Rock Dog

A feud between businesses in China is pretty much guaranteeing that this movie will flop when it premieres tomorrow. I thought China hated this form of capitalism?

>China’s film industry is abuzz with speculation that Wanda Cinema Line is willfully sabotaging the box office prospects of rival Huayi Brothers’ new animated feature Rock Dog (摇滚藏獒) by limiting screenings of the film, set for release on Friday, July 8.

>Wanda has only arranged seven showings of the film, amounting to just 0.3 percent of all films screened across its entire cinema chain, the largest in the country, according to Beijing-based box office tracker EntGroup.

chinafilminsider.com/wanda-sabotaging-huayis-rock-dogs-box-office-chances/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LIUte3JxkEs
youtube.com/watch?v=pAGMDOZhloY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Liu also said that the translator present at the premiere was “not allowed” to translate a question about the reported sabotage because “we don’t want the director [Ash Brannon] to wonder why Chinese people are doing things like this.”

>Wanda reportedly angry over poaching of executive to Huayi last year

Will the US and international release salvage this film, or go straight to VOD if it fails or too late?

>best-boy-looking-girl won't have the chance to be in a second movie.
china why?

>from the academy award nominated writer-director of surf's up and toy story 2
I thought it was gonna say something like "from the directors who saw surf's up and toy story 2"

She seems to have a decent role in the plot, as she popped up in the most recent trailer in several places. Not sure the movie had much sequel potential to begin with.

youtube.com/watch?v=LIUte3JxkEs

are they sabotaging it because of the whole china/tibet thing?
who the fuck thought it was a good idea to begin with?

>lips synch with english not chinese
better be a damn good english dub though i would prefer the chienese

That's a new one. Sweet.

ain't that from the two strings movie or something?

>drawn by based lonbluewolf

youtube.com/watch?v=pAGMDOZhloY

>go to the booru
>look for artist name
I just hit a goldmine

oh, that doesn't look so bad, would watch

I saw a preview of this movie and its rediculous. Dialouge the origin scene is really bad
>My act needs a name, we don't have a chance without a good one
>Nawww man, the music don't need no labels. It's just Rock, Dawg.

If you're going to lie, put more effort into it.

>be me
>in movie house
>watch rock of dog
>soldiers enters
>kill all persons and fire burn movi house
>still movie okay
this happened to me during preview of movie

i really hope youre not kidding

I'm genuinely wondering how this will affect Hollywood's perception on the reliability of the Chinese market to make a profit. It seems like an isolated incident right now but there's always a chance that it could happen again.

that's why modern movies are trying to pander more and more to chinese market

It's strange whenever I see some anthropomorphic characters barefooted and some not.

it's more strange when you see some characters with clothes and others not

Preference, perhaps? The same could be said in the real world. Maybe she simply likes the way the boots look.

Bump.

Why are they sabotaging rhe film?

politics

Okay, what politics?

Most Chinese people are confused by dogs that are still alive

Fucking this This thread has been up for hours but nobody has actually said why this is happening outside of some vague remarks about rival businesses and something about Tibet.

the one that say you aren't allowed to talk about the tibet, mention the tibet or make the tibet the hero of something. remember Bjork? I guess their government think it's a parody of that concert.

It was in the article linked in the OP. One company stole an executive from another company. That other company owned the largest theater chain in China, so as revenge, they only gave Rock Dog 0.3% of their screenings in China. The largest theater chain in China is only showing the movie seven times.

What a qt

Her name is Darma. She's voiced by Mae Whitman in the English dub. She even got her name on the posters.

someone post the cute white cat boy pls

He's an old man.

How Childish.

The Chinese do things like this because they are literally the goyim of Asia

doesn't stop him from being cute

I want to kiss that dog
Shame Chinese companies will not stop being scum and this will probably do mediocre numbers in America

I just don't understand why it doesn't have a release date.

Netflix COULD snatch the US rights

What are the wolves mafia?

Probably learnt from the North Koreans that all yankee's are wolves.

Probably a lot of internal struggling happening behind the scenes, which makes sense in China

Why do people do business with China when we should be bombing them into the stone age as punishment for being a shit-tier culture and society?

Because they give us cheap labor a massive cinema market

They dont even seem half as cool as them

Comeon Rock Dog, pull off a furry miracle.

What is this and when can I watch it?

It's the same movie this thread is for.

looks like some ANTZ-level garbage animation to me

It cost, what, $90,000,000 less?

Hooray

shun is best morenatsu

and yet moviegoers would have to pay the same ticket price

I want someone to draw Bodie in Shun's outfit

but then what will shun wear?

Bodie's outfit of course

Nah Shun would be naked

But that's lewd

Good idea

Ya'll niggas are gay.

My friend who is gay and a furry and did recommend me this game.Problem is that i am straight and not a furfag, or a big fan of waifu simulators. Is there a reason to play at all?

probably not

you dont have to be a furry to like it but if you're not into VNs then you probably shouldnt bother

Figured as much. The only one i played was Katawa Shojo and i didn't even finish it because i lost interest.

>calling promo art animation
I'll judge it once I see them moving.

I was not gay but i really enjoyed Juuichi's route, you really won't know till you try it.