Are Disney the worst company in entertainment?

Fucking disguisting the amount of smear propaganda they get to put out but if the directors speak publicly and defend themselves the mouse lawyers will ruin them

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/2016/12/13/movies/star-wars-rogue-one-review.html?_r=0
youtube.com/watch?v=TF4_4g1B2Ug
hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/star-wars-han-solo-movie-firing-new-details-behind-phil-lord-chris-miller-exit-1016619
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Are Disney the worst company in entertainment?
Yes. What kind of question is this?

This is the equivalent of hiring a "footballing adviser" at a club. The manager knows he's basically powerless and fucked because he's been completely undermined. Fair play to them for not taking it like bitches.

i think ive come to sort of start realising it in the last week or so. Before i thought it was just a meme because they make boring movies. However, seeing the damage pr and smear against L/M and how people are lauding it, have made me sick to my stomach. These same cunts celebrating this bitched when Lucas became a control freak over star wars and wanted yes men but celebrate now because muh kennedy and kasden. Good on L/M for pulling an Andrew Garefield.

I remember how you faggots couldn't stop shitting on the Lego Movie and now you're defending the "hacks" behind it like they're some paragons of virtue.

Really makes you think.

It's also fair to note that most major motion picture crew members are lifers who seem to hate most productions they work on

I'd side with the guys who gave me the Jump Street reboot over the hacks at the Nu-LucasFilm any day.

>sources say they broke into applause

?

Did the directors hold them like a communist regime or something?

That never happened

The Lego Movie was pretty widely praised on here, other than the usual >Reddit posters who didn't see it.

People like op and the rest of his shitskin capshit crew weren't around then
These are numale redditors

no that would be EVERY OTHER company

based disney did nothing wrong like always

fucking mousketeer kikes

i hate how they are treating these directors.

its their own fault. they should have gone to Warner Bros and directed The Flash.

They defied the mighty mouse's wishes. They are worse than child murderers.

>The Lego Movie was pretty widely praised on here
AHAHA no you filthy fucking reddit sensibility Sup Forums drone. It was THE reddit: the movie until gotg came out

it did but that was back before the movie or even a trailer came out

>i hate how they are treating these directors.
They don't need directors. They need yes men.

Disney has critics by the balls.

nytimes.com/2016/12/13/movies/star-wars-rogue-one-review.html?_r=0

>Whether that is enough — whether the fractures in the Rebel Alliance and the power struggles in the imperial ranks quicken our pulses and engage our emotions — is the big question, but it really isn’t a question at all. Millions of people will sit through this thoroughly mediocre movie (directed with basic competence by Gareth Edwards from a surprisingly hackish script by Chris Weitz and Tony Gilroy) and convince themselves that it’s perfectly delightful. It’s so much easier to obey than to resist. The spoiler warning sent by the Disney empire instructed journalists to “continue to be our partners on this journey,” and defiance is unthinkable, even if “partner” is taken as a synonym for “shill.”

fucking disguisting, kikes truly do ruin everything

No.

this

Not as long as sony exists. Disney are a bunch of souless evil fucks ruining the film industry, but at least they're competent.
Sony is just a trainwreck.

Don't worry, Disney will downsize soon because cable tv is dying. ESPN is too expensive to survive in the internet age.
I hope the mouse don't buy Netflix or we're fucked.

>I hope the mouse don't buy Netflix or we're fucked.
they probably will and they're probably going to buy Sony unfortunately. Hes to the future of bland expansive studio shadow directed disney films.

>crew clapped after directors got fired
>we care about creative freedom but you need minimum 15 camera set ups per shooting day

Disney's PR team is getting ridiculous.

>They're going to buy Sony
You mean Sony pictures? No way in hell they can buy all of Sony just like that.

Why are you guys defending those hacks? They planned to turn the movie into another low brow comedy like nu-Jump Street.

the mouse are arrogant they'll think because of the whole spider-man deal that they've have a back door to do so. Do you think Disney employs these spy and sabotage tactics on the other big picture places.

>and they're probably going to buy Sony unfortunately.
If they were interested it would've happened by now. Last I heard they were gonna resort to a Chinese holding corporation if they were in the red far enough to sell.

>I hope the mouse don't buy Netflix or we're fucked.
Holy fuck a redditor that supports the lego reddit and fucking redditflix? The true colors of the swede are coming out

I don't give a shit about Netflix. The problem is that Disney can have the media monopoly with this acquisition.

You guys should watch the sweatbox. A leaked workprint of a documentary on the making of the emperors new groove. It shows how they basically fired the director over a negative test screening of the almost finished movie

now that i think about it does disney even do smaller/original films like wb and the rest or only big normie test screen approved flicks?

You've shown your true pleb colors, outsider. Go back to /r/movies with your tasteless reddit approved meme flicks and streaming services

>now that i think about it does disney even do smaller/original films
The last few IPs they've tried have underperformed. Tomorrow land and. John carter spring to my mind, also lone ranger.
But Disney owns plenty of other studios they use to release other projects.
With all the behind the scenes shit you hear about from marvel and star wars it seems like they're trying to maintain some kind of quality control for the flagship brands.

You can scream "fuck disney" all you want but the fact that Lord and Miller aren't commenting on any of these allegations proves they couldn't handle project that big and were fucking up.

>but the fact that Lord and Miller aren't commenting on any of these allegations proves they couldn't handle project that big and were fucking up.
or maybe because they know the mouse are spiteful scumbags that will ruin your career if you dare expose them?

>You're now remembering that Trank was supposed to direct the boba fett movie before his meltdown over f4nt4stic 4our.

>a cokehead who can't control himself on set can't find work in hollywood

wow, what a surprise

>aren't commenting on any of these allegations

Because they could easily destroy their careers lol

>bunch of people on a basket weaving forum know more about a film's production than the crew who actually worked on it

Or maybe they don't want to be blacklisted for the rest of their lives?

The only directors at Disney now are TV show people because only they tolerate the ass fucking.

>Lawrence Kasdan — screenwriter, executive producer and keeper of the Stars Wars flame
>keeper of the Stars Wars flame

This faggot was, by the way, unhappy, how Irvin Kershner didn't follow his ESB script to the letter. Or Spielberg with Raiders. He wanted Luke to die or become the president of the Republic in ROTJ. Wanted a love triangle between Indy, Marion and Belloq. He's a wellspring of bad ideas tat got big standing on the shoulders of giants. but, now he's the keeper of the flame.
This fucking timeline.

Lego Movie was better than anything Disney has done since Wall-E you shill fuck

>New York Times talking about shills
We were right all along, Sup Forums

>Disney
youtube.com/watch?v=TF4_4g1B2Ug

shame that didnt kept going, wouldnt have minded to see star wars crash and burn, even if it would have been just a little considering its rabid fans

Why don't they hire directors like Ron Howard from the beginning? They keep hiring young guns from low-budget indie/comedy world and then doing massive reshoots when it doesn't go their way. Same shit over and over

Disney is generally competent though as proven with the R1 reshoots that saved the film.

Someone needs to destroy the mouse before it takes over everything.

>sources say the crew burst into applause

Why does this sound like it came from tumblr

Powerful entities can do whatever they want with little consequences.

hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/star-wars-han-solo-movie-firing-new-details-behind-phil-lord-chris-miller-exit-1016619

Because ron howard and other big directors have enough clout that they can't get pushed around like some literal who, would want some level of creative control, and they dont need the work when you can get a movie produced on your name alone.
It's a bit of a shame since all the first phase marvel projects had pretty diverse directors that had a little more of a directorial flavor.

Why do these assholes even try to get actual directors for their shit movies?
Why not get some retards from Hallmark like the Russos hacks.

Because of name recognition. How else are you going to put "From the director of..." in the trailer and on the posters? Also, replacing one big name with another (as is the case now) is the perfect damage control because this way you reassure fans that you are not handing it to just anybody but actually somebody credible - the franchise is safe!

It's like North Korea. They applaud or they get fired

I guess marketing. But they're probably past the stage of even faking it now. I don't think there's a single person of worth attached to the MCU.

>pulling an Andrew Garefield.
What did he do?

This is all a smear campaign by DC boys.

after sony fucked TASM2 up and he was taking alot of flak for it he fucked the japan ceo of sony off by not showing up to a meeting-dinner to discuss spider-man

Why can't they just buy their names and just keep shit in closed doors?
>"Hello Steven Spielberg? Can you 'direct' our Jabba spinoff?"
>"idk, i got a tight schedule, I'm working on a sequel for The Color Purple."
>"Oh no, you don't have to direct it, but just say that you did. We'll pay you even"

Because the unions wouldn't stand for that shit.

because people would verify that shit, "why he isn't on the set etc"

you want yes men, but yes men who had at least one good movie in their career

>because people would verify that shit, "why he isn't on the set etc"
Consider it PTO. Just be on the set. You can play on your phone or finish scripting your passion project while posing for Empire and Rolling Stone magazine covers.

>How else are you going to put "From the director of..." in the trailer and on the posters?
The same way they always do: From the producer of... Or from the guy who hired the craft service on...