>reduce Selina Kyle's role in stopping Bane
>have Batman defeat Bane solely, not lucky torpedo

FIXED.

>Condense entire middle act
>Plug all the plotholes
>Focus on good storytelling instead of spectacle
>Have more than 15 minutes screen time for Batman
>Remove 8 year gap

I think the most insulting thing about TDKR is that Batman "retired" from vigilantism after 6 months of active Batmanning for 8 years. And in those 8 years, no one but Alfred seen him? Pathetic story telling.

>focus exclusively on Bill Wilson and make him the new protagonist
>Batman died years ago so Bane is able to take over the city no problem
>Bill Wilson climbs out of the wreckage and promises to become a big guy who will be painful for Bane.
>Abandoning the CIA persona, he goes to the real CIA who turn him into Slade Wilson. Using the same hired gun he had years ago and a sword that steals the souls of its victims, he becomes deathstroke.
>Slade comes back and beats the fuck out of Bane using spinning, a good trick
>As Bane falls to the ground beaten, Slade takes off his mask and Bane instantly dies then he shouts "now I am in charge, clearly you would die if I take the mask off and you aren't even that big of a guy"

Why is not believeable that the Batman can't hide for 8 years? He's networked and loaded to the max, that's not even a real challenge. There were no plotholes, just structural weakness like making Selina Kyle your hero and also stiff as hell easy to anticipate fight sequences, at least give the actor a lighter suit for the combat scenes jeez. Sure we can add our own creative changes but what I highlighted would make the movie closer to excellent. I agree with you that there should have been more Batman screen time and also I would add more practical detective work. Those are fun.

Hell I'd even add Riddler into the mix in my version. Have him manipulate and double cross Bane.

Batman didn't hide for 8 years, Bruce did. In 8 years, he was never seen in public, was in active mourning, and Alfred never once told him the truth so he could get over it. It was a real problem in the film, that everything supposedly moved forward EXCEPT Bruce still living as if TDK happened a week before the beginning of the film.

Bruce/Batman is the same person. He doesn't have any friends. Those that are, know he's batman. What do you mean? The love of his life...died. Obviously he's going to mourn for however long it takes. Some people mourn their whole life and deteriorate. Bruce has an obsessive personality anyways. It makes sense.

Bruce Wayne, billionaire playboy and socialite, wasn't seen for 8 years, hence why I pointed out that Bruce was hiding, not Batman. That's not believable. You don't mourn for 8 years, and in the case of Alfred, you don't WATCH your adoptive son mourn for 8 years, and not do anything, especially when Alfred had the deus ex machina ready to go as soon as it looked like Bruce was getting back to Batmanning. Like I said, everything in the film except for Bruce/Alfred feels like 8 years have passed, while the Bruce/Alfred storyline is played off like TDK happened a few weeks ago. It's poor storytelling.

>summer 2012
>6 years ago

>a sword that steals the souls of its victims

What do you mean you don't mourn for 8 years? I already told you many people mourn for even longer, some people even kill themselves, God forbid. Bruce has been haunted by death his whole life, it even ate his future, Rachel. The dude is not even normal in the head to begin with. Unfortunately for Alfred he has no say for what Bruce is going to do. They haven't seen each other since the death of Rachel so obviously they're going to start where they left off. They're not gunna be like hey man how's the weather while I was gone? The case is morbid and mentally jarring and scarring. This isn't normal circumstances with normal people. Bruce is the mask of Batman as we all know. This dude could of been living in a cave for 20 years, it would still make sense. He's clinically insane to an extent.

I wish this was me. Cyborg body > meat bag body that develops cancer and other shit. Take the lungs too, those things are trash.

>remove plane scene

>They haven't seen each other since the death of Rachel so obviously they're going to start where they left off
Alfred was looking after him user

>have Batman still being chased at the beginning of the film, like it's an ongoing investigation and he has to stay one step ahead of them.
>focus more on Batman's internal struggle and the titanic battle between him and Bane rather than the side characters.
>don't have ALL the cops go down into the subway. Have most of them, yes, but it would help suspension of disbelief if a few stayed up and had to be killed by Bane's men or whatever.
>keep Gotham as a more unique city, not just New York.
>either have Batman die at the end or leave his fate ambiguous.
>cut dumb restaurant ending. Just have Alfred look up and smile and then cut to black.

Excuse me my bad. Still doesn't make a difference, someone dies some people go manic or depressive or rage full. It still makes sense, he didn't get over it. He's not normal man. He literally believes he can single-handedly keep Gotham crime free. He spends time thinking about people like Joker 24/7 kek. He's a sketch bag too understandably.

split the film into part 1 and part 2.

First film ends when Bane starts revolution "to youuu...the people...this city shall endure"

more scenes to show passage of time and bruce healing

I like some of your points, especially fading to black with the smile.

Batman retired after TDK. He was literally not Batman for 8 years. It was complete horseshit.

This is getting confusing m8s kek

The movie is perfect as it is. Hotheads leave.

The fighting is almost atrocious. So stiff and slow. Clearly acting. And only a cuck would say they liked the way batman needed to be saved.

Holy shit the gap between the builds is the fucking batman logo
How did I miss this for all these years

>remove everything after plane scene
>????
>profit

It's a stupid plot point.

>I think the most insulting thing about TDKR is that Batman "retired" from vigilantism after 6 months of active Batmanning

EASILY the most frustrating thing about the time skip. It cuts out all imagination on what Batman was getting up to from the viewer and makes Bruce look like a little bitch.

Bruce didn't hide for 8 years. He hid for 4. The movie says he tied up all his money after Rachel's death in the 'clean energy reactor'. Then when he learned it could be turned into a bomb he gave up, becoming a recluse.
Also note the guys in beginning talking about how they hadn't seen Bruce at a Harvey Day event 'in years'.

Not at all. Doesn't even affect the movie. Pacing and screen time was the problem. Mostly the points I highlighted.
He was MOURNING, you MORON

>He was MOURNING, you MORON
last time he did that he became the batman though so he should have become and even battierman instead of retiring

And how long did it taking to become batman. Hmm let's see...like 20 YEARS.

yeah but he's already done it before this time

New death, new hurdle bud. It all unravels. You can get over the future once but the second time your world shatters it's much harder, especially if that was your way out