Post absurd behind the scenes shots of special effects scenes pre-special effects work

Post absurd behind the scenes shots of special effects scenes pre-special effects work.

embarrassing

george....

kek

OK, I kek'd

kekarino!

this wasn't actually scripted, Ben Affleck was legitimately trying to snatch this kid while no one was looking but the cameras were still rolling, Snyder just CGI'd some concrete falling to make him look like a hero.

What was he thinking ?

tippity top kekkles

I wonder how they shot that scene where he's hanging upside down taking down that orc army.

that whole scene looked 100% CGI, so i imagine it probably was.

"I really hope they don't cut me out of the movie"

To be fair, I couldn't even tell that scene in Avengers was CGI. Probably one of the most iconic super hero movie shots ever

Ben Affleck is one devout muslim.

too bad the rest of the movie is so shit

what was his endgame?

DELET THIS The Hobbit films look dope

Who woke up The Gimp?

Green Screen man should be the next capeshit superstar.

please refer to him by his proper name
bin al-fleeki

Jesus christ.

Eh, it's not the best but definitely in the top 5 marvel movies. But I rank age of ultron above it so that probably tells you my taste

fucking Skyrim with a handful of mods looks better than this shit

"top 5 marvel movies" is about as meaningful as "top 5 mcdonald's burgers"

>liking Age of Ultron at all
yikes

Contributing

turned out pretty cool, though

The actual special effects were just as absurd

how come there's no webm of the wolverine orgins workprint

The CG in BvS was surprsingly sublime.

Why are their faces all the same?

>that part where the "elves" jump over them and start clipping through the orcs

Because BotFA was 'made' mostly during the post production period. They had no idea what to put in the movie so it's 80% ridiculous action scenes.

Thought it was Tommy Wiseau

>bin al-fleeki

i got a laf

help, someone who is smarter than me make a robert downey jr. joke out of this

Why did his head look like CGI in the final movie if it was literally the only real thing in the shot?

HAHA. Epic. Absolutely epic

>Directed by Zack Snyder
Of course it was. Snyder is the king of visuals

Thor descending like he should be sitting on a crescent moon during a Broadway musical always makes me chuckle

Hope you're joking. Look at the copy and pasted dwarf faces

WTF. It's not like dressing up a hundred extra people and having the Jedi actually mock-fight them would have been difficult. The idiot Lucas just had to do his little tech demo, didn't he?

>George, I was in World War 2. I've seen actual people dying. Why am I doing this? Where are the Nazis?

%%hot%%

Can I get the basic rundown on this guy?

kek

I would frame this as a painting. It's like a fucking Rembrandt.

I thought the Batman/Superman fight was a pretty well done combination of CGI and practical but Doomsday was fucking awful.

A P O L O G I Z E

Because they had to digitally insert it into the CGI costume and then add the lighting/shadows so it looked as if he was really inside it.

NHHHHHHGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

It's so dense. Every single image has so many things going on.

Why didn't they just put closed helmets on them?

>TW-TW-TW-TWENTY SIXTEEN

>looping gif
>still hoping i can see up that skirt

Cap did a pretty sweet flip before that part too.

>It's not like dressing up a hundred extra people and having the Jedi actually mock-fight them would have been difficult.

But all they'd do is stand there all in green pretending to shoot guns at the Jedi until they got hit with a lightsaber and walked off-set.

Age of Ultron was fucking terrible but that flip Cap does is the coolest shit and always makes me grin whenever I'm reminded of it

that's stunt double

oh shit...

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

TERRIBLE GEORGE

Practical>CGI. Yes I know LotR has some shit CGI

Whats george doing? Is he autistic?

He's teaching the niglet how to walk

He is stylistically designed to be that way, and you can't undo that.

my fucking sides

It was a different time...

i always thought he was an autist desu

I want a "wolverine work print" version of the entire star wars trilogy

We could not handle that.

that's actually somewhat impressive to know he was actually balancing and not just jumping around on the spot

He was fitting his PTSD

He's telling a brotha how to swag, give him some credit

lovely

Lord almighty

Was this the moment he wondered how his life had been laid so low?

So I wasn't the only one who noticed the disembodied eyes and mouths around Legolas' feet?

Hes being held up by a string... but youre probably a lardass murriburger, so youd find it impressive anyway.

B-B-BUT THE PREQUELS ARE KINO! D:

>dat projecting
have an upboat :)

we think alike user...

no need to get mad, sweetie. Im sure your mummy still loves you

T H I S

One must wonder what was going through his head at this precise moment.

In how much detail did george go into to make these actors do exactly what he imagined? How do you tell someone to do every single action perfectly, when there's nothing real to aim for, when there's no indication of when something should be done until George tells you to?

>How do you tell someone to do every single action perfectly

He didn't. He just told them to pretend they were fighting bad guys and had the CG wizards fill them in based on the actors' motions.

Keep in mind, these were the frontier days of CGI, people were still figuring things out. A lot of the prequel's CGI looks shitty, but it's easy to forget that that's in part because George was blazing some trails here. Sure, he's a hack. But at least he was a forward-thinking hack.

He just told them to go around looking like they were fighting some stuff and they'd figure it out later