Endtown 2016-07-06

In today's strip, the doc avoids pounding sand.

That guy will become crazy and then is going to try to kill them isn't?

that duck looked fucked.

Not after they go bowling

"Here" being Endtown or does that come later?

>Angry little doctor the fox was talking about

Well, looks like Farx predicted their arrival, not unsurprising...

also, the size of that duck will sure put an end to the stupid mallard theory though...

>it's not Endtown but a colony set up by APEX to capture mutants

the real Endtown is reached only after Walt's strike team liberates the camp at the last second

The arc feels slow, but it looks like now we're getting somewhere.

>Aaron sick and tired of all the creepy love letters he's been getting with every new character (Fox guy being the latest)

>creates Duck Buscemii in defiance of the furrys

But now this bring another question: both Mallard and that guy are ducks, but why they have different statures? How does mutation affects that aspect?

Somewhere stinky

that question actually exists since Wally/Flask

>mfw he still gets dick duck love letters regardless

His resistance only makes my penis harder!

True, I would like to know under what conditions that happens

I guess, If you are a fan of Steve Buscemi

>True, I would like to know under what conditions that happens

we will find out eventually, i actually asked Aaron a couple questions regarding this a long time ago, basically mutations are NOT random and there are many factors taken into a cont during mutation, he wasn't more specific but did say that we will find out what the criteria is eventually in the story.

Read the Flask flashback, she flat out states that she was caught between worlds and we know that mental state directly affects mutation.

>It's the start of Endtown
>We're gonna get to see the rampant cases of Schism syndrome that plagued the town early on

>basically mutations are NOT random and there are many factors taken into a cont during mutation

well, we can assume that personality plays a role... Wally being a loner like a cat, Holly is skittish like a mouse, Kirbee simple-minded like a lizard... is this the train of thought Aaron intends for us to follow?

If personality plays a role in first generation mutants, what about the second generation mutants? Does the animal they born as defines their personality?

perhaps the mutation affects the personality afterwards... maybe it is only taken into account during the change?

It could be, after all many things that first generation mutants suffer are just a thing of that generation, like hybrids as Copper and I think it's pretty much confirmed that mutant kids can't suffer from Schism sindrome

>Kirbee simple-minded like a lizard

I'm surprised she didn't mutate into a sloth

This omniscence bothers me a bit. I wonder if he wasn't a part of some bigger system...

Oracle?

>I think it's pretty much confirmed

that is not exactly evidence

Sloths are just slow.

Didn't sloths were super easily to piss off? Or those were the koalas?

The koalas are always pissed off when not high on eucalyptus.

koalas exist in a state of perpetual high because of how toxic eucalyptus is.

if they are not high, it's because they are starving

and a starving koala is an angry koala.

I fucking told you guys that was Mallard. But noooo, I was 'wrong'. get fucked.

>still thinking that it's Mallard

>Linda getting high with kirbee
>You have to try some of this shit
>hands kirbee an eucalyptus joint

>eucalyptus

I think you mean bamboo

Those are the pandas mate

You sure?

Are you petending to be retarded for some reason?

>bamboo

Just asking a question, mang. Not all of us are from China

you are using the internet right now, you could have searched koala in seconds.

you have no excuse.

>"But how do you call "this place"?"
>"Welcome... to Endtown."

This is general knowledge and it's even more well known than koalas and eucalyptus.

Sure, okay, but you talk like it is common knowledge.

but it is you stupid faggot

Well, it really isn't, is it? I didn't know it. But really, there ain't no need to be THAT mean.

We learned this stuff in grade school, mang. You may as well be surprised that whales aren't fish.

I do not remember a class on that. I never studied ecology. But whatever. I learned something today and that should be praised, not scorned.

>You may as well be surprised that whales aren't fish.

are you asking us to praise you for you learning that koalas eat eucalyptus instead of bamboo?

kek, even Flask herself mentions it when Linda mutates.

Just saying dont be so mean. Some people had different school lessons. Not all of your knowledge is 'common knowledge'. You learn that when you get older.

Not sure if serious but yeah, whales are mammals like us.

See . You really have NO excuse so I think this must be some old school trolling.

>Not sure if serious but yeah, whales are mammals like us.

i was kidding user.

>like us.

Speak for yourself, normie.

which Endtown waifu is your favorite, user?

Take a guess

Why? So you can make some mean comment about some sort of demeaning correlation that you make up on the spot? No thanks. Oh, and the idea of waifus is stupid. I like a lot of the characters.

You don't have to pick a waifu to receive some manner of demeaning comment, you oversensitive cocksucker. We're equal opportunity.

Seems like you are angry I caught on to your little game there. Don't worry, I am the forgiving type. No, I am not

Duck is going to die, isn't he?

Also Holly is taking kinda well losing her child and husband. And turning into a cartoon mouse. Maybe she didn't have time to think about it.

>Also Holly is taking kinda well losing her child and husband.

i got the feeling this arc stopped being about Holly since Farx showed up...

>Duck is going to die, isn't he?

No. He is going to be conked on the head and turn into the Mallard we know today.

Its a mess.

>Its a mess.

i mean it's slow and i wish we could move on faster but i wouldn't call it a mess of an arc, definitely not better than unity, but not bad either...

Yeah, it really feels weird that she went from having a breakdown to being mostly functional just from being "shaken out of it" by Doc.

Then again, maybe that was the start of her repressing everything. She went into "Survival"/"Don't-think-about-it" mode and never really left. Perhaps her time in the tower will be mostly her trying to avoid thinking about both her past and her present and it only ends when she accepts her present, but unfortunately she still leaves her past unresolved...

never understood how people can be so impatient with Endtown.. must be because of being able to binge 7 years worth of comics and then suddenly forced to wait for updates. Honestly, 3 new pages a week blows most more popular webcomics out of the water.

It is not fucking impatience. it is that fact this story arc right now is jumbled up. There is not main character it focuses on. It used to focus on Holly, but that was ages ago. Then the jumps with Wally. Then, and this takes the fucking cake, Holly and Doc just 'happen' to have the best of luck when running into Marx thus saving them from doom.

Inconsistencies. No clear plot line. Stupid convenience. And character assassination coupled with out of character actions.

Somebody is full of himself.

Um, If anything I am being aggressive.

This dude is being defensive. And biased too, but whatever

let's not turn into poppy/prequel threads, discuss, don't bash...

i can agree with conveniences, but it's marx so of fucking course, that;s why everyone hates him, but i dissagre with everything else you said, specially about the plot line being unclear.

Farx only appeared by a few panels and he quickly left. It's no big deal, he was just a tool to give us a hint of what is really going on.

>specially about the plot line being unclear

The reason why I brought that point up is because the main reason this flashback was shown to us was for Holly. With the last couple of pages, Holly has taken the back seat to the other characters, which is jarring and to me doesn't make sense in a Holly flashback.

Because of this, and the 'new' characters that are being introduced, I dont understand the direction of the current arc. Is it supposed to be how Holly was broken in the beginning? It it supposed to be how some of the main characters get to endtown? if so, what is the point of it then because the initial reason was explaining why Holly is broken.

From what i can tell is both, why she's broken and how she got back to Endtown and started her "Healing" process, obviously a lot of shit happens along the way and it would be pretty stupid for Aaron to ignore this opportunity to clear some things up while we are at it.

But why the hell would we care about her healing process when she at the present is broken? To use on her again?! That doesn't make a lick of sense. Not at their current location.

>biased
About what, motherucker? I'm just saying what it is.

As said, everything you claim is bullshit. The one thing you can criticize the story for is using Marx and other supernatural stuff as cop out.

A couple of pages of Holly not being in total focus and you already think that the story derailed? Holy shit, you're an idiot! SHE'S STILL THERE and shit is still happening to her!

So you are the type of crazy to say a sinking ship is not, in fact, sinking. Your bias is why people can't talk about this comic. Reevaluate yourself and understand that a lot of people hate this arc and where Aaron is taking the comic. Quite frankly, he has lost his edge

>And character assassination coupled with out of character actions.
Would you mind to explain this a little more?

>But why the hell would we care about her healing process when she at the present is broken?

i don't know if we are actually going to witness her heal, i just assuming that's the case given how the arc is progressing. but honestly, what's the point if reading this if you want all the story and its conclusion completely laid out for you?

>what's the point if reading this if you want all the story and its conclusion completely laid out for you

To actually have something to talk about.

You say this like many of the things that happened in this arc weren't interesting.

Not the way they are being handled, no. Not actually that interesting. And this is coming from someone who loves flashbacks and lore.

>But why the hell would we care about her healing process when she at the present is broken?
You just answered your own question in many ways. First, we want to find out why she couldn't deal with it properly. Second, "why the hell would we care about her" says everything about you. YOU just don't care about what going and that's why you're all whiny.

No, you are the type of insufferable fucker who believes their opinion is objective. The only one who is making had to talk about the comic right now is you. People don't have to agree with your opinions, you have to deal with it or go pound sand.

Are you fucking serious? You measure the quality by the discussion of the comic instead of the comic itself? Kill yourself.

>Not the way they are being handled, no. Not actually that interesting.
According to you, how the things were handled to not make the events of this arc interesting?

>this is coming from someone who loves flashbacks and lore
Then what the Hell is your problem?

>who believes their opinion is objectiv

Ain't that just the definition of irony. Hey man, I want the comic to be good again. Like in the glory days. But these updates just are not at the same level that Aaron used to do. It is almost like he is phoning it in right now. Got a problem? Just get Marx to come in and fix it all.

You really need to put your bias down for a second and listen to reason instead of having to resort to name calling. That is unbecoming of this thread and bad for conversation.

>character assassination coupled with out of character actions
Go back to watch whatever two-dimensional characters you love so much if hidden depths upset you this much.

I am trying to talk about my grievances rationally. It seems you are upset that someone pointed out some flaws with the current arc. Some would call that a hugbox.

I laid out what I though was wrong and gave examples. I have yet to see anyone dispute that, which i welcome by the way, without resorting to name calling. And that, really, is sad.

If all you can do is claim that the others are "biased" against you then why should I bother using more intelligence than needed to talk with you? Nothing you've given us is more than lousy unjustified opinions that you treat like the absolute truth as if your word is some sort of gospel.

No, fuck you.

are you ?

>Hey man, I want the comic to be good again. Like in the glory days
What is exactly your problem right now with the comic? How those "glory days" were? I just want to understand your point of view.
>But these updates just are not at the same level that Aaron used to do
But other arcs have moments were almost nothing is happening too, what makes this arc different?
>Got a problem? Just get Marx to come in and fix it all
Many things resolve thanks to the help of coincidence or dircet Marx interaction, and that is a problem with the comic in general.

>No, fuck you.

And that is where the lines of communication fades. Can you just get over yourself for one minute to talk about what I have to say. You claim I didn't have any opinions and that I am a so called muck-raker, but in my previous posts above, I spelled it out succinctly. It is quite pitiful that you cannot see this through your 'opaque' looking glass.

That's not what a hugbox is. Do you only know how to throw aound buzzwords?

You never expalined what was wrong. Giving an example of what is "wrong" isn't worth shit if you don't explain why. All your reasoning just falls back to "I don't like it". How do expect anyone to treat you seriously?

Gee Kirbee! How come your mom lets you eat two bags of popcorns?

>You never expalined what was wrong

Except that I did. That is what I do not understand about those who are against me. I completely laid out my opinions, and it would seem like everyone has just turned a blind eye to them. Instead, they attack me personally.

To me, like this current arc, that doesn't make a lick on sense. Still, I have yet to hear a single counter claim. The only thing mine eyes see is people ignoring the facts, and patting each other of the backs. Which, by definition, is a hugbox.

The problem isn't that you criticize the comic, the problem is that your criticism is bad. Nobody is saying that the comic is flawless, you're just making a strawman out of us. You act like we're antagonizing your criticism when we're just calling it out for being poorly reasoned and poorly explained. All while acting you're above it all.

Eat a dick. I insult you not because I'm defending the comic, I do it because you deserve it.

>I do not understand about those who are against me
How can you be so full of yourself?

Fuck it, I'm done here.

It is funny, really. You are criticizing not my actual criticisms, but the act of criticizing itself. The mark of someone who does not have a counter argument. To me, that means all my points are valid and you cannot take the fact that it is as so.

Thus proving my point above. Thank you.

>NA NA NA I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!
Go fuck yourself.

ya'll niggas are getting trolled hard.

Im not that guy, but he does have a point. During this whole discourse, you have just been antagonizing with out rationalizing.

If anything, I understand his points a lot more than yours currently. And, no offense, but you post makes you look like a child while he talks with a little more sophistication.

>I can't comprehend people having opinions that differ from mine
Are you serious?
I'm gonna call bait.