Is this worth checking out?

Is this worth checking out?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/DmdOnM_NTIE
youtube.com/watch?v=odu0PvFGyMc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

no

Seasons 1 and 2 have literally the greatest pacing I have ever seen in anything.

It's super enjoyable until le girl power xD feminism and SJW in general goes 0- 100 real quick.

Lagherta is best Vikingfu

I heard this was a big downer. But don't a lot of girls get rekt in fight scenes? Or is it just cringe tier 130 lb females over powering men

Season 1 is good, but actually has terrible pacing. Season 2 is a lot better. By Season 3 the Viking shtick is getting old, but the unification of England plot line picks up the slack. Season 4 is a hot mess.

Overall the show is a 6.5/10

This is one of my favorite shows. Like all the characters are great and interesting to watch. They all have cool stories. And it has this mesh of history and myth.

I'd almost want the creators to go do an Ancient Greece show. Like Hercules The Legendary Journeys, but serious. (To clarify, Vikings only really hints at the supernatural; its up to the viewer to decide what's real)

And "If I Had A Heart" is a dope fucking song

>waahhhh the es jay double ewe!

Fuck off.

>no
This, they kill Ragnar, pretty much killing the entire series.

Lagertha overpowers dudes, but it's usually a matter of her skill rather than overpowering them. It's not like she's punching dudes and they fall. She stabs them

She's a main character though. Plenty of other women get rekt. There's some prominent characters who rape and murder a bunch of women in season 4 with no consequences, which is anti SJW values when you think about it. If it was SJW, they would've received some kind of comeuppance

I'm coming from watching Spartacus and I saw the first season of Vikings because I need it something quite similar to Spartacus. I was disappointing. The pacing is trash in the first season, dialogues are anime tier. The landscapes and the atmosphere is pretty great tho. I'm questioning me if should I try to give it a second chance with the second season, but I don't know. First season was overwhelming. Having watching Vikings I really appreciate more Spartacus.

>Floki respects & doesn't kill muslims.
>Muslim girl stabs & killed his wife in the end.

baka senpai.

Well it's expected that one chick will be badass (she's the queen/chief too right?). I heard it was just cringe battles with half the vikings being girls and them still beating everyone. If it's just one or two chick's being good with a sword that's hardly something to bitch about muh realism

Lagertha trains other shield maidens but the emphasis is really on the shield wall tactics as the thing that leads them to victory. It's not that a bunch of women lead the charge, and there are far more male warriors.

Has anyone watched The Last Kingdom? How does that compare?

At the point when 'the one badass chick' becomes powerful in the queen sense, her entire personal army (and I mean it literally all of them) turns to women.

>literally hundreds of female soldiers show up out of nowhere, what used to be one or 2 random women fighting among men turned to a mixed army free of misogyny and hate
>'what do you mean I won't literally watch you fuck my wife and like it? we're vikings remember'
>the one bloodthirsty religious fanatic who has maintained character for 5 seasons straight (virtually only one character to remain true to his essence) is literally out of nowhere hypotized by the top of a mosque from the other side of town, once inside praises the people praying there and literally tells his friends that he will defend them with his life
>his viking wife ends up adopting a brown muslim while they're at it
>the writer himself is recorded on video shilling his agenda, such as established female soldiers being normal and common (which never happened and it's simply not true)

No one said that this is SJW: the show, but if you don't see obvious fragments of PC culture in it, then who cares what you think. Floki becoming Islam's N°1 fanboy was the only thing that really bothered me since the agenda behind it was insanely obvious.

Definitely.

Wait this show has pro Muslim sentiment during an era where the crusades were a thing? OK now I understand the PC accusations

a rough rating by you user but pretty damn true. I really regret watching 20 episodes of season 4

First 3 seasons are good. The first part of season 4 is watchable, because of Pic Related

Just watch what I said and accept Rollo won

this, she looks good for 40

What did they mean by this?

youtu.be/DmdOnM_NTIE

Forgot pic related...

He respects their devotion I guess, praying in the middle of their village being slaughtered.

>Kills priest because he is a threat to ancient gods
>considers becoming Muslim after two seconds in Granada

This happened before the Crusades

Norse tribes aren't Christian

You're dumb

I wouldn't say S1 is good, more like passable. It was okay, watchable, but overall nothing special. S2 was arguably the best. S3 was interesting, with that amazing battle at the end (better than GoT's battles imo), S4 was schlock. It's a 6/10 for me.

S1: 6
S2: 8
S3: 7
S4: 4/5 (not because they kill Ragnar, but because it's just plain bad - who the fuck does casting for this show?!!!?!?!!?)

The show takes place a good two hundred years before the first crusade, right at the end of the early muslim conquests.

During the scene where muslims first appear in Portugal, they are show as this loving, peaceful community (within context) via a woman shopping while smiling, who are attacked by some unknown evil force (the vikings), when in reality that's how they settled there in the first place.

On top of the show having a track history of showing no respect for religion and showing very few, if any, religious people in an honestly good light, they go ahead and make the one viking character who is the most obsessed with his own religion, and hatred of any others for not being the true ones, fall in love with the sight of the top of a mosque. After walking in, he's taken aback by the people praying there, and praises them, as he literally says something close to 'look how hard they are praying', because despite murderous invaders breaking into the mosque, literally not a single person is even in the least bit shook, even when they literally walk over them (fior reference, when they did the same with Christians, panic ensued instantly, whether a group of monks, or random people in mass). After they kill the iman, the one obsessed with norse religion viking declares that they will have to kill him if they dare kill another muslim. After that, his wife adopts (kidnaps) a little muslim girl that survived the raid.

I usually try my best to stay away from Sup Forums types, but this is one the most hilarious cases of PC agenda I have ever seen in a show.

Loki is swede
what did they man by this?

I arrived up to the Siege of Paris and I am afraid of going further. Should I stop? It could count as an end after all..

You can watch up until they return to Paris. Stop right there. Rollo carries the show

There were multiple crusades. And if vikings hated Christians they would have hated Muslims too. If this show depicts Christians being racist towards pagan cultures but Muslims being tolerant, then it's a big steaming croc of shit.

Yea lol, that sounds retarded as fuck. Im not a fan of Sup Forums either but PC agendas can fuck right off too

Loki is an Ice Giant, not a swede.

The entire first season is all about burning churches and murdering monks. Then they come across muslims praying and decide not to kill them because the muslims are too cool to kill or something.

moors were black?

WE

Reminder that he did absolutely nothing wrong.

First seasons are ok but the whole show isnt really going anywhere. story and character and everything is pretty dull.

Show should have ended with season 3
Loki, rholo and ragnars son Bjorn should have died in that paris attack. With floki trapped in the fire and cutting his throat to avoid burning and rholo drowning and ragnar finding bjorn dead with 2 bolts in his back. Atleast that left some emotions, but next scene they were all ok and ruined it.

The only people who say the show has SJW values are alt-right idiots who are basically sjw's themselves looking for anything to be outraged by.

The show enforces notions of the patriarchy, and routinely shows women getting raped and btfo as well as being subservient to their husbands. In season 3 a princess cucks her husband and she gets publicly shamed and almost executed (pardoned at the last moment by the King), while husbands in the show regularly fuck whores and rape women on pillages, with no consequences.

shit the bed when the priest guy died

Floki being superstitious and not murdering the praying Muslims is not him being their number one fan. It's not like he converted. It just got to him. It really depends on how they explore it

And the little girl murdering Helga isn't really pro Muslim

Also the "army" of shield maidens follows after Lagertha establishes herself. The more she gains power, the more others follow her example and train. This is not historical but it's not outlandish either

t. reddit

You've convinced me to never watch this trash.

He respects the devotion of them to their god and is curious and interested by it. In retrospect when he raided the Christian church at first, all the people were screaming like pussies, and when he tried to take the gold cross (he had no idea what the cross represented) the priest tried to stop him so he killed him.

>DA PRIESTS WERE ALL PUSSIES
>HE KILLED THEM BECAUSE THEY FOUGHT BACK AGAINST HIS THIEVING
hmm

>muslims care more about their faith than death
>christians are easily scared
Pretty realistic tbqh

The first two seasons had no much SJW shit but horribly written antagonists, the most recent two seasons have better written antagonists, but the SJW shit goes off the charts.

I agree.

*tries really hard not to look at Christianity's entire history*

*makes doubley sure not to look at where the word "martyr" got its current meaning*

youtube.com/watch?v=odu0PvFGyMc

Just watch the scene for yourself, look at the pussies cry out in horror when he spits out the wine, the he starts teasing them by doing it more. Think of how low he thinks of them. On the other hand, the muslims were having their entire town raided, but were completely devoted in prayer.

He also stated he was fascinated by their devotion yet they had no objects or symbols to represent their god. Whereas the christians were pissing their pants over the wine and the golden cross he wanted to take.

I unironically agree to this.

Oooh, you're a muslim. Just say that next time, paki.

Also, it's almost like you don't realise that the writers wrote the muslims like that for a reason. It's like you think that scenario existed beforehand and the writers only wrote the faggot's reaction to it.

The best storyline is yet to come. Unfortunately the cuck writing it will no doubt contrive it to somehow make Alfred lucky or evil or some shit.

Watch The Last Kingdom instead, it's such a comfy show. And unlike Vikings which started good and went bad, LK gets better over time.

I watched the first season and was moderately entertained. Should I continue?
Does the slave monk ever convert the heathens?

Athelstan's faith is one of the best parts of the show. It's too good to spoil

kek im an atheist, but it's also an obvious observation to make that most muslims are more devout to their religion than christians. I guarantee a much higher percentage of people who identify as christians don't go to church regularly, as opposed to muslims who most of which have to pray like 5 times a day.

Stop confusing "cultural Christians" in 2017 for the likes of John Sobieski, you fucking spastic.

I'll wait while you google John Sobieski.

He did a lot wrong but he was a great character and a good actor
He's also my favourite character just because the way he died

Nigga don't bullshit yourself.

Raiding savages storm into a mosque and literally NOT A SINGLE PERSON goes 'huh what the fuck is this about', that shit simply doesn't make sense.

Also

>people of X religion are more devout than from Y in places where denouncing X literally means death

I watched it in argentina when it was on netflix there, but when I cameback to the US it wasn't on netflix

it was breddy gud

I kinda wish I didn't drop it, but I don't have the patience to get back into it either. I did at least finish season 1 which I thought was great.

Post more of Lagertha's lips

I think it's underrated if anything. A lot of episodes are really profound and memorable. I prefer the contemplative, surnatural episodes to the ones with a lot of actions even though some action scenes are epic indeed.

Floki was memorable, that was good acting

Yeah, and the reason that's still the law to this date is because most of the population is perfectly okay with it, if you were the least bit redpilled you would know this. Just look up surveys done in muslim countries. It's also the reason so many muslims are "susceptible" to radicalization, because the strongly believe in their religion, to the point many of them are willing to kill themselves for.

The fact that the term "cultural christians" exists just proves my point. Have you ever heard of "cultural muslims"??? No because they all actually believe in their fucked up ideology.

>have you ever heard of cultural muslims?
Yes, absolutely. See: every single fucking muslim that's too terrified to become an apostate because they'll be fucking murdered. You are one seriously dumb cunt.

post gifs and webms of viking girls getting rekt in battle

>whites

no it isn't

I want her lips wrapped around my 5 inch chub

I really want to -----------kiss them--------

The first two seasons are great, then it quickly went downhill, then they killed off Ragnar and there's no point in watching anymore.

I'm done with this silly argument because there's no way you actually believe that in today's age the average christian is more devout than the average muslim.

That's actually how neopagans think.

more feets

Of course I can. I can prove it in simple numbers.

Jesus commands that we do not kill. Billions upon billions of Christians follow this commandment every single day.

Mohammad commands that we kill the non-believers; cut their heads and fingertips off. Maybe what? Couple hundred thousand muslims do this sporadically?

Christians are more devout and faithful to Christ than muslims are to their prophet.

Not to mention the discussion began with me mocking you for your attempt to shift goalposts from 15th century religion to 21st century religion and you responded by ignoring that and trying to frame every single post after that around religion in 2017. You are one sad little muzzie.

Stay triggered, paki.

Can you dipshits take your Sup Forums talk somewhere else? Fuck, every fucking thread. No one cares which religion is right.

Floki is a mystic. He was weirded out by the complete lack of an image for Allah. Jesus is a dude on a cross and easy to mock, but he had no clue what Allah is and decided to play it safe when he didn't understand.

It's not that difficult and doesn't involve one group being better than the other.

I stopped watching around 3 episodes into the season with a billion episodes...it didn't feel the same

Before that it's pretty fucking kino tho

daily reminder: if you don't want lagertha to publicly castrate you with a dull knife, then you don't know SHIT about television or film

>another mongoloid that acts as if the writers only write Floki's reaction and not literally every single other thing in the show that framed Islam in such a way that that was Floki's reaction
Do you lot unironically have autism?

He tried to defend them with his life, that is just too much nonsense even if we believe that they completely ignore their imam getting his head cut off.

great show. it takes a couple of episodes to really get going but travis fimmel is fantastic.
also the supporting cast is great, rollo, bjorn (adult), Floki, jarl borg, halfdan & harald finehair are all great

also a great show and yes i agree it gets better and better. S2 > S1 and S1 was good

i agree with this user. I saw Floki's scene as being in line with his fascination with all things religious.

curiosity is one of the major drivers in vikings universe. Its the difference between Ragnar, Ecbert and athelstan, and every other character. Floki showing some of that curiosity to learn about the world rather than just smash it up is an interesting development

>I'm fascinated by all things religious
>these religious folks? Kill them
>that thing they appear to be worshiping? Steal it and desecrate it
>that building they're worshiping in? Burn it

Fascinating insight m8

its like this guy said though floki sees christianity as a shit version of his gods. his gods look like humans, have human traits, and fuck things up. christian god looks like a man, who was nailed to a piece of wood. why would he respect that?

however the islamic god is something different. its consistent with his character for him to be interested in islam, and to assume that the god being worshipped in this temple must be powerful to inspire such devotion, and thus not to be lightly fucked with

Watch Season 1 then stop.

The writers didn't invent the difference between Islam and Christianity. They didn't invent that no images of Allah are permitted. They didn't invent the style if prayer involved.

They didn't invent the concept where pagans would often accept the existence of other gods.

They did invent Ragnar's curiosity about other religions, Ragnar and Floki's deep bond, their sometimes rocky relationship, the part where Ragnar ultimately freed and spared Floki and tried to care for his daughter. After all that Floki is changed and this is a sign of that organic to the story, based on obvious and historical differences between religions, and the way they interact.

>ayy lmao le fighting woman
>muh medieval swinger scene
>have we added the right admixture of hipster?
fucking rubbish m8

The show must be alright to warrant such a discussion

He literally enters a trance while staring at the mosque's top from across the town while killing people. When he enters and almost cums watching at the people praying he still doesn't know they don't have a visual representation of their god.

Stop using that shit excuse.

Christ Almighty, just listen to yourself. It's probably tough understanding your own words with both the writers and Mohammad's dick in your maw at the same time, but do try.

Half of the mocking comes directly from the writers penning muslims as steely warriors with nerves of steel when praying. They are not. They are human. Ever see something go wrong in a mosque? They scatter like rats. Same as the rest of us.

It isn't only Floki's reaction that is laughable (laying down his life for a bunch of random browns he'd have happily slaughtered 2 episodes prior) but the entire scenario that was written to facilitate Floki's sudden admiration.

I can't believe I had to explain that 4 different times to you autismal cunts.

fair point, amidst the bane threads and the eternal gaylordery of doctor who general

>kneeling in prayer and kneeling in prayer are very different mate, when you bow like you're a bitch in heat presenting herself for a dog dick, it's actually much more masculine and invokes awe in big burly manly men

>all that desperately trying to justify shit writing
Paki paki paki
Out out out

Did they?

Believe what you want but it makes sense in context with Floki's character development at that point.

Consider also that multiple people have spiritual experiences stemming from different religions. You could take the hard atheist stance that people are all delusional but that doesn't explain how both Ragnar and Ecbert have a vision of Athelstan simultaneously.

Or you could assume that the supernatural is real in the show, but it doesn't clarify which gods exist. Potentially Floki was responding to something legitimately metaphysical.

Now, if the Sup Forumstards could leave, we could talk about something interesting. Like what you Viking bros think about which religion is "right" in Vikings, if any

I want to say you guys are spazzing out over a mildly annoying bit of ideology-pushing by the writers. But it really is insidious in a way, because people today are so poorly educated that television shows like this one are their primary or even only source of knowledge about history. Which means goofy shit like this really does inform peoples' view of what previous eras were like. I don't think it matters much in this specific case, because no one gives a shit if Vikings had a positive view of Islam. But there are other examples in this show, such as e.g. the first few episodes of the first season where the chieftain insists there are no lands to the West. The Norse knew damn good and well what Britain was, where it was, and how to get to it. Their fictitious ignorance of geography in the show is put there to avoid having to explain the real reasons the viking raids suddenly began when they did, which the showrunners probably felt would be too complicated.

>waaaahhhh Sup Forums waaaahhhh
Change the fucking record.

How is Fimmel so attractive? No homo

full homo to the max

Kathyrn needs to be bred

Eastern germanic aryo-ruthenian women from Gardariki are literal godesses

Don't address anything written. Par for the course

Casting kino

Is there any fagottry in this show?

double 69's nice

that time Ragnar offers Athelstan to come have a threesome with his wife was just an excuse for him to see his apple bottom