Homestuck

How would you have made Jane a good character? I feel like Hussie missed a lot potential with her.

Other urls found in this thread:

archiveofourown.org/works/7411147/chapters/16834177
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I feel like she never had potential. Nannasprite was a huge joke.

Make her a sociopathic comedian that does a bunch of dumb shit for fun.

Don't take her out of crockertier. Maybe she visually returns to normal and the AI or whatever that took over her brain doesn't have control anymore, but make her realize that she enjoys a level of assertivity and she wants to keep it.

Have her stab Karkat some more

follow up on the detective angle
follow up on the prankster angle
do anything besides "teen drama until suddenly mind control"

more detectivingg. more agency in general, actually. cotton candyyyyy

a more defined personality

This, and also actually make her and Jake actual main characters instead of just sidenotes to Dirk and Roxy.

Basically remove trolls and focus on kids. The kids are great, the trolls aren't. The kids deserved more screentime than they eventually got.

replace her with korin and yajirobe

instead of fucking around on their do-nothing lands, have that chunk of Act 6 revolve around political intrigue on Prospit and Derse, with Jane sleuthing out the Condesce's powers and weaknesses

and instead of getting rid of the tiara entirely, have AR just get rid of the mind control, leaving Jane with full admin access to all of Condy's systems and pull off a successful coup, turning Derse against the batterwitch

Your autistic bullshit comic is over. Take your general to /trash/ with Steven Universe where it belongs.

my favorite fanfics with jane is where she is an adventurous gumshoe

ah, but there is much more to discuss :)

I don't care what anyone says, Act 6 Act 6 is great up until the retcon

I agree here, Crockertier did wonders for Jane as a character.

It's still Jane, just with less tolerance for bullshit and a compulsive desire to serve Condy.

That's a dumb solution. "She's boring so just keep her evil."

god damn user i like how you think

THIS IS TOP QUALITY MASTER-BAIT

>regular jane: boring and annoying
>crocker jane: annoying
well, technically it is an improvement

>The kids are great, the trolls aren't.
>Implying.

why the fuck reply to it then you cockgobbler

It was though. Game Over is still a highlight of the comic, with sweet music, action, plot progression and even character arcs coming to beautiful climax, all set to the most creative use of hyperfiction in the comic by far.

There were so many places the comic could have gone after Game Over and still reached Act 7, but Hussie chose the worst possible way.

except it was the computer bullshit that made her evil, and she was aware of herself while she did it. remove the evil, keep the assertiveness.

>dominatrix jane
sounds good

No, not at all.

Make her become good again overtime, rather than knock her out and have Vriska fix everything by proxy of ARquius.

Have Jane realize that she can be nice and good without having to take other people's shit, and maybe play some drama around her coming to her senses.

She would still be boring.

this honestly
i don't actually get why hsg is allowed to pretend its not a general just because it doesn't use the word general

Then that's the fault of being Jane, and there's nothing we can really do about it.
Stop, don't give me more fic ideas.

>"I like one-note Internet stereotypes with atrocious typing quirks"

wew

be fair
only about half of them are one-note

>Imp-lying.

In retrospect, it's the fucking worst that GO Dirk got erased in a pixellated bukkake. He would have been the only one to make it to the end of the retcon and consistently acknowledge everyone post retcon aren't the people he grew close to over the years, and he'd give Roxy someone to reminisce and vent with instead of some goofy asshole kid that showed up and "fixed" everything. It might have lessened the awkwardness of meeting Dave as well since it'd have been "expedited" without Vriska intervention. We might have gotten Dirk breaking own on Dave properly instead of just "oh. uh. oh no. uhh. sorry. uh. uuh."

There's a general discussion thread for Zootopia and two for Steven Universe up right now. Are you blind?

homestuck is solved either by gender-bending dave or switching rose with roxy

i always though that his "aware of all splinters" thing would mean he'd know he was bro, and bro was hypercompetent because he knew everything dirk did
apparently not though

subtract teenage romantic melodrama
add her actually joining condy and staying evil for the rest of the comic

all five of them

>genderbent dave
>genderbent anyone

i never said those should have generals either

Speaking of which, for the people who missed it last thread, here's the Rose/Roxy fic I spun together earlier this day.

archiveofourown.org/works/7411147/chapters/16834177

Well this isn't the place to talk about it. If you have issues with Sup Forums moderation, please go discuss it on /qa/.

>1000 words exactly

was that intentional?

even genderbent john?

That's the point.

Did you not get the symbolism on the Void and Breath players being the only ones to survive the retcon?

Void players don't give a shit because muh entry level nihilism, and Bresth players just go with the flow do they don't ask questions.

reminder that jane dying whilst asleep and mindcontrolled in game over was total bullshit

So, /hsg/

Hypothetically, what would you suggest as a pithy title for a fic where Rose gets possessed by a horrorterror and guzzles all the cum she can squeeze out of everyone she can find on the meteors and in the bubbles?

Can you ask shit like this on the /aco/ homestuck thread?

Thank you.

I wanted someone to walk out of that damn retcon eternally suffering god dammit

"Midnight Screw"

but user

someone did

there's always jade

No, but I'm damn proud that it happened.
if you have any other commentary I'm always a slut for constructive criticisms and comments
I have no idea for a pithy title but damn if I don't want to see that happen. Perhaps something related to the thorncoddle bramblefuck.

I can't believe that isn't already taken

Thy Gluttonous Maws

Gamzee was locked in a fridge for the rest of the comic, whipped around like a cheap toy with no regard for his life, knowing that his only fate was to be dropped in the ocean, still chained in the fridge to see if his plot armor would let him survive it.

That might not be eternal suffering, but it's pretty dang close.

But Jade deserves happiness more than most of the cast

prey sure you make that with two parts Jaegermeister, one part Smirnoff, one part Dr Pepper

Holy shit my sides

yeah but he gets out somehow and spends the next few non-consecutive years serving the cherubs before becoming one with his god

pokemon go is fun

what would caliborn's pokemon team be

Gamzee didn't live through the retcon. I'm talking about suffering from a "I just witnessed everything go to shit and loved ones die and all these post retcon people aren't the people I went through all that shit with" sort of suffering.

All the most powerful pokemon, duh. He's a power gamer. Whatever 6 are at the top of the tiers.

one lvl 100 magikarp with nothing but tackle, because flail is for the weak
an HM slave - but nothing that knows fly or teleport or surf. he has to go it alone

nothing but bidoofs

six mewtwos obtained via getting two copies of pokemon red, and beating one repeatedly to then trade with himself

the mileage from this comic really is amazing. What a timeless work.

This is the correct answer.

It goes without saying that one of the gameboys and copies of Red belonged to Calliope before he killed her.

>when gen y is in the position of power Homestuck will be heralded as a pinnacle of western literature

If the Gamzee that gets dumped in the ocean is the same Gamzee that dealt with the cherubs and got to the Masterpiece. We'll never know, because it simply wasn't important enough to clarify at any point in the ending of the comic, apparently.

You might be in the wrong market here, friend. Might I suggest Shin Megami Tensei instead, what you just described is basically the main series' aesthetic.

I can't believe Vriska turned herself into a cyborg ninja........

occam's razor ;^)

A strange game, the only winning move is to kill all your friends.

Though Nocturne is probably the best at utter despair, I'd say. Not much else to say about a game where everyone fucking dies, or goes evil and makes you kill them.

And then raped Jesus!

Chaos Hero - Vriska
Chaos Deity - Bec Noir
Law Hero - Dirk
Law Deity - Lord English
Neutral Hero - Calliope
Hero - John
Heroine - Roxy

not jesus!
he was pure
PURE

THE DRAGON 8ECOMES ME!!!!!!!!

is that a gmod model of sitska, sitting on Jesus?

Thanks famulimus. If anyone still cares when Drone Season goes live you can check Sloppy Seconds to see what I ended up going with.

>terezi not being the one who the dragon becomes

SH4MEFUL
JUST SH4MEFUL

gimme a minute, I'm sleep deprived and easily distracted right now

That makes it all of the more satisfying.
Well, it was meant to be her penetrating him with her 8ig 8ulge but that works too I guess.

Isnt it still being made? I should do a storytime someday.

If Bec Noir and LE are the Deities, then their obvious chosen heroes would be Eridan and Gamzee.

Also, Calliope's only role would be to try to do something but fail repeatedly, ending up being sacrificed by one of the other factions after yet another failure. It's okay, though, John would fix everything when he chooses the Freedom ending.

>people used to believe this

Neutral heroes never do shit, so Calliope is perfect for the role
I don't like Gamzee in the role of the Law Hero because he doesn't follow the ideology. Eridan could work in place of Vriska, but Vriska is actually competent.

VRISKA NO

STOP

PLEASE STOP

>vriska alchemizes a pizza in front of karkat just after he starts cooking

it's too late

she did it

homestuck is ruined

>rose tries to do the same
>alchemizes a horrorterror and it eats karkat

>I don't like Gamzee in the role of the Law Hero because he doesn't follow the ideology.

No, but he worshiped the Deity to a certain degree. Close enough, really.

>Eridan could work in place of Vriska, but Vriska is actually competent.

Which is why Eridan's perfect for it. Think back to the original CH - he was shit, got mocked by everyone, then stupid things happen and he gets crazy powers, which caused him to call the hero weak, kick some puppies and run off to join the obviously evil people. Sounds like Eridan to me.

>CHARACTERS WHO DESERVE TO ENTER THE NEW UNIVERSE
ME!
>WEENIES WHO I'M 8RINGING ALONG TO TAKE CARE OF MY 8ULGE
KARKAT!!!!!!!!

But think of all the other, more competent Chaos Heroes like Daleth... or, uh, Walter... Jimenez... Chiaki? But she wasn't really Chaos. Okay, you might have a point.

i thought it was just limited to pizza pockets
now we have to wait 2 more years and tell john to fix it

Yeah, Chaos heroes tend to be pretty shit until lol evil. Which makes it funny that they join the "lol u cant surviv in a wrld of strength" faction. Chiaki was effective enough, but not until after she gets maimed and has to merge with Gozu-Tennoh.