Homestuck

In Heaven, everything's fine

Other urls found in this thread:

mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=006975
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You do not have the professionalism to talk to Hussie

Undertale seems like the most overrated game of the current generation

>no Davekat image from Gelasticat in the bottom part

It is, but it's still a neat little game.

This is Hell.

It's overrated and the fanbase is trash, but it is a fun game

OP are you the one spouting all the RLM memes in these threads?

I definitely appreciate that it's a game that encourages pacifism and the ability to talk down every enemy in the game. I always love speech checks in rpgs to avoid a fight

I just didn't care for most of the humor or the writing.

No, but I have a mate who loves Half in the Bag

Eh, that's fine. I enjoy the humor but I realize it's not for everyone.

hussie is a hack fraud

Can somebody explain the whole Bowman thing to me?

I'm really enjoying re:View. I want more episodes like Escape from New York where one of them likes it and the other doesn't.

/r/Requesting Joey pleading with the Kickstarter backers to kill her

He's a member of the music team who is beautiful and is also a meme

WHERE IS MS. PAINT

I wonder what Hussie's going to do after this. I heard he said he would keep making MSPA for as long as he could, but at this point if he just drops off the internet and disappeears forever, I wouldn't blame him.

I would. GIVE US HIVESWAP YOU CON-MAN!

He seems to be trying to maintain his internet personality through meme selfies, at least.

I can't believe Karkat drowned himself...

i can probably do this at some point

If Hussie had shown what happened on the post retcon meteor trip but everything afterwards stayed the same, is there anything he could have done with Vriska to lessen the blow of her seemingly reverting back to her old self?

remember how vriska valiantly helped rose combat her alcoholism?

When will this cancer get moved to /trash/ with the rest of the shit threads?

These threads pop up so quick! People participating in discussion makes me happy.

I thought the dancestors were interesting and would have liked to learn more about them except meenah because she got so fuckin annoying.

Can we save our time and energy in this thread and shut the fuck up about vriska. just agree that the retcon ruined everything?

Some of the ancestors were interesting, others were completely pointless. You could tell by the time we got to Meenahquest 3 that Hussie was scraping the bottom of the barrel for interesting archetypes.

>Kankritula
Shit ship. That asshole keeps on trashing Mituna hard for stealing his waifu.

Why didn't John save literally everyone? It was within his means.

It was weird to see him be okay with killing Condy.

Who was your favorite and why?
I liked kankri and porrim most, i think.
I couldn't find myself caring at all about kurloz or rufio, despite them being some of the most interesting to look at.

meh, don't worry, i still like mitula. i guess i just relate to unrequited love. but only the ones where the guy likes the chick, not the other way around, for some reason.

i guess thats why i like kankri and latula but hate janejake and katnep? no offense to

john has the personality of a doormat.

he's like tavros but he complains more, yet more likely to do what he's told

characters in homestuck act as the plot demands

we've tried, but /trash/ just deletes us

I think either Latula or Aranea are my favorite

>deleted from /trash/
Fucking how?

FUCKING ADORABLE

I'm going to go with the meme answer, mituna
I liked most of the dancestors when they were first introduced, but seeing how they amounted to nothing, it's kinda hard to like anyone who wasn't comic relief or amusing in some way
kankri and cronus were pretty good too

Do you think that magic, between conceptual and abstract in hope, could be replaced by miracles

>the poor cuck who got Blood as aspect

>Threads about popular comics and cartoons don't belong on Sup Forums
I love this meme.

Vriska never reverted. Post-retcon Vriska never changed into the fat slob that pre-retcon Vriska did by sitting around doing nothing for eternity.

There was no reason to explain or justify Vriska being old Vriska because she didn't go through anything that would result in a shift of personality. Showing the post-retcon ship and/or meteor also wouldn't have served any real purpose. We saw what happened, it was just those same events but with Vriska and without John and Davesprite.

>freedom

i went in cold and thought it was as good as the hype. didnt even know it was toby since i hadnt been reading homestuck since the trolls were introduced. its only about six hours long though so ive calmed down about it now, dunno how people stay that obsessed with something so small for so long

John is like a puppy. He has little to no internal motivations, or values, or goals.
Exactly 4 through the entire comic get him to act for himself:
-Something happens that affects him
-Someone tells him to do something
-He feels an emotion
-He is bored
That's it.

One-track mind, one-track heart. Only the present moment matters to him: his overall stance towards Vriska will be hate one moment and love the next.
Power and responsibilities are tremendously wasted on him. It would almost be a good thing, since he's not using them for bad purposes, but he'll do literally anything as long as a friend asks and says "trust me".
And if it turns out the friend couldn't be trusted he won't even notice. Or care. As long as it doesn't affect him in one of the 4 ways described above.

He's still the designated main character, because Hussie likes subversion.

Man when you put it like that John sort of seems like a sociopath

>Exactly 4 through the entire comic get him to act for himself:
>-Something happens that affects him
>-Someone tells him to do something
>-He feels an emotion
>-He is bored
>That's it.
Doesn't that describe literally everyone? Seriously, can you think of a person who did something that wasn't motivated by events, conversation, emotions, or boredom?

John refused to get cookies even though WV commanded him to.

Breath = freedom confirmed?

confirmed

Most people (read: characters in literature) have a individualized moral framework that they use to make decisions and are typically motivated by some kind of ambition or ideal.

hes a talking silent protagonist. which seems impossible but somehow it exists and its john. he is link, ness, crono etc. he has no wants or needs or character of his own outside of that of his 'player'. which starts out as us, the audience, and then starts up cycling through a bunch of different characters including wv, vriska and terezi.

im 100% certain this is intended

Michael BoOOOOOOOOOOWMAAAAAAAAan

Every other character acts for a reason, obviously, it all boils down to desires and needs (otherwise no one would be doing anything).
Thing is, John's desires are always absurdly simple and short term: he wants to win the game and keep his friends alive, but there is no middle step between his current situation and his goal.
So when he's acting for himself he ends up hitting things with a hammer and pushing others out of harm's way. He doesn't make plans, and he doesn't think critically: if something is threatening his simple values (e.g. it's a bad thing to let psycho serial killers like Jack roam free; Vriska is a psycho serial killer like Jack; Vriska is roaming free) he will not notice it. If someone brings this thing up he will dismiss it, because this kind of conflict somehow short-cirtcuits his brain.
But in theory, if someone tells him to stop Vriska, or if he is suddenly angry at Vriska because he saw her kill one of his friends, then he'll probably stop her.

He's a weird kid like that.

That's actually a great way to sum it up. I hadn't even thought about silent protagonists, sweet catch.

why is bowman's character arc so bad

basically john has aspergers

Everyone in Homestuck is autistic. Because Hussie is autistic.

Hussie writes what he knows.

2x AUTISM COMBO

the vast majority of early homestuck is attempts at turning videogame tropes into a 'real' story. theres plenty of obvious shit but less obvious ones include how doomed timelines represent times in a game you die and reload, for example. its not a surprise that andrew would try and explore how the silent protagonist trope character would act if he wasnt silent.

:33 < I hate Mondays!

the locksmith is one of the best characters in fiction, prove me wrong

>this whole line of thinking
silent protagonists can still have motivations you fucks

please pinpoint the motivations of the characters ness, link and mario for me.

Mario wants some cake and to tour the castle, gets bamboozled by browser and tries to save peach
Link wanted a fairy friend

Ness wanted fuckers to stop knocking at his front door late at night.

if link wanted a fairy friend why does he immediately skip past everything she says? if mario wants to save peach why does he spend 4 hours trying to jump through a wall in the right way so he can fall under the world? isnt peach gonna die if he wastes all that time?

>I

CARD

>if mario wants to save peach why does he spend 4 hours trying to jump through a wall in the right way so he can fall under the world?
because he's autistic, just like john egbert

the way silent protagonists work is that you're supposed to figure out their thoughts from the reactions of other people
this happens quite a lot in Earthbound because NPCs will talk about Ness's facial expression or restate a question that he would've asked

:^33 < *AC DOES WANT SHE WANTS*
;^33 < *AC SHOVES HER CARD IN YOUR ASS*

Put "Progress" between Motion and Freedom for Breath.

Think of John blowing away the glitches. He removed the barrier cast on reality so it could continue.

Also, "Paradoxes" should go somewhere for Time. Maybe between Constraints and Annihilation

silent protagonists are shit

ellipsis as character voice is like tragic past as backstory

It's like how Roxy steals Void

Man who gives a shit. I don't need Mario to have elaborate conversations.

I think I've finally found a good camera angle to get a base render from to paint over for that solo dyson land picture I've been working on.

Might actually get to the painting stage soon...

sort of looks like the art look for bec9's game

I hope Hillary gets elected so she can help delete Homestuck.

Sup guys? Anyone remembers Hiveswap?

Hillary's favorite character is probably Vriska

>There are people that still have faith in Hiveswap
If Hussie were captain of the Titanic, these fans would just dismiss that "small little leak".

>hillary liking anything controversial
her favorite character is roxy

Captain Hussie would probably purposefully crash into the Iceberg, and then have a ship about toxic Hydrodynamics while the ship sinks.

Fuck you, Donn Drumpf WILL make Homestuck great again!

We're not saying they don't have motivations
It's just that they have simple motivations and little to no notion of medium/long term planning

aradia...nooo...get away from the weenie...

but that describes almost all of the homestuck cast, not just john

ARADIA YOU CAN DO SO MUCH BETTER

>You don't get it, the ship sinking was a good end to the voyage. You just didn't like it because it didn't fit your expectations.

roxy steals void seems like a contradiction since hussie tried to make a strict system but "stealing the essence of void" seems more like interpretation than any meaningful system

>hussie tried to make a strict system
you gotta be kiddin

>As the water begins entering your lungs, you start to gasp for air, only drawing in more water
>As the agony increases, a single phrase uttered by a familiar voice rings through your mind
>Thanks for riding

"stealing the void" is a jarringly explicit consequence of a vague system based on interpretation

he pushed it as some logical game system

you know, with classes and aspects, the whole passive / active bullshit, the way classes and aspects are tied heavily to characters' personalities and what they do in the plot

it seems very mechanical, but then you have shit like roxy making stuff real by stealing the nothing out of it

mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=006975
is it bad that i got pretty mad re-reading dirk shitting on caliborns first attempt at art. the kids fuckin trying.

Why is there a game power that basically makes alchemization redundant?