I have never watched an episode of Doctor Who

I have never watched an episode of Doctor Who.
Where do I begin?
Is the first season a good start or id there a better season?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ElAkFFamLf4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

If you want a good standalone episode to introduce you to the series then I'd suggest Tooth and Claw (s2e2) or Blink (s3e10). Otherwise starting from the first season is the way to go imo.

read the wiki for the first half of season 1 and start with The Empty Child

I started with the movie from 1996 and continued with the new series from 2005. You could watch some classics here and here to get feel of the history but it's up to you. Don't make it a chore.

Series 1 (2005) episode "Rose" is an excellent starting point if you've never seen the show before.

The first season of 2005 is pretty top tier. The Tennant era is mostly good. Smith has a lot more variety in terms of good and bad, it can be really good but it can be a real let down as well - it was late Smith era where the show began to make really nice build ups only to fall flat and be generally dissapointing. Capaldi era has been shit and I dropped it after about 1,5 seasons.

> Capaldi era has been shit
objectively wrong, apart from Eccleston's run it's been the best part of NuWho by far

Watch the 2 stand alone Peter Cushing movies. They're not part of the main continuity.

The main continuity is too big for a newbie. Even if you don't watch old Who before the guy in your pic, it's still many years of episodes/special episodes/audio episodes and many spin-offs series.

Besides, Peter Cushing rocks.

Doctor who is shit dont watch it. And boardies stay out of our general

youtube.com/watch?v=ElAkFFamLf4

Like others have said start with series one, but know that series 2 is the worst of the ten.

you faggots should stay out of my board

Start with Season 1, it introduces the shows whole concept. The show is very episodic with loose season-long arcs, so you can check out odd episodes from different seasons if you want.

10?

wtf?

NuWho isn't even the best Who. You're missing out.

series 1 2005 up till series 5 (2010), maybe series 6

a lot of stuff even in that chunk of the show is pretty bad, but at least its watchable and often throws out some god tier episodes

most of the moffat era has been pretty bad and not worth paying attention to

Yes start with season one.
Hartnell is best Doctor.

I did this too. When I got to s4 or so I started watching old who episoded. One or two serials per Doctor.

The concept is quite good and the Doctor as a character is great, but both old and nu who are very hit/miss.

You start from An Unearthly Child
NuWho is fine but if you really want to dive deep you start from the beginning

start with a good episode like Blink, or The Empty Child or something and if you like that then start watching from season 1 of nuwho up to season 10 (the latest season).

If you still want more than watch some of the better classic serials.

>Weebshit

Nah, you don't get to have an opinion.

vincent is really good, listen as well. then if you can start from rose, enjoy the ride!

There is no "continuity" in Dr Who. You can watch pretty much any story from any era in any order. They are all self contained science fiction stories (or fantasy stories, in the case of 2005 onward) linked only by the main character being an eccentric asexual time travelling pedophile and some recurring iconic monsters. There is no overarching story or character arcs and no prior knowledge is required to understand any of it.

Listen was utter trash, there wasn't even any point to it other than "Special Snowflake Clara goes to Gallifrey to get involved in the Doctor's past once again"

An Unearthly Child is a good start.

Fear Her is a solid 7/10 episode, start there

Do not watch any of it. It's a terrible show.

this, its apparent.

I'd start at the last episode then work your way back.

Seeing how autistic people watching this are, i am quite glad i have never saw it.

old Doctor Who is 90% shit. There are some decent episodes, but most of them are just the Doctor running around corridors, getting caught before the cliffhanger, only to escape and get caught again 20 minutes later. Occasionaly he visits the same quarry or a forrest that plays all of the planets.

the acting is shite as well. With the exception of the actors playing the Doctor (which are all great) and some of the companions, virtually all of the secondary characters are Tommy Wisseau tier.

Lol

Watch the weeping angels episode and don't bother with the rest of it. There is no reason to watch it if you're not English and/or a sperg.

watch the seasons with david tenant and then matt smith and then stop

everything else is trash

i hate how they kept bringing up race in every episode this season and had the whole "gender" thing in the penultimate yesterday
I liked this season so far but that was so annoying