Which kino was better?

prometheus desu senpai

Prometheus, Covenant has some really bad pacing and character problems.

Alien > Prometheus > aliens > covenant >> rest

>covenant managed to be worse than prometheus

incredible

I still think I actually prefer covenant even though it's a shittier movie

christ they're both so bad, just leave alien alone

prometheus. Hope we see more of the engineers in the next film

are the visuals in covenant at least good like prometheus?

>watching alien covenant
>crew completely unfazed when landing in the ruins of an alien city

Next AvP movie when? Recast schwarzenegger I don't care what he costs, the world needs a good mindless xeno-hating action movie once in a while.

yes has some god-tier visuals

Prometheus is light years ahead in terms of visuals/cinematography.

Prometheus had actual hotties

>good
>blue hologram bullshit

When will this shit die
Every fucking movie these days they just have actors just looking off into the distance and randomly moving their hands. When they add a computer in post production it just randomly looks like they're rearranging their fucking desktop icons

Prometheus of course. Covenant is just a B movie in style of Jason X

I hated the crew so much

Hell I found more enjoyment in watching Jason X then I did in Covenant

I liked how somebody finally screamed "wear the gloves", when half of the crew was already infected.

Covenant is by far the superior movie. There is literally no comparison in terms of quality. It's not a good movie by any stretch of the imagination, but compared to the pretentious clusterfuck of terrible decisions that Prometheus was, Covenant was markably better. It did also manage to make several steps in the right direction by killing off the Engineers and moving the franchise back towards and action/horror focus rather than the blathering philosophical ramblings of Ridley Scott, who literally wanted the Engineer to be Jesus. Yes, Jesus. Look it up.

Prometheus did a goob job of almost entirely ruining a classic franchise. The ideas it brought forward were entirely uninteresting and had no place whatsoever in the Alien franchise. Covenant does its best to fix those mistakes. Anyone who disagrees with this hates the Alien franchise, plain and simple. Cinematic universes are the hallmark of the braindead.

>walks for miles in bush and forest
>all of a sudden they find the alien city that appears to be in entire different region due to how big it is that it makes no sense for their ship to land in the wilderness and not spot the city in the distance. Not to mention they would have had to walk through suburbs of buildings to get to the temple thing where David led them but instead they seem to magically get to the center of the city in an instant
Anyone else really annoyed by this?

Also: none of the crew members EVER ask the question "What is this place?" We get no answers at all. Just a terrible 1 minute flashback of the Engineers being killed off and then it's never mentioned again.

Holy fuck this movie is so shit

>chick swinging around rocket booster when ship is flying away
>doesn't get burnt in the slightest

>but compared to the pretentious clusterfuck of terrible decisions that Prometheus was, Covenant was markably better.
No it wasn't you fucking piece of shit. I am a big Alien fan and I didn't mind Prometheus at all cos I liked how it felt different and wasn't the same old Alien movie BUT Covenant completely took what made Alien so good and shit on the source material.

Ridley had no idea what he was doing with this one. The dialogue was so badly written. One of the crew members says the line "The food ain't that bad" in the prologue. WAY TO GO FOR RIPPING OFF YOUR CLASSIC MOVIE

Prometheus was badly edited missing a lot of deleted scenes such as young Weyland so I am happy I watched a fan extended cut to know immediately who the guy talking to David was at the beginning of Covenant cos Ridley didn't bother making it that clear. I guess he forgot that he cut out the opening of Prometheus out

>hundreds of years in the future
>still using gopro hero 4s and steyr augs

Covenant made me realize how much I actually appreciate Prometheus

No, you're not. You hate the franchise, you hate good cinema, you have no understanding of genre cinema, and you have no idea what you're talking about in general.

Seriously, get over yourself. You're undoubtably an amateur movie hobbyist at most, and more likely just an opinionated internet dweeb. Your opinion is meaningless. I did not state the facts on the matter to encourage debate, you tedious brainlet.

>hundred years into the future
>still using vinyl
Come on. Covenant has a lot of problems but calling out some old technology that's present is just stupid. When humans land on Mars, I am pretty sure they will be using 1940's technology invented for space astronauts.

>you have no understanding of genre cinema
So good cinema is watching a couple have sex in the shower and then an Alien putting his tail underneath them and then killing the guy as she screams?

Yeah, they probably will dust off those old costumes when they pretend to land on Mars, you're right.

Hello burger.

>good cinema
Oh dear. You're really that stupid huh.

This is your understanding of cinema? A not even technically focused description of an event that happens in the movie? The more you post, the less credible your opinion becomes.

Wasn't Weyland's presentation scene an early teaser for the movie?

I liked Covenant more, but Prometheus was so much more breathtaking in visuals

Prometheus is a masterpiece.

>I'm stupid and don't realise the only reason this movie was made was to clear up the clusterfuck of prometheus

nobody gave a flying fuck about the xeno in the new movie. way to fuck things up, ridley hack.

both were shit but i hate AC more because i went in expecting an actual aliens movie instead of prometheus 2

>the clusterfuck of prometheus
How was it a clusterfuck? Covenant made it more of a Clusterfuck with not addressing why there is a Deacon statue in Prometheus before David made the Aliens

>Scifi movie with religious themes howoriginal.webm
>half baked plot that couldnt be explained properly in either of the 2 hour long movies
>paper thin characters
>terrible pacing
>continuity errors
>open ending for the second time

And the best part
>They are both pretty much the same movie

>Which kino was better?
The Martian

How can anyone forgive that garbage scene of both women slipping on the same bloodstain? it's not even well choreographed

I was sad when that chick got mauled by the spine xeno, she seemed nice.

Covenant has better visuals and cast. It's probably superior to Prometheus. I'd probably still get more enjoyment out of Prometheus, because I liked David a lot in that movie, and he lost his appeal for me in Covenant when he literally became an edgy version of Dr. Robotnik.