L O S T

At what point did you realise the show was in trouble?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gzSXaeMDjjw
youtube.com/watch?v=9JGjYTuraLw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

When Jin watched Michael fuck Sun in the hatch

Nikki and Paulo

the only thing I remember of this show is "Dude you have pieces of Arzt on you"

I stopped watching at about the end of S2.

You made a good decision. It's all downhill from there, save for a couple of good scenes.

no

What?

whenever they discovered another group of people that had allrady been on the island, I remember chatting to a friend saying 'the others' and they told me that by now, they had discovered even more groups of 'the others'.

i turned on an episode that had locke digging into some impenetrable underground bunker and just dropped it, it was absolutely not the show that I remembered from the first few episodes

I really hated the direction they took with "the others". They worked so much better as a ghost-like group of tribal people. It ruined the mystique for me when we found out they were a somewhat civilised bunch of people living in the dharma facilities.

Were the whispers in the jungle ever explained?

I have no recollection of this.

The show never recovered from Season 5.

Season 4. I could tell they were never going to answer anything and they were just going to keep asking fucking questions

Yes. They were the ghosts of the island dead who "couldn't move on."

year 4,
the end was shit,
all worth it for desmons timeslip episode

That question assumes the show was ever in trouble, which is false.

> pleb answer
Season 4 is the best one, my man.

Any tl;dr ? I stopped at S2.

Defending...
>the horrible drop in production values
>the time travel - dude we're in the 70s now LMAO
>characters being written out because their respective actors committed minor offences
>the donkey wheel
>the "sideways" flashes
>the arbitrary list of rules between Jacob and MiB
>le magic evil-preventing cork

as soon as the time traveling started

I would not chance a thing
/thread

During the last minute of S6 EP18

well s5 and s6 are worse than the previous ones, i'm admitting this as a fan. although s5 is okay, as for s6, i failed to make myself rewatch it after completing the rest of the show. only the ending holds the quality level

Season 6 when locke is revealed to be dead for real and that this locke was the black darkness thing.

I loved every part and it's my favorite show but the final season is admittedly weaker

>'thread/'ing your own post

This is the kind of scum that think LOST was good until the end.

the ending still makes me mad

fucking 2 old men punching each other is not a finale

second season

It still makes me mad that Kate ended up shooting him and saying a wickedly terrible Post-Kill Epic One Liner. Fuck, the final episode was just riddled with tropes. It was so awful.

the final moments were brilliant though. impossible to hold tears

When they introduced the John Lennon character in the last season

It makes me mad that the asians died together instead of him making the father leaving her so their kid is raised by at least one parent.

I had hope the whole way as well.

I think that all the post-Others plotlines are absolute dogshit and season 6 wasn't that bad a way to end the atrocity that was season 5 (and 4 to a lesser extent). The first 3 seasons have nothing to do with space travel-ancients-protecting the island shenanigans

Never, though Cate and Jack dropped from 11/10 to 6/10 which was sad, but at least Jack's character remained great.

It does suck that people who hate lost are so vocal about it, i just want to have comfy appreciation instead of people going IF IT'S NOT SHIT WHY WON'T YOU DEFEND IT??? CHECKMATE

It's a futile struggle but as always I will post this stuff

youtube.com/watch?v=gzSXaeMDjjw

youtube.com/watch?v=9JGjYTuraLw

This answered most of my questions and made a lot of sense.
Was there ever a case that known was more interesting that unknown?

>At what point did you realise the show was in trouble?

The final season, with all the annoying and stupid flash-sideways, meant it was clear that the writers had absolutely intention of explaining anything about the Island, (as they had pulled it all out of their asses as they went along...) which is all anybody cared about.

>Nikki and Paulo

Was a great episode, and Lost should have done more occasional background characters episodes like that.

There's a difference between the answering questions and providing satisfying answers. The show ventured into all kinds of shit. S1, and to a degree S2 and S3, felt thematically close-knit. Like everything that happened, happened for a reason. As the show went on it introduced weaker characters, weaker plot lines and became less compelling in virtually every way. But I'll always like LOST because S1 is still one of the greatest seasons of television ever made. In hindsight it looked liked they'd decided on an ending somewhere in the middle of the show and then S4, 5 and 6 was just contrived filler to pad out the story before eventually reaching that point.

When was the horrible drop in production value?

I would say Seasons 1 and 2 are great, season 3 is good and season 4 is watchable and could have been a good ending if done right.

When the island started traveling through time it became bad. The whole 70s plotline is horrible thinking back on it, especially the part where half the characters randomly disappear off a plane in mid air and end up on the ground 30 years back.

>When was the horrible drop in production value?

All of the effects dropped in quality. The smoke monster began to look like absolute shit. I'm sure someone ITT will have that submarine gif.

Season 5.

Ghosts who had a knowledge of the group's lives before the island?

They went through season 3 with no solid idea when it was going to end and then negotiated with ABC to do 48 more episodes. This was broken into 3 seasons for money reasons. Then the writers strike happened and things went to shit. The new crew (Frank, Miles, Charlotte, Daniel) were each supposed to get their own episodes to close out season 4. Instead we got the 1 episode were each character got a couple of scenes. They missed a great opportunity to expand on some of the mythology.

Season 5 is when it all went to hell. The writers quit caring about what they had set up in previous seasons. Sure, Danielle doesn't remember the one Korean guy on the island or the guy who stole her baby. They go back to the 70's and fucking Horace is in charge? Really? And another squandered chance to address the mythology.

Then the shitshow that is season 6. They create a bullshit sideflash story line to maintain the mystery and give people a touchy feely ending. At least 1/3 of showtime was wasted that could have been spent answering questions. The weight of all character deaths was nullified because 10 second later you see them alive in well. Jin and Sun die an neither says "hey we have a daughter, Jin/I should live." Another user touched on the made up rules between Samuel and Jacob. The island is the keeper of light bullshit...

How I think it should have gone down: The island is the nexus point for exotic matter spots all over the globe. If something happens to the island, all those points erupt. No magical light bullshit. They use Desmond to lure Samuel/Smokey above on of those points on the island and detonate it. They set this up when Desmond was brought to the island and tested but I don't know why they abandoned it.

When there was a fucking Polar bear that was never explained at all.

I'm rewatching the show, the effects always where dogshit, the smoke being the most noticeable.

>The island is the nexus point for exotic matter spots all over the globe. If something happens to the island, all those points erupt. No magical light bullshit.

how is this any different? Because it's "scientific" it's suddenly interesting?

>. Jin and Sun die an neither says "hey we have a daughter, Jin/I should live."

Jin didn't know his daughter, he spent the whole show refinding his wife and he chose to stay with his wife.

>The weight of all character deaths was nullified because 10 second later you see them alive in well

Yeah i guess that was confusing but they weren't "alive and well" and to be fair I don't remember most of the deaths but jack closing his eyes for the last time did make me feel things.

Top quality bait, I am sure someone will fall for it.

When the hatch and the button ended up being a nothing burger.

The polar bear was originally linked to Walt. As if he conjured it based on the comic he was reading. They mostly abandoned the Walt was special story line, bringing it back briefly in season 2. When they brought in the Dharma initiative that is how the polar bear was explained.

So? I know that, i was talking about the special effects.

>characters being written out because their respective actors committed minor offences

Explain.

I used to hate lost ending but after watching The Leftovers LOST is a fucking masterpiece compared to "DUDE LET THE MYSTERY BE LMAO"

police chick was drunk driving and died because of that (on the show)

What was the reason behind it? I've completely forgotten. Was it just brought over by the Dharma guys?

season 5 is where the show completely fell apart because that was the season where they had to actually start answering some questions about the island. the scene where faradays mother explains how the island moves and scientists discovering pockets of electromagnetism was so fucking clunky and half assed.

the other scene that complete ruined this show is the scene where juliet explains to some of the characters what ethan was doing when he kidnapped claire. this was the scene when i realized any answer they give to all the mysteries on the island would be eye rolling horse shit

>build up Walt for 2 seasons
>drop his storyline because the actor grew too big/old in size
>not using this incredible growth spurt as part of your time travel storyline

>Greatest show of all time
>In trouble

Haha

yes nigga they show the empty cage in one of the episodes

walt growing up too fast was just an excuse to drop his story. it's a tv show, literally no one would care about this. they just had no clue what to do with him so they just dropped it and told everyone he grew up too fast.

this

Ana Lucia was fucking annoying anyway though. Also, Michael killing her and Libby was one of the best moments in the show purely because of shock value.

The first 3 seasons are great.

It goes gradually downhill from there, getting progressively worse. Worst of all is when you realize the writers had no plan, not only with these background mysteries and subplots, but even with the main plot.

Ana Lucia was the worst character in the entire show though

I agree. It also made no sense to me why a group of civilized people would go to such great lengths to pretend that they were mysterious and tribal. I feel like Jack would have been more willing to perform Ben's spinal surgery if Ben and the rest of the Others had been more upfront from the start.

Season 2 was pure kino, Desmond and Eko were the best characters on the show

And the entire premise of the bunker and the climax with desmond, eko and locke was amazing

lindelof learned a lot writing lost and changed his tactics for the leftovers. he realized that if you tell everyone upfront that nothing will ever be explained and 'let da mystery b' then he can do whatever the hell he wants and retards will praise it

I like how it never occurred to them that the kid playing Walt, who was implied to be special and intergral to the greater plot in season 1, might hit a growth spurt in puberty and fuck with their in-show timeline.

2>1>3>4>6>5

the growth thing is an excuse, stop buying into that crap. the kids in game of thrones all hit growth spurts, no one really cared, and they continued making the show.

I think that's a great example of a disappointing, unsatisfying resolution to one of the mysteries. The theories that people were coming up with on message boards and forums were usually far more interesting than what we got.

i think they explained why they brought the polar bears over in a webisode or something. the dharma guys were training the polar bears to turn the wheels, they used polar bears because they thought the exit point was in antarctica. something like that, i dont remember exactly

>that fucking nonsense in the later seasons
>great

'no'

Was that a disappointment? It was a pretty good explanation for why there were polar bears on and Island in the Pacific ocean. Some scientists were studying cognitive abilities of them there. There were really hurried and rushed and hurried answers like the whispers and the numbers but the show was never about getting the answers anyway

>the dharma guys were training the polar bears to turn the wheels

Really?

gullible faggot

No they weren't. The were testing the effects of the island on their cognitive behavior. It is implied that they used one to use the wheel, because Charlotte found the dharma collar in the desert with the polar bear skeleton not to far from where ben and locke appeared

Is there any good episodes post-S3?

Many people claim The Constant to be the best episode in LOST.

When it went from a show focussing on the interrelations between plane crash survivors, who landed on an island, to a mystic spooky show

You're implying that the writers had a plan.

The goddamn Cylons had more of a Plan than the LOST writers.

Yeah, literally every episode of Season 4, you plebian retard.

Generation Z faglings will never know what it was like when LOST aired. Nothing on television has since come even close to recapturing that same feeling.

The Constant The Shape Of Things to Come Cabin Fever Some Like it Hoth Happily ever After The Candidate The End

>Some Like it Hoth
GTFO

Someone please post the submarine.

That feeling had dissipated by s4/5.

It was just a goofy fun episode with a decent self contained narrative with a good emotional payoff at the end.

Is there a fan made recut of the whole show that's KINO?
Fans should be allowed to recut shows that were lindelof'ed or ruined by showrunners who lost their cool.

Imagine Dexter recut.

Does such a thing exist?

Absolutely ever character introduced after Desmond and Eko was shit-tier and a big part of why the show became so flat.

This one?

Posting verticals.

Ben was god tier until they neutered him in s5. Miles and Frank were both pretty good, Juliette too