I see many idiots like to complain about characters being replaced by minorities because muh SJW, muh diversity...

I see many idiots like to complain about characters being replaced by minorities because muh SJW, muh diversity, muh White heroes. And then go on to demand companies make new characters instead.

I want you to fucking tell me with complete honesty, which one will sell better. Left or right?

user, your post implies anyone posting about this cares about comics and would buy either.

Its nothing but shitposting. And your post may as well be considered the same thing.

The well-known brand of course. What's your point?

We can't expect any integrity from comic book writers and should absolutely be fine with the decisions they make to make money?

that's a loaded question one is written by Bendis, King of Marvel and will probably be draw by an A lister.

I'm sure Mosaic will sell well because Marvel will attach it's sales to some Star Wars variant cover that people actually want to buy.

>which one will sell better
hopefully none

ultimately this, people just like shitposting or they'd stop caring about dumb shit like this and actually discuss good books instead of dwelling on bad ones

Obviously co-opting a known hero's identity will sell more. However that doesn't mean you should disallow people who have been fans of a character for literally decades from reading about them because you have a quota to fill. There used to be a common defense that "having POC character doesn't prevent you from reading about the characters you like," and they were right. However that doesn't seem to be the case anymore because Marvel needs that sweet publicity.

Stealing a book from a known character so you can immediately have a high profile character is putting the cart before the horse. Most big name characters didn't start out with their own ongoings; they were part of a team book or variety series such as Amazing Fantasy or Detective Comics. After you do that and the fans decide that they like them enough, then their ongoings will be sell.

>people who have been fans of a character for literally decades

These people don't exist. Comic Iron Man has always been shit.

Noone cares for inhumans. It's no fair.

Besides, everyone will buy a well known brand. Of course it's going to sell better.

What's the point of this dumb thread?

I'm speaking more in a general sense since Marvel seems to be replacing half their roster, but people have definitely been fans of Iron Man for the past 8 years, which is not a negligible amount of time.

Are you trying to say that diversity for the sake of diversity doesn't sell and the only way for "diverse" characters to become a thing is by replacing established white, male characters and create controversy? My, my.

Then blame it on the people who "need" more representation not bothering to go for original characters.

Mosaic is an inhuman, he is corporate mandate, what why we dont like him.

Left seems more interesting, judging by the art. But I really like to know what happens to Tony, and don't care so much about the black girl.

I think generally you have some point, but it's misplaced today.

>people have definitely been fans of Iron Man for the past 8 years

Those are RDJ fans not Iron Man fans, they are probably smart enough to avoid his comics.

>people have definitely been fans of Iron Man for the past 8 years, which is not a negligible amount of time.

They've been fans of MCU Tony, which is a seperate entity.

Once again, Comic Iron Man has always been shit. No one but shitposters care.

It's more new characters in general don't sell. Good books also don't sell.

This too can't be overlooked. Fuck shithumans.

my only question is since Iron Man is now a woman, shouldn't she be Iron Woman?

But not fuck Iron Man? That one we have to complain?

Iron Man is just a waste of energy to think about, only worth being upset that they're poisoning MJ with that franchise

Iron Womyn, shitlord

>[something] was always shit

Haven't seen that fallacy in a while. Thanks, user.

>We need a broader range of black characters beyond the tired stereotypes.
>So, this character was an arrogant basketball player...

>I'm sure Mosaic will sell well because Marvel will attach it's sales to some Star Wars variant cover that people actually want to buy.
That's not how they do it. Marvel give discounts if you order say 150% more than your Ultimates #5 order. Retailers qualify for variants with how much they order on a title

Iron Man will sell better because it's fucking Iron Man with LOOK AT HOW PROGRESSIVE WE ARE bullshit that people will flock to for the first issue, then sales will drop hard.

Mosaic, I guess that's Mosaic anyway, will have decent first issue numbers then die off because no one gives a fuck about him. He's not been built up as a supporting character in another series, they're just throwing out a title so they can claim that even when they make original minority characters, no one buys them so the only way to have diversity is by fucking up white characters.

Can you imagine the fallout if a new villain showed up and they weren't white?

You'd be right.

Cap, Hulk, Iron Man have all been replaced in recent years now with minority characters, ultimate spiderman was replaced and Thor was replaced with a woman.

There would be pissed off people.
Sure.

If you really wanted to flip everything for a loop do a story with a white female superhero and a black male villain, or an asian male super hero and a black female villain.

The villain is ASM right now is black