/tpg/ Twin Peaks General

We're Nuclear Edition

>pastebin.com/pZgXp6xm

Meanwhile

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gyHnatbXl5s
twitter.com/RWitherspoon/status/879364873305571328
articles.latimes.com/2012/jun/22/entertainment/la-et-mn-david-lynch-has-no-ideas-for-a-new-film-20120622
youtube.com/watch?v=fiwtDoxHT2Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Did we just witness the greatest television episode ever created?

The latest episode was kinema and there's no disputing it.

First for self-indulgent tripe

fpbp

First for Lily

First for GOT A LIGHT

In all configurations
The curve is the thing that can go back on itself
Over and over
As the stars turn around each other
And light the way for travelers
Who come along through time
Looking for that one that could bend the path just so
To take us home
And light shines
And light shines
Around the table, where they all sit smiling
Hands with fingers moving as they tell their stories of being lost
Then found
No matter what the place, they saw the face
Of one who showed the way along the road well-traveled
And light shines
And light shines
But so few were seen and sometimes it was a figure alone
When night came and thunderstorms
And rain fell from clouds which hit the sun
And no birds sing, no flowers grew in this darkness
Which closed around and smothered the man
To strange dreams of wanting
Yet never knowing what
And light shines
And light shines
And a longing was the only feeling left
As the road way grew narrow and steep
And the clime was like an aching in the dim light
One foot after the other upwards
A man at the crest
Which is thought to be only a wish
The dawn king like warriors with sounds filling all sky
And a roar deep as the bottom of hell
And light shines
And light shines
And light shines
And light shines
And light shines
And light shines

first for pissfu
youtube.com/watch?v=gyHnatbXl5s

it definitely feels like it

The girl is Sarah Palmer
The 'negative men' were born from the nuke?- pure evil
The Giant is in the white lodge- sent Laura (pure good)
Laura is corrupted?

Is this correct??

Do you think the people responsible for green lighting the series were fired upon screening of this episode or allowed to keep their jobs until the season is over

JUDY?

B-but muh coffee and pie!

OFFSCREEN CRIMES OF DOPPLEGANGER COOPER

>Murdered Major Garland Briggs, beheaded him, raped his body, raped his head and burned his office down
>Raped Audrey Horne while she was in a coma after the bomb at the bank, first with different parts of a dog, secondly with Major Briggs' decapitated head (She had a son, Richard Horne, the guy from the bar who later runs the kid over with his truck)
>While in the hospital pissed on Pete's corpse and shit on the parts of Andrew Packard they could salvage after the bomb blast
>Jaywalking
>Raped and murdered Donna while forcing James to sing "Just You and Me"
>Raped and shaved James
>Raped Harry and then shoved 90 pounds of RICE up his ass along with two gallons of BLEACH(that's why Harry is sick and dying)
>Raped Little Nicky
>Raped Dick Tremayne
>Does not pay his taxes
>Executed and raped a FBI agent in Columbia after Albert gave Jeffries the name and then dismembered his body to make into a dancing manikin with dog parts and Major Briggs' head
>Humiliated Diane and then raped, beat and abused her after going to her house shortly after leaving the lodge, forced a dog to rape her as well before dismembering the dog and putting parts of it up her ass and leaving her traumatized
>Coerced poor truckers to read books on Tibet before beheading then raping them
>Never returns his library books
>Yodeled at then tortured, raped, and murdered Annie and then used her head along with Major Briggs' head as bloody sock puppets to reenact the opening scene of the Dark Knight Rises
>Litters constantly
>Mounted a dogs head on a pole after raping and killing it and chopped off all its legs to use as a crude message delivery system
>Instead of paying his speeding tickets he tracked down and raped the police officers

I actually teared up slightly at that scene where the giant was floating and making gold dust but I don't know why

I really dont like saying this meme, but fuck man if last night's episode wasnt kino then i dont know what is.

When ruseman shoots Evil Coop it looks like he only shoots him once and then that same footage is played immediately after

The general consensus is that Laura is bait to trap BOB. Or at least it was last night.

The girl we have no idea about, frankly. It could be Dougie's mom and that's how we was created, but I don't think it's Leland's mom as Leland wasn't possessed until he was a kid and his grandfather's neighbor was apparently bob

Fingers crossed Showtime sees then numbers dropping to astronomically low points and releases all the episodes at once soon.

wtf my ears I hate Lynch now

The theater that ???? watches the nuke in is literally a German style theatre, I figured this place would catch that and go nuts with kino posting.

Also he birthed laura from a golden vagina above his head

Kinematic televised imagery

Sure, if you are a pleb

I thought Kino was finnish or slavic or something

so this is how it feels to be lynched... the next episode's gotta have more Dougie shenanigans r-right?

Can someone point me in the direction of an early draft of FWWM? I've seen a cap of the scene where Coop and Laura sleep together get posted around here, but I'd like to see the whole thing, especially to see what Cooper's original role in the movie was going to be and if Desmond's scenes wound up being identical.

Fucking hell that is cringeworthy. I mean I liked the episode but that's ridiculous.

There's someone on Reddit taking every side of everything. They loved Hillary and Bernie before her and there's r/the_donald of course

Go back

are we liking this show ironically now, or what?

Last night the initial reaction was very mixed.

Holy shit, that gaff tape holding the pinecone microphone together... lol

twin peaks is close to Seattle
>user has never had to hire big name acts by following their touring schedule and offering them them a decent amount of money in a city near a bigger venue

I just watched the episode.

Did I get lynched?

That guy who introduced NiN looks like Jimmy Scott.

I'VE

twitter.com/RWitherspoon/status/879364873305571328
>Reese Witherspoon likes the new season

LOL BOBBY I FOUND A PINECONE LMAO

In the episode with purple eyeless asianfu, she says "Hurry, my mother is coming" and then shortly after Cooper is in the glass box pic related appears in it, as if it were following Cooper. This thing also barfs up the Bob particle, meaning that this must be the mother of the lodge spirits, or at least Bob and asianfu. It looks just like the Eraserhead baby with a fully grown woman's body and the vomit it spits up looks identically like the foamy shit that comes out of the Eraserhead baby when it's cut open and then it's head starts floating around everywhere all huge. This black and white dimension looks EXACTLY like the world of Eraserhead and the bob particle looks just like the planet from the opening scene to Eraserhead.

What does it all mean?

There are people on reddit who like everything you like yknow

>The Pinecone is one of the oldest symbols known to human kind. Pinecones have been found all over the world in various cultures symbolizing Human Enlightenment, the Third Eye and the Pineal Gland.

>The pinecone in its physical form has a spine that spirals in a perfect Fibonacci sequence in both directions. This also known as its Sacred Geometry.

>The “Pineal Gland” which is named after the pinecone and depicted as a pinecone symbolically in cultures around the world, is located in the center of the brain and is directly linked to the body’s perception of light. Many ancient cultures referred to it as the “Third Eye,” the “Seat of the Soul” the “Epicenter of Enlightenment.”

I like that ruseman is alive at least.

>Plebs who have never watched any surrealistic kinos past Lynch and Jodorowsky think this is the greatest thing ever shown on television

lmao, the episode was 7/10 at best.

This is exactly what I thought, I thought it was him until I remembered that he's fucking dead.
AND I'LL SEEEEEEE YOU

I don't know how we get an episode with the best special effects of the season that also has a Birdemic level gunshot special effect

This.

You don't learn this stuff at editing school.

Maybe Lynch can get her to go topless for season 4

It's German for Movie Theater, originally

whats some cooler stuff, im interested

PINECONED

giv good surrealism pls

American Girl (Ronette Pulaski) is the one who says "my mother is coming" not Naido the asian woman.

Are there many kino TV episodes that are like this, though? It doesn't even fit the tone of the rest of the season so I get why people are going so overboard with it even if I think it's too much.

I'm honestly glad we're getting anti-nuclear messages on modern TV. It may seem dated in 2017, but there's a dated mind leading the free world in 2017.

How many Michael Snow films have they aired on prime time TV

That's right. Doesn't affect the rest of my statement though.

Give us some examples of something better then

Serious question: Is that Chester Desmond on the right screen as Gordon asks where he is?

>UUUUAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAW
What did Trent mean by this?

Is this going to become recurring bait-kino?

Wow you're a really cool fella with exquisite taste

Wow, Lynch, Wow, you're ripping off Malick now?

>Watches Tree Of Life once

So what do you think the thing that Lynch was working on in secret for a certain character this episode? The one that Kyle talked about in an interview.

Not him but Evangelion did it better desu.

I think it's the Venus statue

Someone tweet this episode at Drumpf

got a light?

>But he hasn’t been a big fan of the latest work from a lauded American auteur. “Some people go nuts for ‘Tree of Life,’ ” he said. “I love Terry Malick. But ‘Tree of Life’ wasn’t my cup of tea.” Asked what he didn’t like, he repeated. “It wasn’t my cup of tea.”
articles.latimes.com/2012/jun/22/entertainment/la-et-mn-david-lynch-has-no-ideas-for-a-new-film-20120622

So that thing was mother right? The same from the glass box and the one in the mauve room? Is that's why she is called mother? Because she gives birth to these spirits?

Nigger I love EVA but only End of EVA was surreal at all and it's a completely different style of surrealism than Lynch. You're an idiot.

Did what better? EoE 1. wasn't on TV and 2. was literally made for plebs who couldn't deal with the superior EoTV.

>Evangelion did it better desu
"no"

I think so brobro. I think so.

Why? It looks nothing like it.
EoE and the real last episodes were both great and they both coexist, one doesn't overwrite the other.

No Twin Peaks for 2 weeks.

My dad believes that god won't allow anything past hiroshima and nagasaki.

Lynch just fucked us all in the ass and now he's not returning our calls for a fortnight.

placeholder lyrics, it'll be some shit about pigs, picking up pieces or something and not being stopped by anything the next time he sings it

Only a moron would liken the two. I don't think Lynch has any problem with intense visuals of environments, he shot a highway for how fucking long in the 90s.
What we got last night was more like a reverse 2001, if you ant to stick with the 5 pleb directors you've seen. faggot.

>Why? It looks nothing like it.

the "Mother" looks like a statue come to life, they don't look exact of course

Did anyone else catch that Ray was talking to "Phillip"?

There are niggers really talking about Japanese cartoons on a Twin Peaks thread

Kill 'em, kill 'em all

Name another television episode as good as this one.

Amazing song
youtube.com/watch?v=fiwtDoxHT2Y

Bunuel and Almodovar are the most famous directors but there are many other like Chytilova, Svankmajer, Rivette, etc.

How do I into NIN

The Fly episode of Breaking Bad

Nothing I said implied that EoE isn't haopening concurrently with EoTV. The former was indeed made to satiate the needs of peasants who couldn't grasp the TV ending, which is superior thematically in all regards.

What did he mean by this?

>breaking bad

>jap shit and Trump

The Test Dream

>the episode where Shinji gets lost in the Sea of Dirac
>Asuka getting mindraped
>EoTV
>not surreal

S2E1 of this very show was 1000 times better.

>Leader of the free world
That's a stretch since Germany and the EU decided that they can't rely on Trump.

This guy has no taste don't listen to him

You really dug deep there, christ almighty.

start with Pretty hate machine

>S2E1
fuck, meant the finale