Am I one of the only ones who never found the Cosby show to be funny...

Am I one of the only ones who never found the Cosby show to be funny? I remember that shit coming on Nick at Nite long ago, and rolling my eyes, but I would grin and bare i. I think I eventually saw all episodes of that trash. I think there was only one or two episodes where I laughed, I think one was a thanksgiving episode and the other was something about his son's learning disorder.

But why was this show so popular? Why do people brag about that as the "black" comedy, instead of say the Jeffersons. The Jeffersons was leagues above The Cosby show in humor, Mother Jefferson was the best.

Oldfag here, my parents used to watch it when I was a kid, but I was always bored with it. I thought Fresh Prince was funnier.

humor is hard

many of the humor you might not get because you will never understand what its like to grow up black or perhaps have low interaction with black people

the cosby show was about showing niggers they can also live like whites if they put their minds to it. it was more like a fantasy show than a comedy

Im 40 and never found thst nigger to be funny.

jefferson's audience was niggers
cosby show's audience was white people+niggers

Most of it was too preachy and not funny. Example is the episode where Bill finds pot in Cleo's history book and it turns out that it's his friends. It's one long preachy episode.

Jefferson was actually funny, Cosby never was funny. Most black shows suc... Living color, Martin (how that shit last past oine episode is beyond me), Good Times, Sanford and Son, Cosby.

It was just very bland and nobody had a character outside of their role in the family.

A lot of sitcoms suffered from the same problem where they had large casts but nobody had a personality.

>Jefferson was actually funny
It was pure garbage, and I can't understand how someone thought this spinoff was a good idea.

Black guy here, Cosby show just wasn't funny imo.
Yeah actually this. It was more about displaying a wealthy black family than comedy.
This is where you're wrong and that other guy wa right. You just have to be black to get those shows.

Fresh prince is the GOAT black comedy show

>Am I one of the only ones who never found the Cosby show to be funny?

It was a wholesome black sitcom, in a time where wholesome sitcoms were extremely popular.
A wealthy black family with good values? During a time of civil rights problems?
Headlined by a comedy great?

And you wonder why it was popular?

Cosby show wasn't hilariously funny, but it was enjoyable to watch. One might even say it was comfy

Chappelle's show, Boondocks season 1, and the Fresh Prince were the best black shows.

>One might even say it was comfy
Yeah this. I didn't laugh at it nearly as much as I did for Three's Company, but I usually enjoyed watching it.

>many of the humor

Jesus

It's not just the Cosby Show, it's most 80's sitcoms.

They had laugh tracks and starred comedians but they were just not funny. Sometimes the laugh track would come in after a random phrase was said, it was not even a joke. But there was laughing.

Didn't the Cosby show have an overwhelming majority white audience?

Is it his show that always ended with him telling his kid some story that had nothing to do with anything and his kid said something "what does that IN THE WORLD have to do with anything? I swear it was Cosby but I could never find any scene like this

the very first episode where he had the little fat white kid on his knee was pretty funny. The events of the episode also recalled his stand up from the genuinely funny concert film "Bill Cosby: Himself"
every other episode was pure shit

>how come when i was a booger eating 6 year old i didnt get humor made for adults
gee op, i dunno

80s era sitcoms were not really about nonstop humor, they were more about showing off some perfectly well adjusted family that always gets along always getting along each week. They never had real problems and everything was great at the end of each episode.

People just watched them to feel better not for laughing at comedy antics.

CAN ANYONE FUCKING ANSWER ME