Why was there a giant lizard in in the schools basement?

Why was there a giant lizard in in the schools basement?
Why couldn't some of the worlds most powerful wizards kill it?

Why didn't they use the time turner to kill voldemort as a baby?

time...is a flat circle

There is lots of bullshit wrong with Harry Potter, but this one is only said by retards

The entire plot of the book where time turners were introduced is that there are no alternate time lines. If it happened, it happened. You can't go back and change anything because once it already happened

>logic is only applied in a movie if you read the book first
Dumb apologists like you are what's wrong with movies.

Snakes aren't lizards though

CHILDRENS
BOOK

>Why was there a giant lizard in the schools basement?
Because Salazar Slytherian put it there so it could purge the school of mudbloods
>Why couldn't some of the worlds most powerful wizards kill it

They didn't know about it, plus it has the broken ability to kill you if you look at it. Potter had a powerful sword and the Phoenix blinded it which got rid of said broken ability.

In the movie too, dumbass
Harry is saved by a white figure.
Then he realizes that he was the figure.
Then he goes back and saves himself.

But there was never a time where he was not saved.

To be fair, The Basilisk in this film had a distinctly lizard-like head and eyelids. Snakes don't have eyelids, but worm lizards do.

You can't just create a paradox and ignore it you fucking pleb.

>Because Salazar Slytherian put it there so it could purge the school of mudbloods
ss13 hogwarts version when?

That isn't a paradox
It's time nonlinearity

That means it's okay to be retarded? Yikes, what a sad opinion.

>That isn't a paradox

It's actually classified as young adult :)

Why was Voldemort so over the top evil?
Why couldn't he destroy wizard society by planting his followers in key positions among society and slowly over many years inject ideas of progression and and accepting of muggles into their society. Slowly destroying the pure blood Aryan wizards?

Who saved Harry the first time?

Why wouldn't someone just shoot the cunt?

Harry did
It's a circle
Where is the first point in a circle?

>this is the guy that doesn't think this is a paradox

why didnt someone just call the police?

Is asking "where the corner of a circle is" a paradox?

Why didn't Harry fuck Hermione while Ron watched in the corner crying?

Refer to the grandfather paradox for your stupid circle bullshit to be proved a paradox. Fucking retard.

A better question would be why would they create one of the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises. Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the seriesüf only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but itüfs certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books are g-g-good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King

God you're stupid.

Grandfather paradox is EXACTLY what is avoided here.
In Harry Potter timetravel, you can't change the past so you CAN'T have paradoxes

based dullestposter

They do change the past fuckwit. They save buckbeak and save harry from the dementors

The grandfather paradox doesn't change the past because you always exist to go back in time to be your own grandfather, just like the bullshit in harry potter you stupid mongoloid.

So the first time it happened, turner-Harry and Mione just popped into existence? Woah....

The grandfather paradox is when you go back and kill your father, not fuck your grandmother you giant perv.

Yeah?
From the prospective of the time they arrived in they did.
Just like all time travellers would

>pride & prejudice
>anything other that hot garbage stuffed with and smothered in shit tier

opinion discarded

They didn't change anything
Harry was never sucked off by Dementors and Buckbeak never died.

Future Hairy and Hermaphrodite didn't come from a time where Cuckbeak and Hardly died. The came from one where they already succeeded.

that's the only reason i visit harry potter threads anymore.

Happy 20th anniversary i guess

So what would happen if they used the turner to go back to a time when voldemort was a baby?

When I was a kid and saw Hermione put the turner around harrys neck as well I always wished it was me. It seemed so intimate. I guess I was always a ronery faggot obsessed with tfw no gf.

Any attempt would fail because they know Voldemort grew up.

Sounds a little more like divine intervention at that point. I don't buy it.

Morfin kills them

>time-turners can create future clones to solve dilemmas that haven't come into existence yet
>they are sentient and can manipulate the future
>time-turners are the gods of the harrypotterverse

>dilemmas that haven't come into existence yet
Yes they have.
The whole point is that everything has already happened
It's like a book, even unread pages are still there

Well if you have the ability to travel back in time then it's possible for causes to occur after effects so long as the causal power travels through time

>Because Salazar Slytherian put it there so it could purge the school of mudbloods
Where did he find some random ass giant lizard? and how did no one see him bring it into the school.

>They didn't know about it,
So they didn't know about it even when random kids were mysteriously dying huh.
Fucking Dumbledore couldn't use some detection magic to find it?

think of it this way: it was a close time-like curve
thats how you avoid the paradox, but you still have to explain how exactly can magic do that (which the book doesnt).

Everything has "already occurred", the universe is a block, each moment is a slice, a cross section of the block, living in normal time is traveling through the block on the axis perpendicular to these cross sections.

A time turner just puts your brain into the moment your clone popped into existence in the past.

Dumbledore might have been more powerful than Salazar slytherin, but he might not, both Voldemort and Salazar slytherin were capable of creating anti detection-magic magic

what if harry went back in time and just slit his own throat?

>close time-like curve
You're full of shit. Some dumb young adult novel writing waitress has no concept of mathematical physics. It's a plot hole.

0/10 work on the introductory sentence before you post it again

Just like Shakespeare was too lowborn to possibly be the one to write those plays right?

Exactly correct.

>Where did he find some random ass lizard
He didn't find it, he bred it. If you take a chicken egg and place it under a toad for incubation it makes a Basilisk (This is actually the classic lore of the mythical creature and not something Rowling made up, despite it sounding retarded). He simply knew the means to create one even though it was forbidden even in his day to breed such a dangerous creature.

>How did no one see him bring it into the school
He probably bred it from the egg within the school, dude was also a founder of the school. He probably had the means and the followers to get thing into the school as well as build the chamber of secrets under the other founders' noses.

>they didn't know about it even when random kids are dying
I always took it that there are a lot of things in the Harry Potter universe that could kill you (or petrify you) without leaving any physical damage. The killing curse for example. Also keep in mind that a Basalisk is supposed to be a rare and forbidden creature, not even Dumbldore had likely ever encountered one. Lastly, Salazarr wouldn't give the task of a genocidal agent to something that a future wizard could just port in and blast with wand-piss. The Basalisk was something that could go in and kill someone without leaving a trace, it was made for the job. Why wouldn't there be some sort of charm to keep the thing hidden?

If a couple kids can discover the the fact the lizard exists, find its location and then also kill it within a couple months I find it hard to believe all the very powerful wizards in the school couldn't do the same with the years they had.

One kid was an intellectual prodigy and the other was being manipulated by a talking book. If you want someone to blame for ruining Salazar's plan blame Lord Moldybutt.

>no alternate time lines.
Someone hasn't read the cursed child

Sure you can, it's fookin' magic innit?

oi, fuck them wizard tossers then

There's no paradox, he was always there, stop being a pleb and stop thinking of time as linear.
Imagine one or more physical dimensions we cannot perceive, turning time from a straight line into a physical plane where events are placed and interconnected.

It's a model based in Novikov self-consistency principle, and the most accepted hypothetical model of time-travel(despite it being you know, bullshit - it's the most comprehensive and self-consistent with our current understanding of nature.),
It's rarely used in entertainment fiction because it makes pleb heads hurt when they try to stop thinking of time as an inexorable linear progression with a clear "start" and "end", and if they do manage it - they get butthurt, because this model shows in no uncertain terms that "Free Will" is an illusion, since whatever we do has already happened from a different quantum PoV.

The rare works of fiction that use it are, for example: The OG Terminator, Predestination, 12 Monkeys, Primer etc,.

Cursed Child is disgusting
Do not mention it again

I'm on #teamparadox but no, cursed child isn't canon.

>Slowly destroying the pure blood Aryan wizards?
But wasn't that the opposite of what he was trying to do?

Obviously JKR is a fraud. There was no reason for Voldemort to want "pure-bloods" around anymore than muggles. His thing was all about self-improvement and being the most powerful. Why have other powerful pure bloods around him? Wouldn't it be best to wipe out all wizards so he has nobody to contest him? So ya, your idea makes more sense.

>Why was Voldemort so over the top evil?
it was a childrens book

Why didnt Harry just punch voldemort in face

???

I don't believe he had Jewish ancestry.

Be a better question so they will have to make one of the dullest franchise in the history of the film franchisees. Boy Wizard and his friends from the Hogwarts Academy, they have been separated from each other to fight the mixed villains as the following. On one side, from the sad imagination, seriesüf has only made the lack of stability enthusiasm and ineffective use of special effects, to make all the magic unmagical, the action seems to be inactive.

Maybe the die was cast when Rauling spielberg chanted the idea of directing the series; She is convinced that the series is a work of art for her books that anyone is wrong for any means? Cross-promotion just will never be ridiculous profitable. The Harry Potter series may be anti-Christian (or not), but certainly itüfs wonder, anti-James Bond series in its denial of beauty and enthusiasm. Nobody wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they have to do now.

> Gg is good at least books, though
"No!"
Writing is terrible, the book was terrible. As I have read, I have seen that every time a character went for a walk, the author rather wrote the character that "spread his legs."

I started marking that phrase repeated every time on the back of an envelope. I stopped after only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so much cliches and dead metaphors that he has no other style of writing that is controlled by. Later on I read a grand, love review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He said that some of the impact was written, "These children are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, so when they grow up they will have to go on to read Stephen King." And he was very right. He said that the irony was not being done. You, in fact, are trained to read Stephen King when you read "Harry Potter"

>Shakespeare
>implying he wrote ANYTHING

>Isn't that the opposite of what he's trying to do
Yes, that user is making a joke about how the Deatheater cause has similarities to the Nazis and the idea of racial purity, a common and lazy means to make an organization seem villainous. From user's perspective, subverting and destroying an ethnic culture with multiculturalism is the truer evil.

>There is no reason Voldemort wanted "pure-bloods"
Well yes, he never really cared about the whole thing, it was all to get followers and start some shit because Voldemort went into the wizarding world thinking magic would make him a god. The only Dark Lord in the series that actually intended to establish pureblood dominance was Dumbledore's Ex-butt buddy.

wtf I'm woke now?

Open your third eye brother don't be letting the crackers cloud your mind with their white lies.

If they use the basilisk to destroy horcruxes and harry contained a horcrux then how come he stll had it after the basilisk stabbed his arm? The other items werent completely destroyed after the sword/fang was used on them so why did harry still have vodemorts powers am I missing something?

It didn't kill him.