Guys i need your opinion about ethics

guys i need your opinion about ethics

im making a short film, and one scene requires me to kill a couple alive fishes, and im starting to have doubts if i should do it, i mean on one hand there is this saying that no piece of art in the world is worth more than even a life of a worm, and then theres a scene in oldboy where a guy eats a live squid. What should i do?

bump

Fish don't feel pain.

no way to edit the film to not actually kill em?

i'd have problems with this dilemma too OP

well not really, they wont be killed on screen lets say, but they wont survive the shoot, i will need atleast 4.
i thought this too but i did some research and apparently there are lot of scientists who believe they actually do.

Pls don't do it. I hate when directors do that kind of stuff. It's like trying way too much to be edgy.

>BREAKING NEWS: user makes a new film and KILLS 4 animals
>"Film creates controversy over animal killing"

It's like killing those animals not for the film but because of the news coverage.

If you want to kill something then kill insects since nobody would care about them.

im not killing for the shock of it, the scene requires to have a gasping fish on a ground, and a fishtank with fishes being destroyed, and i dont have budget to have cgi fish

Work around it fag, not only are their lives worth more than the probable trash you're going to churn out, but limitations and the implied invigorate art and artistic expression. Have a shot with them there, and a shot of whoever killing them without showing the actual kill. Then have a trash can nearby and have the actor throw some fish you bought at the market into it slightly in the background while in the foreground is now an empty aquarium.

You answered it yourself. It's alright if you eat it after.

No but they're stopped from living and feeling anything at all.

think of a way to edit that shit in with cuts, like destroy the fish tank -> fish falls out, gasping -> invisible cut to the exactly same looking fish that's already dead

yeah was thinking about it, a bit of mental gymnastics but should do it. decided then

>grab actual fish
>cut and add some fish looking thing
>destroy it
>???
>PROFIT

yeah but if fish falls out and is gasping, its dead already, there is very little chance of it being alright after this kind of damage, even if i put it back in a different tank after, it will probably die in couple of days

Oh my god it's two fucking fish just kill them

They can hold their breath for under a minute or two

who was in the wrong here?

yeah but it will fall out of a destroyed fish tank, with broken glass everywhere and a impact damage when it hits concrete

Largely the scientific community believes they do.
On the other hand oysters and such don't feel pain. So if oysters work for the scene then go for it.

Ok I read the rest of the thread. Oysters won't work sorry.
I guess if you're fine with eating animals then just eat them. If it makes you feel any better they probably will suffer less than the fish you eat everyday that just either bleed to death for 30 minutes or suffocate.

Any place that sells fish has dead fish. Just ask them for some and use them in the tank break if you have to.

If there has to be a shot of fish wriggling on the ground, it would require
>shot of alive fish in the tank
>shot of dead fish in the destruction of the tank
>shot of alive fish wriggling on the ground
>shot of dead fish dead on the ground
or OP could use dead fish for everything after the first scene, but would have to imitate wriggling by moving dead fish with thin strings or something

They're fish. They aren't even fucking sentient. Even if they do feel pain, they wouldn't even be able to process any emotion over it.

It's not like you're killing a child or something. Do it you fucking pussy.