The whole advantage to making an animated series instead of live action is that you get to design the characters and...

The whole advantage to making an animated series instead of live action is that you get to design the characters and world completely as you like.

Why did this show choose to make grotesque characters? This show has so many fat characters, imagine if it were live action and they actually paid lots of fat people to be in the show. You probably wouldn't watch it then.

There's like 3 fat characters user, maybe 6 if you count side characters. Gravity falls had tons more.

you just fucking had this thread virgin

Here's something I don't get

>You're a shapeshifter
>You can look like literally whatever you want
>Any food you eat literally goes straight through you
>You choose to look fat

What the shit, Amethyst.

stop spamming this thread, literally no one cares

Budget

She said herself that shape shifting consumes energy. Amethyst is good at it, but she can't hold a form forever

Gems have a base form that they can sustain, they can't stay shape shifted long term

If you actually care you should watch the episode called Reformed.

Maybe some of us like chubsters. One beta like you can't control all the women you see, so let her be thic.

The character designs don't bother me as much as the complete lack of budget/quality checking in the current season's animation. How do you fuck up so bad like that, are the Koreans on strike or some shit?

Because it takes place in America, don't be retarded user.

There has been a noticeable decline in animation quality. Whatsup with that Sucrose?

Op you answered your own question in the your first sentence. They got a chance to design characters in a world they created themselves. They made them fat because that's the type of character they wanted to make.

Wait, Hermoine's been black washed? Is Harry Potter a Marvel Comic now?

Because Sugar likes chubbies

You have to admit this show would have a nicer look if the characters were simply healthier.

>"Why don't fictional character look the way I want them to? All media should conform to MY narrow standards!"
Get out. Just go.

She likes shortstacks too. You gonna make a million threads bitching about that as well?

Dude, kids watch this show. I mean, what's next? A character that smokes cigarettes?

Hermiones race/skin color is never described in the books. The only things about her appearance that are described in the books are her brown frizzy hair, brown eyes, and large front teeth.

Maybe she's actually a squirrel.

>The whole advantage to making an animated series instead of live action is that you get to design the characters and world completely as you like.
>Why did this show choose to make grotesque characters? This show has so many fat characters, imagine if it were live action and they actually paid lots of fat people to be in the show. You probably wouldn't watch it then.

Because The whole advantage to making an animated series instead of live action is that you get to design the characters and world completely as you like.

Nope! :)
Kill yourself

Doesn't get more conclusive than that

Well shit. Someone needs to tell JK to good reread the books she wrote. Because her response to the whole "black Hermione" thing was that she never described Hermiones skin color in the books.

Didn't this thread just happen?

>you gonna make a million threads bitching about that too?

user, chill. I'm not the OP or even a guy that has ever made an SU thread

But my question was, did they make Hermoine black in some new movie or some shit?

>This show has so many fat characters

Amy is really only fat because, to paraphrase Professor Farnsworth, she was left in her hole for too long and got squished up against the side. This caused deformity. She's not supposed to look like that.

The only other fat characters I can think of are... Greg and Ronaldo? And neither of them are obese or anything. Greg is old man fat and Ronaldo is neckbeard chubby.

the new play

The plot is also apparently insane, with time travelling and different dimensions and accusations of Voldemort impregnating Draco's wife through time

A lot of people claim (including Rowling if I recall correctly) that it means surprised but not only is that inaccurate it's a straight up cop out.

I'm almost certain that it was just shoddy writing and white face wasn't a poorly used idiom.

She likely wrote hermione as black but Rowling has a habit for inserting progressives for progressiveness sake like making dumbdore gay despite it never being said in the books.

She wants to appeal to new age SJWs and feminists but never wrote it in the original text so she just seems lazy and top of being a whore.

The actress that portrayed her in a stage show was black.

>She likely wrote hermione as black

as white. She likely always intended for her to be white.

Not different dimensions, alternate timelines. And I'm surprised that you managed to leave out the craziest bit i.e. the fact that Voldy and Bellatrix fucked and produced a mary sue of a child

Ew wtf, they couldn't be bothered to find a cute black girl to play her? She looks fucking fat

Yeah my bad

Wait what, the blue silver hair girl is Bellatrix's? I hadn't read that far into the synopsis I just thought Voldemort had the daughter with some random person. This just gets better and better

Sadie is fat.
Rose was fat.
Steven is fat as well. It's even a plot point that he's becoming less fat and more in-shape as the show's progressed.

What bothers people so much about the idea that there are people on the show that might be fat?

It's a fucking children's television show, get the fuck over yourselves.

Like when peridot was running from the ruby ship? It was like a scene out of Dan vs

>I can't fap to this character therefore it's shit
Get laid faggot

Pretty sure Quartzes are supposed to be bearmode

Is Sadie fat, or is she just a midget?

Rose isn't fat and was never fat. She has Jasper's build, except in that one part where she was fucking PREGNANT.

Steven WAS fat. He has slimmed down considerably from the beginning of the show. Now he's just chubby. Soon he'll be fitfat.

She's literally a big buff soldier that was shrunken down due to being "overcooked" when forming.

She's really not that "fat" as much as she's short but wide.

Amethyst is honestly more stocky than fat. It's not exactly out of place for someone in a warrior caste to be built like that. Even more so because she's overcooked and all.

Of course, the slightest hint of a character having a little bit of fat apparently sends you into conniptions, so I'm not sure if you actually care.

Dan Vs. was such an amazing show that it gets a pass for semi-poor animation. Don't compare SU mediocrity to that exquisite piece of history

amathyst is not fat, she is a midget

I want to train with her...

>implying she wasnt stuffed in there with another gem and there isnt a twin amathyst around somewhere

Its do to the fact that the leftist writers want to push fat acceptance hard.

The sooner this shit fest gets canceled the better.

>Promote broken families and degeneracy
>No white man is allowed to be heroic, just or a role model
>OP asking why
The nose knows.

Then why have steven lose weight?

Steven is the main character

Nice try you faggot leftist.
Kill yourself you degenerate fuck.

dying is a fag

>A lot of people claim (including Rowling if I recall correctly) that it means surprised
Shocked or Horrified. Because she just heard something get its head cut off.

dying is a bitch nigga and his streams arent very good

dying is probably ugly and his voice is dumb

Yeah from what I can tell the only times when Hermione is described as pale or white is when she's scared.

I think JKR pictured Hermione as being white myself but if that's the only piece of evidence out of 7 whole books, it's not exactly strong.

This everything about this.
Its like the left stopped pretending, they are on a course of self destruction they will destroy themselves and drag society with them.

Your bodies are degenerating and you can see it.
>Stop hating, diversity, body positivity, diversity of body shape.
This show is made of these faggots and it attracts them like flies.

Remember all the warning documentaries about obesity?
Remember them? Now this human filth will shout you down if you even suggest for them to slim down.

This is how the west dies.

>Steven
>White
He's literally at least half-alien and IRL the real Steven is Jewish.
Do you think Superman is white too?

I think Amethyst was originally intended to be a chubby character. She's characterized as being a glutton after all.

But Sugar probably realized that doesn't make sense for a race of warrior rocks, so Amethyst got characterized as stocky and muscular.

>this white character isn't white
kys

greg's definitely white

Get with the times, the current definition of "white" means "looks white", not "being white"

The kid's white, beat it you goofball.

>Half-Gem or Gem at most depending on his conception
>White
I bet you think Pearl is white too

I always thought Steven was some kind of fat mexican.

I never really saw it as pushing fat-acceptance any more than pearl is pushing that it's OK to be anorexic. The message that the show is trying to promote in my opinion is more that it's okay to be different or even a little flawed, which is why all the gems have a different size and build (and color, and all the other ways this is thematically underscored). It isn't just "fatties on parade: the show", which they totally could have made if they wanted to. You can still call it leftist if you want, I won't fight on that, but interpreted this way, those parts of the show have never really bothered me.

The human part of Steven is white. But if we're taking Rose into consideration, she looks white too, more than Pearl does.

He looks mexican to me.

I dunno' how people can look at Greg, especially when he was younger, and think Steven is anything other than white as far as his human parentage goes.

Steven looks like a fat Mexican. Imagine Steven holding a taco in one hand and a nacho in the other. Looks right doesn't it?

Looks better holding a bag of shekels to be honest.

She did draw Hermione as white when she's drawn the characters in the past.

My impression is that she's not claiming she wrote the character as black, just that she said she wrote nothing that explicitly said the character COULDN'T be.

>He looks white
>That means he's white

>Crime statistics with legal whites in US literally skewed negatively because Hispanics and illegals are now mostly considered white
>People think Jewish heritage is white because of their skin tone
ayylmao

It's do to the fact

Due*

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>I don't know how to read

>People actually think that since real steven is a jew, cartoon steven is also a jew

Well that took long enough.

Hermione has been called pale several times though.

>implying the problem isn't a complete lack of support for people trying to lose weight, doubled with a shady sales industry hell bent on selling weight loss without delivering results.

Trying to shout down fat people isn't helpful either. As much fun as it is to pretend every obese person is riding a rascal and screaming "muhrica" while fumbling around with a bucket of fried chicken, the reality is most of them are office workers with a shitty diet that they don't have 100% control over, given that they live with other people and dining habits are far more custom driven than they are given credit for.

The most criminal thing is that we have parents who shovel fast food in to their kids mouths because it's so fucking easy, and the little bastards grow up craving that shit.

Want to change that? The internet is no help because it's nothing but clickbait that you can't tell what's legit or not. /fit/ is no help because it's the typical "normies get out reeeeeee" Sup Forums bull shit.

At least alcoholics can go through their 12 step program and avoid booze and bars altogether. It's not like you can avoid eating for the rest of your life.

>Pearl = white
>Garnet = Black
>Amethyst = White trash
>Connie =\= not in the loo

>Amethyst
>Not mexican

Example of this:

>White/Non-white
>Producing full white/non-white offspring
He's half-alien that looks white.

I always saw Amethyst as Black.

I always thought Amethyst was supposed to be Mexican. Cause she's stocky and chubby. Plus her lips are too big to be a white girl's...

Because this garbage show was designed to appeal to shitty tumblrinas.

I always thought she was purple...

Gems are a species, not a race. He's not half-Gem half-white, that's like saying you're half-human half-white.

Of course it's that. Ten years of films and she never once approaches the production crew(s) and tells them "Hermione is black and shiet, guys!"

She did that with Dumbledore, when the crew for the sixth film was going to write in a subplot for him about something like a failed romance with a woman.

Products designed to help you lose weight do just that. They HELP, there is no such thing as a magic pill. You have to keep up your end of eating better and exercise.

Also eating "better" isn't even the main part of that. The more important thing is not eating so much. That is something we have a huge problem with in the U.S. You can't blame everything on the industry and the mean ol' Internet trolls

I can see amethyst being like a latina or something.
She ropably knows how to use those lips.

She is, but certain people feel the need to force "representation" into her.

I know a white grill, named Amethyst ironically enough, who is a lot like Amethyst. Tom boyish, a slob, bit of an attitude problem. Similar body type too, and she's got pretty full lips. That's why I say she's white trash

well sure, people always like to humanize things. That's why we find cats and dogs cute after all.
Shoving non-humans into human stereotypes is just another aspect of this. Like how siamese cats are always asian in animations.

Two different species of Canine still produce a mutt.

I know black girls with the same personality and body type but not slobby. Their attitudes varied.

Why is it so hard to accept that Steven might be a mexican? Are steven universe fans waycis?

was she scared?
because it couldve meant that