We are the picture of health!

We are the picture of health!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xSVzdySddl8
youtube.com/watch?v=O7eVpCT2GvI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I rest my case

Coincidentally, part of the reason CN was hesitant to renew. Parents felt that having a fat protagonist would lead to kids being fat.

we'd be fat regardless of whats on the TV

cartoony cartoons have always been out of shape pieces of shit, just like more realistic animation has always preferred goodlooking people.

>Clarence still exists
>SU still exists
I'm calling shenanigans

Chowder thread please?

why was Gazpacho the best character?

The fact that people didn't complain about chowder being fat is probably why those shows still exist

Because YOU'RE BANNED

Haaa... haaa... bagel

I really liked the show early on for its art direction and humor, but Chowder became less unlikable as a character as the show went on.

He'd probably browse Sup Forums

that's what that post was saying.
Chowder and Flap were taken from us too soon, while shit like TTG! gets ten thousand seasons. There's no justice in the world

Because he's master shake.

Dana Snyder

bump

I would trade 3 seasons of AT or 6 of SU for another one of chowder.

I like how the VA played the exact same character between Chowder and Code Monkeys

>Kevin Owens, Samoa Joe and Matt Hardy.png

This still cracks me up

I miss 2010 Sup Forums.

>tumblr joke

I'll admit that got a smirk out of me. Too perfect.

ELLO PAPA

COMEDY GOLD
RELATIONSHIP COMEDY

Chowder's 4th wall jokes always got a chuckle out of me. Mostly because they generally didn't repeat them.

they kinda abused them towards then end

Would you care for a free lollipop?

>kinda
They almost had to rely on them just to make it through an episode. It was evident that the staff was completely worn out by the last season.

I doubt it. Chowder had a relatively long lifespan, it was just at an awkward time for CN. They were trying to do the Live Action thing and as a result a few toons got cut short.

This show would be better if it was more like it was at the very beginning, very chill and fluffy show. The visuals were very easy on the eye but also very creative, the music was nice and it felt like a children's show of old stock. "comfy" But it didn't take long for 90% of the jokes to become a rotation of Chowder screaming in his shrill voice, sheer repetition and 4th wall jokes. It was like watching Fairly Odd Parents. It's like the show went from everything right about old cartoons to everything wrong with new cartoons.

user, if there's one thing my mom's taught me, it's to sleep as much as you can. that way, you don't have to face the horrible reality of what your life's become.

being fat and eating everything in sight is one of chowder's major defining traits, clarence and steven not so much

hell steven isn't even that fat anymore

That's why I like Harvey Beaks. Greenblatt seems to be very aware of his past mistakes and so he made his new series a lot more chill overall.

>matt hardy
As someone who used to mark out hard for him, this hurts.

Chowder being a fatass who eats all the time is an important part of his character and show. Steven and Clarence just happen to be cubsters, if you took their fat away it wouldn't change them or their shows at all.

Agreed. As the seasons progressed I enjoyed it less and less to the point where I didn't really try to catch new episodes.

bump

Chowder is the bee's knees

youtube.com/watch?v=xSVzdySddl8

tumblr.png

Because he has Old Shake's personality but ATHF Shake's voice.

just watch Harvey Beaks

Curse you liberals

WOULD I?

>steven isn't even that fat anymore

? He's as fat as he was in the first episode

Wrong. Mung was best.

I liked the one where the VAs' did a car wash to afford the show

Jackie Buscarino (Writer for Flapjack, Producer for Steven Universe, voices of characters like Sally Syrup, Susan Strong, Pacifica, and Vidalia) sang this

it was because CN as or had the 52 episode limit thing back then that only shows that did amazingly well like EEnE and Billy and Mandy could break through, also Chowders voice actor was going through puberty so C.H. thought it was best to end it.

Although he did talk about if he had to continue the show he would have made it like Dragon Ball GT

my jambo jet flies cheerfully

Ooooh, that explains that weird commercial that ran on CN for a while, the one about looking on the box for the portion size.

youtube.com/watch?v=O7eVpCT2GvI

>? at the beginning of a sentence
and no he's not.

Precisely, Chowder was a glutton but it was played for laughs and the show constantly made fun of his condition (just like in OP's pic), while in SU and Clarence the protagonists are still clearly obese yet no one bats an eye at their poor health.

If Chowder was made today the SJWs would be all over having a fat character

bump

woah

thats a really good joke and im sad there are no shows currently airing that do this anymore

oohh i remember that

It depends on the boarder: Lauren Zuke draws him the thinnest. Paul Villeco draws him the chubbiest

Perhaps, but if the rugrats were made today we would've a thread every 2 days about "how they manage to get away with this xD" or "literally tumblr-tier design"

Oh god, that's beautiful

or what?

His nose is disturbing.