Is this any good?

Is this any good?

Watch the first episode, then literally never touch the show again. Seriously. fantasizing about how great the show could have been if it had anywhere near the production quality and direction of the pilot is 100x better than what the show is. Every single fucking episode they will flunk your expectations no matter how low you set the bar. Utter fucking trash. I managed to watch all ten seasons of Smallville and I still dropped this midway through Season 2

Pretty much this. Del Toro directed a great pilot and his successors failed to deliver on the resulting show.

I agree with this and feel the same way about Ash vs Evil Dead

Nah even the pilot was shit.
Gimmicks everywhere and cliché characters.

I enjoy it for the novel premise and the uniqueness of the monster effects by tv standards.

You need to go lower. This show can be unwatchably bad at times but there's always going to be some kind of dissection or new plan to fuck the monsters up around the corner to keep things somewhat watchable.

it's so stupid that i enjoy it. the best way to describe it is, it's the walking dead but it doesn't take itself seriously. the show is aware that it's schlock

eph is the worst main character ever
idk if its just the actor or the stupid story but I cant stand that fucking guy

It's in "so bad it's entertaining" territory imo. The CDC guy's kid is literally trying to get people killed with weaponized stupid. The main cast has god tier plot armor. The government characters were written by a 12 year old libertarian. Decent action though, good effects, few cheap jump scares most of the time. Actually like the zompires and their weird physiology in this.

It should had been a miniseries of one single season.

I'll give them that. TWD has a horrible pace in the latter seasons. At least the plot started moving forward on The Strain when Quinlan showed up.

I only saw the first and second season.

It started off promising, but then completely baulked. They finally get to the master and he just escapes. That's the entire first season.

And they're never clear about how big of a disaster is going on in New York. One moment everyone's talking like it's a full blown apocalypse, then the next moment you just see people walking around in broad daylight, going to work, like its business as usual. Are there, or are there not vampires pulling people out of cars and killing them in the street? How do the people of New York not seem to notice this is happening?

I can't even remember the second season, except the nazi flashbacks were the best part. I didn't see what happened last year. The show's progression is way too slow.

the vampires can't hunt in the daylight dude, that's why people are more relaxed when the sun is out

No, I'm also bitter because I had an idea about vampires attributing to leeches instead of bats years before it came out.

Now if I incorporate that idea into something people will think it was inspired by "le jewish vampire hunter" show.

autism

It's pretty awesome. Hyped for the new season.

DUDE ME STRIGOIS LMAO

but dont do it dude its fucking gay, its really colorful and saturated and pretty and everything but no nigga it has nothing but hateable characters and writing that is shitty asf

>One moment everyone's talking like it's a full blown apocalypse, then the next moment you just see people walking around in broad daylight, going to work, like its business as usual.
lol this perfectly encapsulates what a grab bag of shit the strain is

i unironically love this
but in the same way i love underworld

it's campy B grade horror, not well written

If there was a mass vampire monster invasion killing large segments of the population I don't think people would be going on about their days normally regardless of the time

>That's right, Jay!: The Post

Spoilers ahead for OPizzle if he wants to watch it,

I loved season 1 until the end of it. The first half, the build up, was the best part of the show and reminded me of 'Salem's Lot.
Then they started hunting vampires and it got pretty silly.

Season 2 was dogshit. None of the characters made sense, it had this whole anti-monogamous lesbian relationship subplot and was fucking stupid. They'd bring back characters and then kill them off.

Season 3 started better, they actually fucking developed the character they introduced in Season 2, it had much better pacing and less fucktarded decisions.
For the first half.
Then the second half, and in particular the final episode was so fucking bonkers I couldn't hope to keep up. It was a joke at this point. A highly entertaining, ridiculous off the walls joke.

I'm talking a pre-teen kid nuking New York because he's mad at his dad ridiculous.
When that happened I just lost it. That was the ultimate WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON, and there were plenty of points where I was just bewildered by stupidity, like the Mexicans killing cops to save a vampire, Eldrich turning good and shooting up the Nazi vamp without him dying, the fucking main characters getting into a cheesy slow motion fist fight with the Master in Eldrich's body, only to have Quinlan show up in the doorway like WWE and wrestle him.

It got so fucking crazy.

Fuck off, at least I wouldn't have taken leech vampires into such a boring direction.

honestly, ive enjoyed watching it while riffing on it on the Sup Forums threads over the last couple of years. its got that campy horror vibe going for it where it but with all of the cool shit from del toro.

if it wasnt for the Sup Forums threads i probably wouldnt enjoy it as much, so shoutout to the maybe 5 or 6 of yall that always show up in those threads

Its a lot of fun. Its all very cheesy and tongue in cheek, there's some good characters, bit of action, some great practical effects.

Don't watch it expecting high art, watch it for crackpot plans and the badguys always winning. And a handfull of qts.

What would you have done?

The progrssion is so weird the pacing seems to be done because they are suddenly wanting to end the show.
First season had a slow build up but seemed like things werent so bad
Second season seemed like they were fighting hard and somewhat successful at keeping sections of the city safe.
Third season all hell breaks loose master could just claim the entire city at a whim if he wanted to and has infected people all across the globe in a matter of weeks. Only hope of defeating master is a literal miracle as a nuke went off in new york and their ace in the hole Palmer is now his vessel.

written a fan fiction

>I managed to watch all ten seasons of Smallville
Tits or GTFO

I just started watching the pilot.
>flight from germany with something horrific on board
>a guy called Bishop.
Is this Fringe?

I always wondered the same thing, there's a lot of similarities with the pilot. He's actually called Peter Bishop, as I recall.

So, is it vampires?

Strigoi!

Did you enjoy it? This thread has given me the urge to break out the season 1 blu ray again.

It's alright i guess, just 40min into the pilot.
Gonna finish it and then go back to my Fringe rewatch.
Maybe i'll get back to it when i finished Fringe.

If you are just looking for something to pass the time this works, although the last season finale pissed me off

>The CDC guy's kid
Is he not dead yet? Stopped watching ages ago, just assumed that they'd have bumped off such an aggressively annoying character by now.

This show easily has the worst child actor I've ever seen and the fact that they pushed him further to the front boggles my mind. He's got the one-two punch of being a terrible actor and infuriating character.

pure shlock!
it gets worse each new season; at least the nazi guy is based

Someone post the Premium webm

It's on the level of say, later seasons of True Blood. Tedium punctuated by crazy fun.

Oh, and the kid will make you want a vasectomy. He's literally the worst child in any form of media I've ever seen.

No.

It is watchable. But be warned. The further along it goes the more campy tv series it feels. Also, this guy is as good as it gets for the show.

>MUNCHERS
>MUNCHERS
>MUNCHERS

Fett is great but it's not fair to say he's the only good one.

>Eichorst (best character)
>Abraham
>Palmer
>Vaun
>Quinlan

I think it's just that the bad characters (Kelly, Nora, Zach) are so bad they blind you to how great the rest are.

I'd watch an entire tv show based around nothing but his rat catching and exterminating antics where it has nothing supernatural at all. Just him MacGyvering up cool Saw level traps for rats.

It's fun but you can tell they started pandering to get more viewers. The first episode sets up a show that has major potential to be great and the rest ends up being just ok

That would be cool, like one of those "Dirty Jobs" documentary shows, except not Dirty Jobs, I remember this one from the UK about 15-20 years ago that wasn't so American and flashy, just a camera crew following around a bunch of people like sewer cleaners and crime scene cleanup.

You just know it'd be using explosives from time to time, without a license.

The pilot is absolutely beautiful, especially all the colours in every scene, is it in high contrast or is this just how things looked before they started using grey/blue/brown filters on everything?

user, it is just typical Film Class 101 ORANGE AND BLUE shit color scheme. I hope you are being ironic. I do agree other retard color filters are retarded 99% of the time.

I hope you are being ironic, this isn't a poster where those colours were intentionally chosen, this is just a few screenshots from the episode, and none of the scenes there are composed of orange and blue, which they would have to be to match the style you're mentioning, as the whole point is they compliment each other and have to appear together to do so.

And if you went to film class, can you perhaps answer the question now you've got your autistic screeching out the way?

>It's a character looks after their turned relative episode
I'd never seen it in a vampire show before but all the zombie shows and movies did this to death already

it's better than the walking dead because IT HAS FUCKING MAGIC.

it's still shit, but it's better than the walking dead

Thanks, my man

First season is good, then it goes all DOWNHILL after that. It becomes unwatchable.

First season is worth it, though.

The show is stupid and great throughout

That's why I love the Show. It's just fun to watch.

>I already had the idea!
So did Brian Lumley when he wrote Necroscope.

Early period setting, probably 1800. It's not like I had a story set out, just concept about vampires with a leech affinity. Living in swamps, having a 3-jawed leech emerge from their mouth to drink blood, inserting a baby leech into a corpse to create more vampires. I had originally wanted to include it with another idea of a fantasy setting with bizarre interpretations of common fantasy elements (I.E ghost-like insect people being elves). I definitely wouldn't have done the 100th time repeated secret Nazi vampires shit.

> Published 1986
EVERYTHING YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE HAS ALREADY BEEN DONE!

same for the walking plebs