/who/ - Doctor Who General

Ghost Light Edition

Previously on /who/:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BcX3Uh-Td6I
twitter.com/AnonBabble

This is the first time since Heaven Sent Moffat has written a good episode. How the hell did he do it?

Moffat stole the idea for his next episode from Star wars the Clone Wars episode ''the deserter'' Literally a farm house attacked by metallic droids.

It'll be ruined by the following like always.

This reminds me of Heaven Sent/Hell Bent
GOAT opening episode, followed by cancerous moffuckery in the second. Fire up those jet boots, kiddos, it's time Mondasian Cybermen had some flight lessons.

>He's had a horrible track record with episodes for Doctor Who, but Broadchurch is good so I dunno, I'm trying to stay positive

It's kind of a meme. 42 isn't bad at all, it's just forgettable because the rest of the series is too great. All of his episodes suffered by production fuckups. When he's in charge he'll be able to control things.

>what's the point of posting on this thread when it's driven by squeakers and outcasts on Discord thread

I'd like to pin Ace up against a wall.

the best episodes of the RTD era were dark ones. and capaldi has had plenty of fun episodes and silly stuff, he used sonic sunglasses like all of last series.

how the fuck is farting aliens a meme? they literally fart the whole episodes and its shit. how can you defend shit like farting aliens and then have the audacity to say the current stuff is bad? FUCK OFFERINO.

Eh I didn't mean it was bad per se, just...forgettable.

I'd honestly take Chibnall's mediocrity over Moffat's retarded self-wanking shit any day of the fucking week.

You hate Doctor Who.
You literally hate it and still watch it in the sake of contrarianism. Now rid the universe of your filth.

Series 11 = Great Vampires
Series 12 = A creepy being claiming to be god .

what? are you replying to the wrong person? i'm defending the show not shitting on it.

By rehashing shit from RTD's era, and himself.

But don't worry, like always, the second part will make the first retroactively shit

Doctor Who needs to go back to the good old days of The Doctor fighting an invisible monster with a stick.

this is the shit that Delgado-era Master used to do lol
i remember reading this Delgado-era story once where he turned Ace into a limbless quadruple amputee with a carry handle between her tits literally just so he could make the pun "Carry Ace" and it was perfectly in character

i love it

No, I'm replying to the right person.

>they literally fart the whole episodes and its shit.

Have you ever been diagnosed for autism?

GOD FUCKING DAMNIT!!!

Everyone is autistic on some level, you fuckstick.

>The Power of Three
production fuckups alone can't explain that episode

>literally
No they don't. It's the same thing as if you said "Capaldi is LITERALLY playing guitar for the whole episode in TMA"

>Power of Three
>terrible
but it was comfy as shit

Why? It was meant to be a two-parter, but in last two weeks he was said that lol it's not.
Also you can google and read about Shakri actor being a massive dick.

Is that a yes, then? Because it seems like it.

How the actual fuck are they going to explain away--or not, knowing Moffat, Missy not remembering this happening.

Probably the same way as they did with Ashildr
Missy is too old and a lot of time has passed

but that's what happens.
also they looked silly and weren't even scary.

missy is the current master, she only knows about it now.

sorry about the delay

watched World Enough and Time, holy fucking shit what a finale, what a masterful cliffhanger

that cold open oh my god and Capaldi's hair looks fucking epic

Simm's disguise looked a bit like an Igor-looking Eccleston desu

Bill got fucking wasted - is she confirmed bye bye or is Moffat gonna find a way to unMoffuck this one

so hype for next week

It was dumb and stupid with a shitty rushed conclusion

inb4 they don't explain how Simm Master got here or why he's not on Gallifrey or why is lightning hands body isn't constantly dying and turning into a skeleton

Whose fucking idea was it to make all of series 7 standalone episodes? It had to be Skinner's, right?

Imagine how good the episode would have been if we didn't know the master was in it and we didn't know it was the mondasian cybermen

Doctor gives Bill regeneration energy to unconvert her. Screenshot this post.

You need a damn good reason to make a two parter. There was nothing going on in that episode to warrant a two-parter. What the fuck would the cliffhanger have been? The cubes turning into dodecahedrons?

could someone give me a webm of the end credits, I just want to revel in seeing John Simm's name again

Moffat has confirmed Bill is dead, but there was a lot of confirmation Clara was dead when the bird flew at her

Um... villain reveal.
Cubes activating.
A lot of stuff.
In fact the entirety of part 2 was squeezed into the last 5 minutes.

How are they going to explain Simm Master automatically knowing Missy was his future incarnation?

They won't explain either. Moffat is a hack.

Capaldi is a God tier Doctor being wasted on shitty seasons. This episode was great but The Eaters of Light was fucking terrible, Empress of Mars was bad and the Monks three-parter was meh. I really, really hate Moffat.

>rating the monks trilogy higher than the ice warrior episode
literally what the fuck

>Missy is the currant master.
>Therefor she must be unaware of something her past self did.
wat?

Timelords can feel each other or some shit
It was established during RTDs run

>What the fuck would the cliffhanger have been? The cubes turning into dodecahedrons?
Would be almost as GOAT as the cliffhanger for Death to the Daleks Part 3

>This episode was great
> I really, really hate Moffat.
I don't get it

>original cybbers making the RTD era footstomp hydraulic noise

The Eaters of Light was a light, fun episode; you know, the kind of thing Doctor Who needs after having a long line of shit dramatic episodes like the Monks ones.

youtube.com/watch?v=BcX3Uh-Td6I

Missy will remember after this happens.

But Simm will go on and forget everything, become Missy who'll still only remember things from her own perspective.

Why a video recording device can't be used to get around this, no idea

>The Eaters of Light was fucking terrible
>Empress of Mars was bad
wrong

Name one good thing about that episode besides the appearance of the Ice Warriors. Some fanservice doesn't excuse bad writing. The Monks episodes weren't good but they didn't annoy me as much as Empress of Mars.

>but there was a lot of confirmation Clara was dead when the bird flew at her

was there? i remember the doctor who magazine cover of her as a waitress came out before the episode. also when did moffat confirm? i mean hes not gonna say shes alive if shes in the next ep.

only the current incarnations remember.
the earlier ones forget multi incarnation stuff.

Moffat seems keen on bridging some continuity snafus, re: he was probably the only one keen to film scenes of 8 regenerating into hurt, and hurt into 9, but with the Master, it'd be a futile effort. we haven't seen the majority of Master regens, and we don't even really know which regen number Missy even is

you're not likely to get a lot of explanation for why Simm is back next week because the end of time pretty well wrote him out of the series. they might do a meta-tongue-in-cheek nod to refusing to explain why, in fact

>light
yes
>fun
no

It was really pointless and badly paced though.

It was explained you dingus

Can't wait for them to fly despite lacking any appearance of being able to.

Who's fault was the robotic Cybermen? Rachael Taylay? Moffat?

List of propaganda nonsense on this episode

Doctor advocates for veganism

That is all

It was a fun romp with enjoyable character interactions

The monks episodes (pyramid and lie particularly) were so full of absolutely idiotic logic and decisions to the point that there was next to nothing to be enjoyed at all

What are those cords coming off the second and third cybers?

ONE good episode doesn't excuse the rest of this season. Moffat has undeniably written a few good episodes but he has written a ton of shit and as the showrunner he has approved some awful scripts. He's a hack that gets lucky every once in a while.

They're still on the spaceship
The reason all the different cibber forms exist is they'll be going through all the different floors of the spaceship, and with each new floor they reach cybermen that are more technologically advanced (and therefore happen to look like the different nuwho cyberman variants)

>Mondasian Cybermen
what a nerdy reference. still, a hell of a refreshing break from what the Cybermen have become in the new series
>turn the Mondasian Cybermen into uber-capable killing machines
what was the point of using them, then
>bring back current-series Cybermen
for fuck's sake

>It was explained you dingus

When?

Hey, if you're gonna get all nitpicky about discrepancies involving how The Master works, can we go in chronological order and start with just how the hell he escaped Planet of Fire's ending?

Saw the Doctor Falls.

The following Happens

The farm and countryside is located in the midship. The people there are descendants of the expedition from the bottom part of the ship to the top, but they never made it to the top.

The Cybermen turn on SImm and Missy for that matter and the two Masters retreat with the Doctor to the middle part of the ship.

Simm and Missy have a massive argument as to whether to help the Doctor or not.

Simm is still full of hatred for the Doctor, but he eventually comes around and helps fight off the Cybermen.

When the Cybermen are defeated Simm changes his mind and tries to shoot the Doctor but Missy jumps in front of the shot gets shot. Simm, before Missy if completely incapacitated she shoots simm back. They both caused each others regeneration. Simm regenerates into Missy and runs away. Missy sacrifices herself by destroying the ship manually.

Doctor has been holding back his own regeneration since Oxygen. But his injuries during the battle of the farmhouse mean he can't hold it back anymore.

Bill and Nardole both die.

He regenerates briefly into Kris Marshall in that snow scene before snapping back. Another Tardis appears alongside him and the first Doctor pops out. Cue Cliffhanger.

Why would the others be more technologically advanced?

If anything the cybermen at the bottom should be the most advanced. Their society would be the "oldest", everything above would be shittier and shittier until you just find regular humans and then eventually that blue guy

Go watch again lazy fuck

Moffat's. If you disagree with him you get "Erased from Doctor Who! *autistic screeching*"

>pointless
What did he mean by this?

Ghost Light is shit

Oh boy, haven't seen "people who like series 9 actually hate Doctor Who" user in a while. Still tipping your fedora, I see.

Simm watched the TV screen for years and eventually copped that Missy was him.

How about when he spent years watching her on a screen for a few minutes?

What cords?

So they go back to the tardis first then make their way back down through the levels, at which point technology has advanced further
can you think of another reason for all the different cibber types to show up that doesn't involve them all conveniently responding to the distress signal?

>Hello, Missy. I'm the master. And I'm very worried about my future. If I wanted a pair of tits I'd kidnapp a stripper.

>Doctor has been holding back his own regeneration since Oxygen. But his injuries during the battle of the farmhouse mean he can't hold it back anymore.

It was believable until there

no

so....this is a genesis of the daleks scenario, the Doctor can't wipe out these cybermen shits because if he does history will be altered far too much

what asspull will he use to defeat them then?

I unironically didn't pick up on whatshisface being Simm until he confronts Missy. Am I stupid??

Might be an empty shell casing, the dongle looking thing flying to the right of their heads.

yes
it's the most clusterfuck "what the hell is even going on" classic story

>implying WE WUZ ROMANZ was a good episode

Just letting the ship get absorbed into the black hole is what he'll do

>it's an episode where profiteering cynics manipulate the fear and xenophobia caused by a seeming terrorist attack to exploit a sovereign nation for its raw resources
>it's a metaphor for Iraq where the profiteers are represented by a fat, bloated, corrupt, venal cabal
>HURR DURR all dey did is fart!!!

It's not really rusty's fault you're a pea-brained retard with a mental age of 12

So, ugh, why didn't they call it Genesis of the Cybermen?

Why does that Forrest in the next time trailer look like the same one from Day of the Doctor and the Robots of Sherwood?

They can't keep getting away with this!

This sounds believable desu

if you don't like eaters of light why even watch the show? it's basically an average nuwho ep. sure the ending was a little rushed but so are almost all of the 45 minute eps.

I had heard people speculate about it back from filming
The face mask was well done and simm put on a good accent so I can't blame you for not noticing

Why does Capalderini have to leave?

sad but true

you want a cheesy title drop then

>TH' CRIMSIN 'ORRA

but that will wipe out all the gen 1 mondasian cybers, that will fuck up the timeline something fierce, wibbly wobbly or not

I haven't watched Doctor Who for the last two seasons. Should I get into it again? Did Moffat get better? Did he write anything close to midnight?

Go to the Tardis to get what?

>that doesn't involve them all conveniently responding to the distress signal?

Moffat will be a hack and have Simm be working with Cybermen from the future, to create Cybermen in the past

Technically bill's not dead yet so we can't rule out a moffucking

>manipulate the fear and xenophobia caused by a seeming terrorist attack to exploit a sovereign nation for its raw resources

they just killed everyone m8.