I will save you 1:40:00 of your life, it's absolute shit

I will save you 1:40:00 of your life, it's absolute shit.
And I mean the kind of hipster shit that will make you wonder how the fuck did this movie receive such positive reviews.

The plot is slow and there are more holes in it than in a gruyere cheese.

It panders to an audience that likes "psychological horror movies" a.k.a. millenials.
Millenials that will get all shaky when they see A FUCKING NAKED WOMAN WALKING SLOWLY TOWARDS THEM good terror there uh?

It's a fucking abomination of a movie, being the soundtrack the only redeeming factor.

Im honestly wondering where's the "masterpiece" everyfuckingone is talking about.

serious question, what do you think "it" was?

>millenials like psychological horror movies

Watch the Shining you fucking nigger.

This movie is about non stop dread, sorry they didn't suck your dick to make a fucking jumpscare shit fest. Horror genre is saturated shit, and this is the first fresh movie to come out of that genre in years.

But it's actually a metaphor for STD's! It's super deep trust me!

>Comparing the fucking Shining to this travesti

Are you sick in the head?

>A FUCKING NAKED WOMAN WALKING SLOWLY TOWARDS THEM
spooked me desu

also the lanky one, that dude was fucked up

But then I am a millennial I think

Maybe it's the wokest movie yet and they were refering to it as (((it)))

no it isnt, fucking somebody doesnt get rid of STDs you pleb.
the metaphor is death is coming for you and the only way to cheat death is to have sex and produce a child that carries on your genes.

fuckin millenials

>The plot is slow and there are more holes in it than in a gruyere cheese.
So, none?

It's almost like interpretation is subjective

>The plot is slow and there are more holes in it than in a gruyere cheese.
gruyere doesn't have holes
are you american

>the mental gymnastics

Dude, there's one thing I hate above all fucking else in the movie industry and it is when people like you try to find the meaning to a poorly made movie that tries to be deeper than it, in reality, actually is.

To me, you are that guy with a scarf and big fucking glasses taking a look at a blank canvass with one big black stripe in it and saying "hmmm yeah the author tried to express his loneliness there."

For fuck sake dude.

Certainly not a masterpiece but it's a decent indie movie that was made on a budget of two million dollars.

Nobody actually liked this movie on this board ya dope. It's a meme like Babadookie and Inshittious and most "horror" movies on this board

Only the most severely brain damaged kept watching after the beach scene

there is nothing subjective about STDs, they dont go away with the more people you fuck.

It's a very simple and overt metaphor. It's so fucking obvious you'd have to have half a brain to miss it. This isn't a difficult movie.

>Babadook

Why do people eat those shitty movies like pancakes and praise them as masterpieces.
I have seen both of those you quoted and man, the trailer was the only thing remotely good about them.

>I couldnt see it so people are making this shit up!
dont hate the movie, hate your brain.

Can you post your actual criticisms of the movie then...?

Because it just seems that you have generic complaints that consist of nothing but "I hate it because it was popular"

Come on lad, let's have a friendly discussion.

No, of course it's not a difficult movie user. It's a movie without a meaning that expects the viewer to do the narrative job by theorycrafting the "deep metaphor" of the film instead of presenting the story in a suitable way.

tfw he has to wait till the previous thread archives to post this pic again.

>It's a movie without a meaning that expects the viewer to do the narrative job
No, the intent is pretty fucking obvious. As I said, it's an extremely overt metaphor.

Without a doubt.

>The characters were one dimensional and it's literally impossible to empathyze with any of them, being Paul the only one remotelly human even if its a fucking autist.

>The cinematography, even if good at times, relied on using the same 360 camera sweep to induce some sort of suspense.

>The story has a lot of plot holes, for example when Joy goes to the beach alone and swims in underwear with the intention to get the attention of the 3 guys on the motorboat. Did she fuck em? I guess not because it gets debunked just 5 mins after so what the hell did she tried to do there.

>The "creature" is never explained and Im not directly complaining about the mistery of its origin but the lazyness of its writing. You can't just say "wow dude I fucked and random people follow me" it's absolutelly lazy and gets you out of the movie really quickly.

Shall I go on? I mean, im not too deep into the film world so Im not using my word as a professional and seasoned critique but come the fuck on this shit has a 97% on Rotten Tomatoes.

>>The story has a lot of plot holes, for example when Joy goes to the beach alone and swims in underwear with the intention to get the attention of the 3 guys on the motorboat. Did she fuck em? I guess not because it gets debunked just 5 mins after so what the hell did she tried to do there.
Wait, how is that a plot hole?

How and why did it get on the roof? Why didn't it go after them? Was it just some homeless guy?

whoosh

Because it's absolutelly uneccessary to keep the story moving forward.
I mean, what were her motives? What moved her to do so?

The characters are so poorly written that you really don't know that they are feeling in each scene besides dread and concern when the creature appears.

Joy's sister, Kelly if I recall correctly offers 0 meaning to the story, the same as her friend with glasses and a magic clam that still don't know what the fuck it is.

The only characters that make the story somewhat tight and interesting are Joy, Paul, the guy that dies after fucking her and Jeff.

To me it speaks like they tried really hard to make a conveying story about a invisible killer and how would the people around you react yet there's really not much there to tell.

Maybe Im crazy but wouldn't be more interesting to actually try to find the meaning behind the STD or curse or whatever it was than just 1 hour of running from people furiously walking towards you?

started great. got pissed off the more i watched it.

underrated

>Also, OP can't into terror

You're so fucking stupid faggot. Go jump out a window.

>I mean, what were her motives? What moved her to do so?
She was desperate. I thought that was pretty obvious. I think you need to read the meaning of the phrase plot hole, because lack of clear motivation does not fit the definition.

It is indeed a plot hole because I don't know what happened there, I don't know if she fucked them or not because the time skips kill the remaining tension of the movie.

Exactly what happened.
I watched with my gf and both of us stood there shocked thinking about what the fuck did that movie tried to convey.

That's literally not a plot hole

i really dislike it when characters making stupid decisions are considered plot holes. people make stupid decisions every day.

however. the scene where they meet up with the guy she slept with and he's explaining how to survive the thing and she's just plucking the grass looking bored just fucking did me in. not to mention the guy fucking her knowing she's being followed. fucking ridiculous.

Well, then what shall we call it? Because it was certainly not explained.

Just like it was not explained why her dad appeared in the pool without any explanation of who was her dad or what he did.

At the end of the day if you are going to make a 80's horror movie at least try to make the characters enjoyable to watch or at least easy to empathyze with.

>tfw you dont know how to greentext and get triggered by a single image being posted

>Well, then what shall we call it?
Ambiguous.
>Just like it was not explained why her dad appeared in the pool without any explanation of who was her dad or what he did.
This isn't a plot hole either, just so you know.

the only good part was the hot girl farting
>actual realistic sounding girl fart in movie
muh fetish

thankfully that's in the first like ten minutes

>have literal autism and spam the same image hundreds of times for absolutely no reason
Seek help

Then what shall you design as plot hole? Because to me, something not explained previously that holds great weight to the narrative of the movie and remains unexplained IS a plot hole.

One of the few well made horror movies in the last few decades. Horror movies are complete shit 90% of the time. It is a shit genre that caters to low brow for its bread and butter. Every now and then one sneaks through that has some quality.

This is one of them. That some horror purists hate it is a badge of quality.

>getting bothered by an image being spammed on the tv section of a ching chong fortune cookie pedophile secret underworld

Find some help as well

>n-no you!
Great comeback retard

I disagree with everything you just said. Well done.

Thanks for the (you) Mr. TRIGGERED

>cinematography was good
I'm so fucking sick of this meme
Do any of you shit eating retards thy actually liked this hot slop even know what cinematography is?

A plot hole is an error in continuity or internal logic of a narrative. Stylistic or narrative choices that rub you the wrong way are not plot holes.

Sounds like a nice painting desu senpai

Keep replying so I can keep reporting your posts

I think we should all just collectively, as a thread, take a deep breath and then kill ourselves.

>thinking reporting posts does anything

>being a tattletale

Did you already run out of meme baseball player images?

Samefag

Ending ruined the film, why not make a final conclusion and end the film with a real ending ?

>It's one of THOSE horror films

Fuck that shit

Babadook was better than It Follows.

>The monster had more of a meaning
>The mother and child bond
>The mother's grief over her husband
>BAAA BAAA DOOOOOOOK

It Follows was just... the first and second Acts were great, 3rd act was poor and miserable. Made me wish I never watched the movie and read the summary on Wiki.

Best Horror of recent years is The VVitch , I recommend EVERYONE in this thread to watch that piece of cinéma.

Gruyere cheese doesn't have holes, though