittedly awesome action scenes and Transformers is a much more appropriate movie for someone from Asia.

It is real and it literally says nothing about racism in the article
thedailybeast.com/transformers-the-last-knight-is-three-hours-of-racist-robot-torture

If I had to guess it was b/c of black jokes the one black guy made

Source on that?

Oh I don't know OP maybe it's because Transformers is fucking garbage and we all know it.

This Summer has been ridiculously shit. Complain about Cape films all you want but they the only films telling a coherent story

thats.. really lame. i honestly cant tell if youre memeing or just dumb

So I just saw it.

Taking it as something that wasn't meant to be taken seriously made it kinda fun

I mean here are some of the goofy shit I remember
>Merlin was real and had magic powers to control a robot dragon bestowed to him by a dying Knight Transformer
>There was an entire "Knights of the Round" made up of Transformers
>Bumblebee helped win a decisive victory in WWII
>A Transformer disguised as a Pocket Watch killed Hitler
>Some hot history teacher is the descendant of Merlin and the only one who can use the staff other than the big bad
>The entire Witwhicky family tree (Including Sam from Transformers 1-3 and Marky Mark) are all related to King Arthur
>Final 75 is literally 85% action with the final 45minutes or so being one long fight including a battle similar to the Battle of Normandy

Like if you sat and took it seriously then you were probably miserable, but if you wanted to sit in a theater with an excuse to eat popcorn I've seen much worse

Also
Even though the marketing HEAVILY implied this to be the final chapter in the current storyline it ends in a most credits cliffhanger

Oh and Anthony Hopkins has a sassy Ninja Butler Transformer with an English Accent

Transformers 5 opened on Wednesday. It's 3 days are all weekdays. Transformers 4 opened on Friday. It's 3 days was the weekend

Mystery solved

Except the only """"people"""" who go see this garbage are unemployeed neets and children, both having nothing better to do

Through admittedly, and I should have pointed this out, 5's Friday take was minuscule compared to 4's

You can argue that Wed/Thursday's take cannibalized Friday's

Didn't 5 come out on wednesday?

>IT'S CHINA'S FAULT HOLLYWOOD IS SHIT

The only bad movies on there are Revenge of the Fallen and Rogue One

What went wrong is that T5 came out on a Wednesday and T4 came out on a Friday.

>Rogue One is bad

spotted the redditor

there are 5 of these fucking things already?

All of those movies are bad, faggot.

Did 5 spend 20 minutes talking about fucking an underage girl and why it was legal?

The only people who think that are the retards who think every film needs to be some revolutionary Citizen Kane horseshit.

Fun action movies have a place in this world and if you have a problem with it go find a different hobby because money talks and no one is going to see indie garbage filth like "It Comes at Night" (And if they did it got a 1/5 it deserved for false advertising and being nothing but talking)

No one says every movie needs to be some Oscar bait revolutionary tier movie. People just don't want shit movies like int hat image. Not shit =/= citizen Kane. fuck off with your shit taste and go back to plebbit.

>actually liking Fast

>actually disliking fun

based high iq chinks will save it

>action movies that are good
-IP Man 1 + 2
-Hardcore Henry
-The Raid 1 + 2

Those movies are fun action movies but they're actually good unlike shit like Fast & Furious and Transformers.

>polished turds are fun

Hardcore Henry was lowest common denominator trash """saved""" by having a retard gimmick

its pretty easy one movie had marketing that featured ROBOT DINOSAURS
while the other movie has:????????

Still a lot better than any of the garbage that you're shilling for. If you call HCH LCD trash then what the absolute fuck is Transformers and F&F supposed to be?

Self parodying kino

I know its hard to imagine a world where you dont take yourself so seriously (Like how you are defending your belives here) but in the real world people like fun and joking and stuff

Lose the fedora and come join us

Fun is something like Kingsman The Secret Service. Hell even Mission Impossible

But F&F? is that some kind of meme?

Kingsmen was boring tripe

The "Transformers" movies are borderline critic-proof at this point.

the movies are shit and people are starting to figure it out.

It was already legal in 4. Texas's AoC is 17. The Romeo and Juliet scene was literally pointless. They left it in the final cut while removing the finished scene of Bumblebee dancing in the church.

>absolutely gorgeous lighting that puts Terrence Malick to shame
>breathtaking visuals and photography
>flawless soundmixing
>as the film progresses, Bay abandons both dialogue and narrative structure in favour of an almost sixty minutes long, tour de force action scene that satturates the senses to the utter limit
>universally despised by feeble-minded critics

Alas, humankind is not yet ready for transcendent kino!

Some newfag mod is deleting a bunch of on topic threads for no reason. Seriously, the animal thread? It was about fucking animal planet for christ sakes. Fucking gay mods are faggots

Correct. 5 will still gross over 1 billion and will likely surpass 4 in worldwide takings. Its Chinese numbers are ahead of AOE at this point.

Best pasta of 2017

Its a 3 hour long movie with less than 20minutes of Optimus Prime and Megatron and Megatron's one fight is literally just Prime chopping his arm off and kicking him out of a spaceship

>the movies are fun and people realize that critics are no talent hacks

the movies are fun if you are 10. i got some flashing lights if you need a fix before the next shit fest

critics are no talent hacks..i think you went full retard.

>We were brothers, once!
>ONCE.

Are they? Because this one is crashing and it wont make a billion

Americans won't fall for the same trick [s]twice[/s] [s]three times[/s] [s]four times[/s] five times

Fuck off newfag

There's a direct correlation between people that like those movies and the people that buy spinners

>I need critics to tell me what is good and bad
>I'm not a retard
Pick one

What happened? Did it call the Transformers stuff like gear chuckers, silicoons and gigaboos?

well played

Racist caricatures of Nips and Spics.

One of the robots spoke like a black man. Outrageous, I know.

was it worse than the twins in Transformers 2?

>mfw they're still pandering to china
>Buster using some chink app to listen to music
>Black guy browsing some chink website for cars

>baykino
More like hackino

Fidget spinners are popular in China? My understanding was that they produced them and then sell them to low IQ westerners.

The voice was similar.

Why did the aspect ratio change every 30 seconds

>"the central government will fix this!"
I almost died laughing during that scene in IV.
Hong Kong BTFO!

Switching between imax and regular cameras.

Same with TDKR

>it wont make a billion

Just wait.

It wasn't that obvious in TDK/TDKR
Am I correct to assume that all 16:9 shots were in iMAX?
It was bugging me the whole time when they keep shifting AR.

I saw TDKR in iMAX, and it was extremely obvious.

>Fun is something like Kingsman The Secret Service

No Nicola.

Oh yeah, i did watch in a non imax kino
i only notice the AR shift when I watched the bluray rip
They probably should've just stick to 2.35:1 aspect ratio for regular theaters

>Domestic
Fucking retard

I dont get it

>Ghotsbusters 2016 flopped.
>Passangers flooped
>Baywatch flopped.
>Transformers 5 flopping

Good, now I only need to see Spiderman homecoming underperforming, but that won´t happen because plebs eat any piece of crap that disney shits out.

Kek. This.
>but muh Murica
Dumb burgers

ayy lmao > kino

>domestic goes from 100mill to 37mill
That's a problem, retard.

If it ends up doing Transformers 4 numbers in China, it still won't make a billion because it's flopping tremendously in the US

because domestic is still most important. You act like the money made in china is all going to the studio

Id wait for the full weekend figures before assuming failure. The films opened on different days so an apples to apples comparison isn't possible at all.

You act like revenue in America isn't subject to the highest corporate tax rate in the OECD

test

keep on ass pulling.

they pay taxes on the money they make in china too

It's tracking for less than $60 million for the first five days.

Yuge flop.

Conversely, it's set for an $80-100 mill opening in China

hi ;3

giv ban evasion gf

You are clearly out of your element when it comes to economic matters as evidenced by this post

more ass pulling

no, but they had a strong independent woman fall onto her knees and start speaking intelligibly when MarkyMark took off his shirt for some reason.

Kek. Nice admission of defeat.