Just push him into the lava

Yeah I get he's your friend but we're talking about the fate of Middle Earth here.

it was a different time

>would kill your friend

Typical elfshit. DO NOT TRUST.

Imagine if Tolkien had made Sam have to push Frodo into the flames at the ends of RoTK. It would've had such a profound impact on the tone of the entire series.

>WATCH IT ISILDUR
>AW JESUS MY FUCKING HAND

I never got this ''sacrifice your friends/family for the good of your people''. They are your friends and family, they care about you and probably love you as well. ''Your'' people don't give a fuck, most don't even know you exist, fuck them.

How dis make u feel elfboy?

who says they were friends

>that smirk
Must be happy he got his taxes done early

Hahaha I know that meme xddd

lmao me too we may've been in the same thread

DUNEDAINED.com

The lore. The faithful that escaped the downfall, lead by Elendil, isildur, and anarion maintained contact and friendship with the elves even after the rest of numenor was cutting ties under the thrall of sauron.

friendship in middle earth meant you saw each other once every five years though

To be honest LOTR elves are more of the "not my problem, my race is leaving this world to the men retards in 2, maybe 3 thousand years"

When one is a race of immortals, and the other lives for a hundred plus years then that's practically like seeing them every weekend.

>LOTR elves are more of the "not my problem, my race is leaving this world to the men
Only in the third age. First age history is literally the noldor making shit "their problem."
Plus all the elves who never made the great journey.

>third age. First age
is lotr the fantasy with the most stagnant technological development of all?

Its not a matter of if he should but one of if he actually could. The guy was a Numenorean which is Tolkien for Greek demi-god. They were all super humans that were many times stronger than normal men and lived longer.

I'm not an expert on Tolkien power levels but it would be a close fight for sure.

>your friend
More like his fucking great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great grandnephew. Elros that founded Numenor was Elrond's brother, and Isildur was a direct descendant.

Why not fly the eagles to Mordor?

When there's pretty much no need to progress yeah.
And Elrond is only Half-Elfish in the first place. He might talk the talk but I'm pretty sure he couldn't walk the walk.

Link doesn't work.

The reason technology stagnated was because Elves were static creatures. They despised change, and most of the time they were the dominant race. When Men took over, so did technology start to improve.

It's pretty funny when you think about it, before the Fourth Age, technology only improved when Saruman/Sauron were in charge. Both dabbled in science (eugenics, genetic manipulation), industrial growth and a rigid state structure more reminicisent of an Absolute Monarchy than a feudal state like Gondor and Rohan or a pseudo-anarchist state like The Shire. But then again, the author was a bit of a luddite who had only seen the bad sides of industrialisation (war and pollution) and none of the good sides (improvement in medicine and higher standard of living).

>starting a feud between humans and elves after just kind of destroying Sauron

Why?

game of thrones

>implying I care about some mutt
She's not even a full elf bro.

Hey Elrond where's Isildur?

*millennia of war between elves and men ensues*

Proud and happy for both of them desu.

Elder Scrolls, technological development goes in reverse there
Space travel and giant killer robots were possible in the past, but now that we arrived at Skyrim, plate armour is almost too much

He would not beat him in a fair fight. Isiludrs father was 8 feet tall demigod who owerpowered Sauron (with some help). His son was probably no slouch either, also Elrond was always scholar first, warrior second.

More like
>Hey Elron wheres Isildur?
>...
>He fell

Would cause WW3 which the elves would lose.

Elrond was playing the long game 24d dwarven chess to make the humans weak and dwarves weak so he can take over.

rolling

Elves have honed their skills and craft to such a level of perfection that normies call it magic.
The first age was mostly caught up in trying to survive and fight morgoth. The second age was recovering from losing a continent. Dwarves wrecked themselves wiping out orcs west of the misty mountain, and the numenorean kingdoms had been in constant decline creating a dark ages.
Sarumon and Sauron, disciples of Aule, were really the faces of technologic advancement.
Consider that the author survived two world wars (he served in the battle of the somme, mordor is based on no man's land) so you can understand why the man was a luddite that prefered the austerity of the bygone age.
Technology isn't bad in and of itself according to tolkien. What he saw as bad was that it gave men power without wisdom, which is destructive.
If you lookat every good character treated as powerful it was BECAUSE they were wise and compassionate, not because they knew lv. 12 magic missile.

Her elf cunt got ranged

Typical kike tactics
I bet OP is a dwarf

>push IsiliDORK in the lava
>"Damn Isilidur got ambushed by some Orcs in the mountain, at least he died a hero destroying the ring"
Why didn't he do it lads?

HOMO'D

>Why didn't the angelic being/demigod murder a familial relation in cold blood and then lie about it?
I-is that what you're asking?

How in the everloving-fuck is the shire a pseudo-anarchist state when they have a democratically elect mayor running the show?

>Fucked his aunt
Nice

>let me interject my """"""witty criticism""""" into a franchise I know nothing about

>mayor
>running the show
The mayor of the shire did positively fuck all besides preside over ceremonies and show up whenever there was free food.
The shire ordered itself more or less, the tooks and brandybucks were the real "powers" in the shire but mostly just because they were the two oldest and biggest clans in the shire.
But the shire is just small and rustic enough with more resources then they could hope to use with hundreds of years of peace and isolation, so you don't really need a government. Especially not with magic people were the biggest concern is if you're going to fuck your thicc hobbit bitch and smoke pipe weed before, or after elevensies.

Literally how every tolkien thread on Sup Forums has started since the last hobbit movie.
Say what you want about those shitty movies, but it was an excuse for a renaissance of tolkien threads on Sup Forums.

>But then again, the author was a bit of a luddite who had only seen the bad sides of industrialisation (war and pollution)
You forgot the mustard gas and the repulsive sound of tanks crushing young menĀ“s bodies like insects

It's because there's no tax on battle loot.

>mordor is based on no man's land

No, it's based on "the black country" in Birmingham, which was "black" because of all the soot and smoke of the industrial center.

I'm pretty sure almost no being in middle earth would be able to deliberately destroy the ring. If Elrond had fought Isildur and won, he'd go up to the edge and then turn around again as well.

yes yes very good however

wasnt eldrond half numenorian himself

Isildur was a dependent on Elronds taxes

meant to respond to

No. His twin brother Elros, who was also half elven but chose to became human, was the first numenorean.
Elrond and Elros were a culmination of all the important bloodlines of the first age. The noldor, the great houses of the edain, the sindar, a maiar, and their parents literally saved the world from morgoth and became demi gods.

As usual, it makes more sense the way it happened in the books.

Also, the movies made Elrond too much of a jerk.

Where'd the elves go at the end of rotk and why did they leave?

Their powers are naturally declining, as it is time for Men to inherit lordship over the middle-earth. Most sail west to Aman, where they can preserve themselves further but from which they can never return to middle-earth, while those who remain gradually grow weaker and smaller, eventually becoming the tiny little elves mentioned in other folklore.

>implying anyone would have to know

HUMAN'D

>raceofmen'd.com

They're a bunch of cowards running away to their safe space.

When the elves first awoke there was nothing but star light because melkor broke the lamps that lit the world, and was lurking in the darkness.
The gods went out looking for the elves knowing when theywould wake but not where. When they found them they were all invited to the west to reside with the gods in safety.
Most went with them, some hid, some got lost or fucked off along the way, some decided to stay behind.
Of those that returned to the west agroup known as the noldor followed feanor, lord of the spergs, into swearing off the gods, killing kin, and going back to middle earth to start shit.
After the bad blood was settled they were welcomed back to valinor, and any elf that wanted to go was able to travel back via the grey havens.
A lot left, but plenty stayed because they loved middle earth. But as the ages go on the magic of creation diminished and so those elves who stay will soon be out of place in a non magical world unless they return to the undying lands with thdgods and their kin.