Death of X four-issue miniseries announced (Soule/Lemire/Kuder)

>Over the past few years, the mutants and Inhumans of the Marvel Universe have shared an interesting relationship. The X-Men were once Marvel’s flagship franchise, have recently focused on sorting out their own problems rather than taking center stage at world-changing events like Secret Wars. Meanwhile, the Inhumans, once a fascinating corner of the Marvel Universe, are now more populous and widespread than ever, thanks to Black Bolt’s Terrigen Bomb awakening latent Inhumans all over the globe. Now, the rival relationship between these two disparate, diverse Marvel groups has been literalized with the revelation that the Terrigen Mists don’t just give Inhumans powers — they’re also deadly to mutants. This October, Marvel will publish a four-issue miniseries, Death of X, that dives into this complicated relationship, and fills in some long-awaited questions about what happened in the eight months since the end of Secret Wars and Marvel’s “All-New, All-Different” reboot.

>“Right now things are not good for mutantkind,” says X-Men writer Jeff Lemire, who will co-write Death of X with Inhuman scribe Charles Soule. “On the flipside, Inhumans have been growing and becoming more prominent in the Marvel Universe. There’s a lot of tension between these characters about that, and also within the fandom.”

>Any mutant/ Inhuman conflict is, by its nature, larger in scope than a scuffle between two different groups of Avengers. Both groups are large, diverse, and encompass villains as well as heroes. And this problem, too, is nearly impossible: the Terrigen Mists are vital to one species’ survival and deadly to the other. The stakes couldn’t be higher in this apparently zero-sum game. Though leaders like Medusa will obviously have big roles in how things unfold, don’t expect a uniform reaction from either side.

Other urls found in this thread:

ew.com/article/2016/07/07/marvels-death-x-mutants-inhuman
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>“For both sides of this, it doesn’t affect just a small group of them,” Soule says. “There are heroic Inhumans, but it also affects the bad guys and the psychotic ones just as much as it affects the nice love-and-happiness ones. It’s not just their livelihood and way of life but their very lives at stake, so they’re gonna react the way you think they would. Some people move to some kind of shared solution, but there’s a lot of superhero punching and blasting and stuff like that.”

>Most of Death of X takes place at the beginning of the post-Secret Wars eight-month gap, and as a result will answer some burning fan questions. Perhaps most notably: what happened to Cyclops? The controversial X-Men leader has been missing and presumed dead since the All-New All-Different launch. Death of X will finally fill in some of those blanks, in ways that will have major ramifications for the current-day storylines.

>“We’ll definitely see some characters who have been missing in action since the series launch,” Lemire says. “We’ll answer the question of where certain mutants have been, and what’s happened to them. Cyclops is the big one, he’s the one we’ve said was dead and that’s all we’ve really said. His death was very controversial, so obviously that’ll be a big part of the story we’re telling here.”

>To hear them tell it, Soule and Lemire are just as excited to reveal some of these long-burning mysteries as fans are to read them. But they’re still staying mum on important story details. For instance, what does the title Death of X mean? Does it refer to one specific death, or a more abstract “death” for the entire X-universe of mutants and X-Men? For that, you’ll just have to wait until October for the first two issues of Death of X (with the final two following in November).

ew.com/article/2016/07/07/marvels-death-x-mutants-inhuman

>kuder left dc to draw mediocre x-men books
>lemire left dc to write mediocre x-men books
>soule left dc to write bad inhuman books
how do they do it, it's not like their pay is any better from what I've seen

>Sorrentino left Green Arrow because of X-Men
Marvel is more well known, DC is where most creators lay down their best work. Marvel is where they get recognized. Moon Knight isn't even half as great as Lemire's earlier work yet this will be what people will recognize him for. I already feel sorry for Soule, his DC Stuff were all solid but what everyone will know him for is a mediocre follow up to Waid's DD run and Shithumans.

>Kuder being wasted here
I fucking hate Marlel and Berganza. Fuck you.

>Soule
>Lemire
Glad to have confirmation it's going to be shit.

>Next step in evolution
>Are constantly on the brink of extinction
lol

>the Terrigen Mists are vital to one species’ surviva
Wut?
>The inhumans still get children.
>Have alien tech.
>They need the mist to get super powers, but kill mutants in the process.
Shitty writting is still shitty writting.

.The X-Men were once Marvel’s flagship franchise, have recently focused on sorting out their own problems rather than taking center stage at world-changing events like Secret Wars
>the Inhumans, once a fascinating corner of the Marvel Universe, are now more populous and widespread than ever, thanks to Black Bolt’s Terrigen Bomb awakening latent Inhumans all over the globe

I like we have to pretend this was natural. Interest just spiked up! Instead of the deliberate shafting of the X characters

The inhumans are interesting but from the titles I've seen its hard to give a shit about their major players nevermind the new ones. An absolute monarchy lording over people they purposely transformed seems pretty messed up

>what happened to Cyclops?

About fucking time. Still, its hard to get excited about it when you know its going to be shit anyway. I'm not happy about Marvel throwing away 50 years of character history away to make room for a teenager with as little backstory as possible.

I don't blame Tyke I blame marvel, kid has big shoes to fill.

>Lemire writing more X-Men stories
Who thought this was a good idea?

well RIP Cyclops

Go fuck yourself Marvel.

So, we get to find out how X-23 (and Daken and Sabertooth) went from being powerless, dead and/or dying to her being the All-New Wolverine? Awesome. That's all that interests me.

Oh dear, they are going to 'explain' Logan/Sabertooth/Laura were Inhumans all along, aren't they? After all, they can get rid of the X-Men, or at least minimize their presence, but getting rid of Wolverine would be a terrible financial decision.

Rumor has it that he is going to be reveled to be alive in this series. I really hope that is the case

>We'll explore Marvel's Death of X-Men comics to push more Inhumans.

>the Terrigen Mists are vital to one species’ survival
This... This is a dirty whore life. Inhumans could stop using it anytime they want. But let's face it, they're hell bent on genocide.

good point.
It looks like more like an alien bodysnatcher invasion.
You get terrigenised
BAM
Now you are an inhuman and have to serve Medusa.
Thats more unbelievable than X-Men showing up on your door, rambling about save home and trainig your power.
Regarding mostly you have your mutant power sometime, are hated by people, while inhumans are discovered in a pod by inhumans and mostly most people dont want to kill you.

We have to boost the fuck out of sales for this do they know they fucked up. All their sales have been shit but it'll slap them in the face if they see a huge spike in sakes for this followed by their same crappy sales once it's over.

More they intend to kill a species of only for superhuman powers

/thread
Just wait and see, we'll have Cyclops organizing rape-trains on Inhuman orphans.

The inhumans didnt lose anything in cyclops war,hell they are praised while the mutants are in literal hell.

Whatever Cyke did it didnt affect the inhumans at all

That sounds inhumane

>Inhumans have been growing and becoming more prominent in the Marvel Universe.
They're force feeding us Inhunans. Just like they're force feeding mutants the Terrigen Mist.

Remember, Beast was right.

good one. kek

Dont know if they mean in universe.
At least not in popularity.

Lots of variant covers too.

I guess this is Belasco?

They constitute this month's Marvel variant theme. They are not variant covers for the actual Death of X mini

Would be great if they brought him back to life just for an Inhuman to kill him again for max Marvel pettiness.

>end of Death of X
>its revealed that Cyke planned it all
>he faked his death to be right from the shadows
>he and Emma are underground boinking constantly

>underground
>not Alaska

Bleeding Cool (I know, but it's not rumors shit) actually did an article recently about the differences between Marvel and DC exclusive contracts. This mainly applies only to artists.

With DC, even though you have a contract with them, they don't always have enough work for you. If a script is late, and you can't draw the pages since they don't exist, you don't get paid.

Marvel guarantees X amount of pages to draw every year; it's up to them to find work for you if scripts are late or something. The downside to this is covers don't count towards that total. They still get paid for them, but they learn when they think the contract's done they actually owe a few more pages, so might as well sign another exclusive contract. Then they're locked in again.

And both give you the standard healthcare and dental and all that.

Would be great if Cyclops isnt dead but underground plotting against inhumans.

But Marvel likes to turn their posterboy of property they dont own for cinema. See Mr Fantastic getting replaced by richards from ultimate universum.

That's a little suggestive. That, or I've been reading too much Berserk recently. Probably both.

>Would be great if Cyclops isnt dead but underground plotting against inhumans.
No, it wouldn't. We all know his team would lose.

Beast threads are poison to everything right and good in the world.

Are inhumans mutants or what?

I can find the power inside me to believe this. No one can break up Scott and Well Written Better Jean.

>That's a little suggestive

Dude, Belasco has no interest in Illyana now that she's an adult.

It's definitely a little weird given Marvel's recent shift in culture

Maybe he's underground plotting against Marvel editorial.

No they're faggots.

Mutates, not mutants.
>Wade, I have crazy mission for you...

Looks at the placement of the tentacle around her neck. Big. Blue. Floppy. Tentacle.

Its the perfect time for them to bring back the OP character that is Jean. So when they're about to lose Scott can be like, "oh fuck, its my giant space raptor god wife"

Sure,
but since Marvel likes to "reform" bad guys in the future Cyclops may end in a thunderbolts book.

And with his damages he has he is a little bit more interesting than his boyscout attire.
Even if this involved Marvel/fox shenigans and bad writing from Bendis.

I thought mutates were in the Savage Land?

Great, now I have to jack it to a demon sorceress and a Demon Hell King.

they are special

>Come with us user, you are an inhuman now
>Eh no...I have my entire life here
>You will be mistreated, humans will not understand
>Fuckers you purposely changed me. I'm not thanking you. Go away

At least if I was a mutie I'd see myself as a natural thing

Didn't Belasco die, like in the 80s? I thought he was in the perma-dead boat like Uncle Ben.

At least these gay ass mists could bring back powers to depowered mutants. *cough* Jubilee and Danny Moonstar *cough*

They don't need their powers back. All they need is to be in a well written book.

>At least if I was a mutie I'd see myself as a natural thing

This at least the xmen didnt turn you into a mutant.

You could have just stayed a human if not for those assholes.

Can we bring her back and have Cyclops: Best Family Ever ongoing?
>you get power by outside source
>mutate
Spider-Man, Hulk and Savage Land people are mutates.

This so much.

And regarding the time before the whole no more mutans/hope thing, you mostly lived some months with your power and frightened humans till X-Men arrived.
And even now the people are more bigots towards mutants thaninhumns as far as i read.

In other words, we refuse to ride good x-men comics...

You want another Callisto situation?

This was never in doubt

So was wolverine

>Can we bring her back and have Cyclops: Best Family Ever ongoing?
Not Knowing that him and Emma are the best family. Cmon man.

I love the fact that since the movie was cancelled the Inhumans are going to be quietly put back to their corner sooner rather that later.

Meanwhile we will still have X-books front and center for years to come

Where is the outrage? This is literally rape! REEEEEEEEEEE

>84326675
lmao

>Kuder
And another one bites the dust

I hate beast. Such a piece of shit race traitor.

>Cyclops: Best Family Ever ongoing?
How does that involve Jean?

Yeah but its gonna take years. Although it really helps that Inhumans is selling like shit. On the bright side, we might get a lot of time for some good character development. Well only if we get lucky.

He gets stabbed in New X-Men, but the guy always comes back.

Time is weird in Limbo, you can be dead and alive at the same time. Belasco himself is the evil corrupted slave Nightcrawler who slew his master Belasco only to assume his form, forming a nice time loop.

>implying I don't want all of Summers girls in one book with Cyclops having dinosaur adventures in Savage Land

"lets fuck up the timeline forever and bring myself and my best friends forward in time for laughs, that will definitely show Scott for starting a black ops team. " Then he went and fought on Captain Americas Black Ops team.

>wasting Kuder on this
I hate Marvel so fucking much.

Ugh, Inferno confused me enough.... this is crazy. Damn it Magik, why do you have to be so well written yet convoluted.

So as long the Mutants are getting fucked for the next 5 or so years, maybe we can really focus on the neglected X-team. Please Marvel? just one 30 issue series. or 100 thats cool too.

I would buy that every fucking week. Cable and Rachael can come too.

It's more like..."Let's fuck up the space/time continuum and bring myself and my best friends forward in time for laughs. That will definitely show Scott for killing Xavier." Then he went and helped the Illuminati blow up planets.

This user has class.

Oh sure, but Lemire's writing it, and 65% of the issues will be tie-ins.

>Soule
boy, it's going to suck

Inhumans don't need mists to survive.

And the whole "We don't have direct movie rights to the mutants" thing that clearly has no bearing to them being put in a corner during all the big flagship events.

>Marvel killing off X-Men and mutants to spite Fox
>using Inhumans to do it

just kill me my senpaitachi, I don't want to live on this planet anymore

Once flagship, still a flagship, judging from the sales alone

Inhumans are a Kree war project going back a few thousand years. Kree took some pre-mutants that showed genetic potential for being super-soldier combatants and experimented on them, using Terrigen Mists to finalize the process. The Inhumans rebel/are abandoned, are way farther along with a glimpse of future technology than the rest of the humans and make a splinter society on the moon. They continue a selective breeding program to try and maximize their powers in children without bad mutations, and they end up with a caste system(they have genetic dropout retards do slave labor, and this is a major plot point to some stories).

Let's chase the inclusivity crowd is not taking a stand on moral grounds it's marketing.

they are alien mutants. it's canon.
they use terrigent mists to unlock x-gene

>Wade, I have crazy mission for you...
Wouldn't be enough without Squirrel Girl.

Yep. It's not even taut; it's just laying there caressing her.

>have recently focused on sorting out their own problems rather than taking center stage at world-changing events like Secret Wars
Can someone remind me how many there were x-men tie-ins for Secret Wars, not counting books like Siege, or Red Skull?

didnt we have a leak some time ago about whats gonna happen?

>Both Cyclops and Inhumans discover about the mterrigen mysts, and want to keep it on the down low and work together to fix it
>Rogue wants to go public about it
>Cylops steps ahead and does the right thing it first so he takes all the blame instead
>Some mutants take it very bad and attack inhumans
>Storm X-men try to stop them, end up fighting scott
>Jean tries to shut his head down, but ends up finding the Void fragment in his head and gets rekt

>using Terrigen Mists to finalize the process
Actually the Inhumans created the mist

>make a splinter society on the moon
Attilan started out on earth and stayed that way until the pollution thing.

>They continue a selective breeding program to try and maximize their powers
Not since the genetic council got disbanded

>they have genetic dropout retards do slave labor, and this is a major plot point to some stories
Nope, they created the Alphas themselves, they aren't Inhumans.

Nope, Terrigen flip flops between two things. Either being a thing that mutates all that it touches, and being something that mutates Inhumans specifically. Considering its effects on the X-gene nowadays, I can safely say it isn't unlocking that.

yeah, wasn't that stuff Remender originally had planned?

And Lemire who admits that he can't write team books

This is a trainwreck

That was planet X, before Rick got kicked off.

>void fragment

Ah, glad someone remembered like eight years later

according to this leak we will get to see PIXIE slice the throats of Inhuman kids, but she was really mind controlled by Quentin Quire.

you are a casual, pic related
Inhumans are altered humans, who use Terrigen Mists to unlock x-gene.