Fargo season 3

so what went wrong ?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Sb814rfwOOE
youtube.com/watch?v=UTK8torOylM
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wandering_Jew
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Nicki didn't get her revenge because of some nig state trooper

vargas or danny rand was a complete joke. The worst aspects of Malvo and the Negro gangster from s2. Every time he came on screen it was like changing the channel to a bugs bunny cartoon. Not to mention his silly sidekicks.

Noah trying too hard to be intelligent and make meaningful art, just like what happened with Mr Robot S2, Twin Peaks s3, American Gods,

Nothing, very enjoyable season, I loved it and consider it better than season one but lower than season two.

Everyone who thinks different is a massive pleb and should be gassed immediately.

squandered the god tier 9 episode set up (especially episode 8) for a "wink wink sometimes shit happens and the world isnt what you think" moment that renders nikki emmit sy and gloria's arcs useless

still 7/10 season overall

ep 8 was amazing ep 9 was a huge let down thought it was building up to something crazy like the end of season 1 till I saw ep 9 ep 10 was still great though

>tasteless neckbeards cannot appreciate good dialogue and acting the thread

pls euthanize yourselves

ep 10 started off very strong but then quickly fell off starting at the nikki death scene. would have been a great scene except it completely nullified all the build up of the season and ray wise in the bowling alley. if they had to have her go like that, it should have either a) been gloria that killed her, who then went after varga or b) not had the ray wise interaction from episode 8

>pseud thinks anything with a slow pace and subversive storytelling is intelligent and artistic.

nobody criticizes those elements of this show ever you retard, because they are always consistently good. it's not even worth mentioning. it's like saying fargo has great camera work or a great soundtrack. no shit

She died because she fucked up trying to get Varga and decided to go after Emmit instead. That's why she forgot the verse. She failed, and that's why she died.

the reason she died is blindingly obvious. the choice to have that happen is what is stupid

Best character right here

I liked it. She got what she deserved for trying to blackmail someone else and killing someone. She got her chance of redemption and failed.
Only thing I don't like is Emmit getting shot. He deserved a second chance.

nah Mike Milligan was better

youtube.com/watch?v=Sb814rfwOOE

getting her chance at redemption and failing is the stupid part. that was her entire arc, and it went nowhere. sleezy criminal girl who we think is just using ray to get the money turns into girl who actually really loved ray and was just looking after him turns into girl avenging his death...oh except in the end she kills a cop and dies failing. no arc at all. thats why i said it was just in service of the "wink wink bad shit happens sometimes that you cant explain" theme of the finale and not in service of making her a good character

i also though emmit getting shot was pointless. he had even less of an arc than nikki. he started out as a bumbling good natured business man that got seduced by someone evil, but never fully sinks into evil nor rises back up to redeem himself. he just goes away and cries to his wife then he dies. fucking boring

Are you me?

The last episode didn't ruin the show, but it failed to deliver on the promise of the rest of the season. Poor/pointless resolutions to a lot of the threads and a complete dropping of others. As an episode it was still on par with the others in terms of acting, cinematography, etc., but the story just wasn't there.

It's fine if other people liked it but I'm tired of people saying stuff like "you just don't GET it, man" or "you just need everything spoonfed to you" but that's BS. I understand that Hawley was intentionally telling an anti-story but that doesn't make it good just because it was intentional. "Haha, my joke has no punchline! Now appreciate how well I fooled you into thinking my joke had a point!" A lot of people are tripping over themselves to show how "zen" they are and how they'd appreciate any story just because "that's the story the creators wanted to tell." That's an incredibly low bar for writing standards.

Again, the last episode didn't ruin the whole season or anything. It had a lot of aspects to appreciate and the season in general was good. The ending was just a missed opportunity.

this season was just dark the others was dark & funny

Thread: The story just didn't pan out. Still a good season, though.

You: "WHAT A BUNCH OF PLEBS DIDN'T APPRECIATE THE ACTING"

Hey, dude, criticizing the writing is not equal to criticizing the acting. Everyone knows the acting is great so there's no need to go out of your way to praise it when the more relevant discussion point is the writing.

shouldn't have killed scoot
a bumblefuck among bumblefucks

it had its moments but at the end of the day it was actually just a garbage season. it was downright just not enjoyable like season 1 and 2 were.

Everything about the ending was dumb as fuck outside of not knowing the fate of Varga. Nikki shouldn't have died and Emmit shouldn't have died. Everything before that was good though.

Twin peaks is the best thing on tv by a wide margin user. Comparing it to capeshit like american gods is telling of your intelligence

this show hasnt been good since season 1

>The world. The world is wrong. It looks like my world, but everything’s different.

Sy did nothing wrong and didn't deserve anything that happened to him

Shitty villain, shitty protagonist, no retribution for protagonist, too much symbolism again, thin characters...

You're nowhere near as smart as you think you are.

it's like Hawley was so in love with the anticlimactic ending of No Country For Old Men he has to do some version of it in every season finale

going into a coma and getting brain damaged/paralyzed seemed excessively cruel, I don't get why his arc petered out in such a depressing way

I mean at some point you have to blame yourself. A good chunk of it is his fault.
Not to say he deserved to be turned into a cripple though.

So what is he an angel or some shit?

youtube.com/watch?v=UTK8torOylM

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I think this season had 2 major issues:
>Gloria doesn't feel as part of the main plot as much as the main police character did in the other seasons, plus it seems like she only advanced in the case when it was handed to her (Emmit confessing and the IRS call)
>The ending was lackluster, all the action in episode 10 should've been at episode 9. It almost felt like they ran out of time to complete character arcs

> The ending was lackluster, all the action in episode 10 should've been at episode 9. It almost felt like they ran out of time to complete character arcs
This is every Fargo finale though.

season 2 was better though

the finales of both the previous seasons have been great. just because s2e10 wasnt action packed doesnt mean it isnt an excellent conclusion to the story

Maybe it was a Big Lebowski reference

Not really, the episodes with the most action in the previous seasons weren't episode 10.

it took a bunch of interesting characters and decided to do nothing with them

>Yuri will never wreck your boihole

why live

He's supposedly the Wandering Jew.

Read a book you nigger.

I dunno, I liked Varga.

>so what went wrong ?
nothing comes to mind quickly
it was pretty good

He was effective on me.
When I first saw him I thought he was a patsy or a trick or something. He looked like some homeless guy they threw in a cheap suit and I mistook him being elusive as him not knowing anything.

there was nothing to avenge with emitt
the glass thing was an accident and just as much rays fault as emitts

s2 > s1 > s3

disagree = reddit

S1 is superior to S2. Remember that S2 ended with that Hanzee plastic surgery "bridging le gap between past and present" bullshit

not enough scenes of MEW to fap to.

He didn't explain it and she was mad and probably would've believed it to be his fault anyways for leading to it.
She already hated Emmit. She already blamed him for ruining his life. She blamed him for the things Sy did.
Really them listening to Sy and Nikki is what made their feud become so much worse.
>They could've been brothers again if Nikki didn't HAVE to be a gross cunt.
>Sy HAD to be a complete asshole and act as though it were Emmit's exact wishes

I wanted Emmit to explain to her that is was an accident and that he didn't mean to do it. He would cry and get on his knees in the middle of the road and shit.
And she would accept his apology, understand that Varga had been fucking everything all along, and she would just leave and go after Varga again.

Guys, GUYS. I think I know how to make the next season great!

>have this somewhat innocent man getting caught in the middle of a crazy the drama and mix-ups of the Fargo cartel
>have him go to extreme lengths and come strong but morally corrupted out of it
>a totally incompetent police force with only one good cop, preferably a woman
>chief of police is a massive moron
>add one symbolic thing that leaves the viewer thinking WTF
>add two somewhat incompetent henchmen employed by Fargo
>main villain is an intellectual who goes on lengthy monologues

Rate my pitch, guys.

The focus more on actors and not on writing.

But she did.

The quote she was given and spoke was twofold. She murdered that criminal with Ray. She was unjust and was killed for it and the events drove Mr. Wrench to kill Emmit.

Ewan McGregor fucking nailed this part.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wandering_Jew

>Hanzee plastic surgery
that's just a theory that reddit made up

seems like shit, unlike season 2

>It's just a theory

Did you even watch the show?

I found it funnier than previous seasons until about halfway through, when people start dying.
The whole McGregor vs McGregor feud was funny

(MEW)

the henchmen were awful, but still better than le mute jewish twins

>asian guy listens to classical music during a combat situation

the show was decent to watch but shows the state of TV desu. Just random references and quotes to sound deep and the interesting scenes are pretty much ripped from old movies and TV

yuri was the best henchman of all 3 seasons and that's an objective fact

Nothing. You plebs just don't appreciate art.

Nothing went wrong. Plebs got filtered.

no thanks tucker, I hear enough dude russia lmao on every other TV channel
>police being too scared to raise their voice or their gun when threatened by trackpants man

on another note I feel like the TV series has too many jewish references in it and caricatures of what they think white people are like. The movie was much more genuine and relatable

The issue with season 3 was that unlike season 1-2 where Molly and Lou gave the cop angle some much needed charisma you had Gloria who was flat and a boss who was a asshole but didn't really have a reason to be a asshole, unlike season 1 and 2.

> Mr. Wrench

Holy fuck I had completely forgotten about this character from season 1.

Basically this. S3 was pure kino

>Nothing went wrong.
explain Chief Moe Dammik and how he wasn't wrong.

They chose to go back to being like Season 1 instead of Season 2.

Maybe that's the point in saying "this is. true story" cause there is no character arcs in real life, no ones perfect, people can get taken advantage of, or seek revenge or redemption or something, but it's not always going to turn out the way it does in movies.

Also can someone explain the point of the beginning of the season with it being in Russia, I forgot what the dialogue was really about, I just remembered they apparently captured the wrong man for a crime, and I saw someone pointed out the guy was wearing the same slippers as emmit

Yuri killed the girl the guy went to jail for.

Literally the only things season 1 and season 3 share are the close setting and female protag.

Chief Moe is the worst character in the show

>police being too scared to raise their voice or their gun when threatened by trackpants man

>Not understanding who that Police man was
It made sense. I just wish it was Moe instead.

Not disagreeing, by far the worse of any character who showed up for more then 1 episode in the entire run. Just curious on those who think season 3 is great to defend it.

It sets the arc of the seasoning - mis-identification.

I loved Season 3. but I'm not oblivious to its flaws. I think the biggest problem was having Gloria have so much screen time. Cut out 30% of her stuff and give it to the others would have made the season better

>plebs not realising Chief Moe worked for Varga

There's a chinese proverb, Mr. Stussy. "Swap children, make food".
You see, during the cultural revolution, the farmers had their grain confiscated by the Red Guard military. When they had to resort to cannibalism to survive, they found it easier to eat the children of others rather than their own.
Now, Mr Stussy, are you the grain or the children?

The main theme is Truth Vs Narrative. Thats what it set up. Identity was just a sub theme that I don't think actually went anywhere. Especially disappointing since they made Ray and Emmit Ewan(Not even twins) for no reason at this point.

he kinda plays it in the same way as in true detective and boardwalk empire

reminder that varga represents the show itself
>is shown eating three meals
>the first is a collection very beautiful foods, which he horks down and vomits back up into a complete mess

>the second is a pleasant family meal, nothing too special, but prepared well
>he horks down a ton of it and vomits up a complete mess

>the third is just short order cook, crap no one would really enjoy eating, but still not bad
>he vomits it back up into a complete mess

>three seasons of fargo
>three binge-purge sessions
>the first had the most to choose from
>the second was limited but still carefully prepared
>the third was just shoveled out, shoveled down, and vomited back up

Yeah but like, he was an obstacle with no payoff. Season 1 had Bob Odenkirk, but atleast he had a good reason. All Moe had was mashed potatoes

>Acting like fargo isn't one of the best TV shows from this decade or the last

user had an insightful explanation about that part (too). Also, it was East Berlin not Russia.

>I just remembered they apparently captured the wrong man for a crime

Yuri Gurka commited the crime, who became Varga's hitman 22 years later. Remember when the Wandering Jew mentioned Helga Albrecht in the bowling alley? She was the victim.

>Let me tell you about the winged Hussars, Emmet. They were the pride of Poland, an elite troop of horse riders who spread fear and destruction wherever they went. Then of course, in 1939 the Germans blitzed them with their tanks and their airplanes. The Poles had no choice but to live on horse meat

>lady shoes

Why did Varga have a picture of Stalin on his wall? He was obviously not a stalinist and was likely not a fan of it considering his plans, so what gives?

Varga posting should be the new baneposting tbqh

It won't work

too much effort required

He literally tels you who he is. Are you faggots even watching the show or just looking at your phone every 5 minutes and then complain when shit flies over your heads?

he's Leland Palmer

>Let me tell you something Varga, we used to be gorillas, there are no rules. Let me know if you're still an ape

What?

It's one of those, "here's the theme, guys" sort of things. The entire show is a personalized view of totalitarianism. The main 'villians' are all about imposing their will on certain individuals. Normally we see totalitarianism as some sort of abstract 'state'. Here we see it manifest in Varga, the new chief, the churn of the 1950's scifi film boom, etc.

The Stalin poster is the same sort of nudge, nudge signifier as the Russian and Chinese henchmen...it's like the last 10 minutes of Fincher's Gone Girl. It's only there in case you didn't get it already.

Do you know what power is, Mr Stussy? The jungle tribes of Cambodia have a way of choosing a new leader. They gather the strongest candidates and set them off into the jungle. Now, letting the people decide who to lead them is like letting a pig decide if it's to be bacon or ham. Instead the jungle chooses for them, the last man to return from the jungle is the new leader and indeed the most fit ruler.

nothing. it's pleb filter kino

Got it, thanks