Attempt negative commentary on a military dictatorship

>attempt negative commentary on a military dictatorship

>mobile infantry
>no power armor.
shame.

>YFW you're not a citizen and your opinion is irrelevant

>Service guarantees citizenship
It had some legit good ideas though.
Imagine how much different the country would look if you could only vote after you've served in the military

Well, the world in that movie terrified the shit out of me as a kid, so it must of worked.

We'd be even more war mongering than we are now.

the federal service isn't related to the military you dipshit. It ranges from being a janitor to a human guinea pig.

Not necessarily. A lot of soldiers come back pretty jaded. At the same time, you'd have more "normal" people signing up just to become citizens, so it'd probably even out.

It would look like a militarist shithole.

What about all the good things war has done for us? Why don't we ever hear speeches about that? Jobs, technology, a common purpose.
Give war a chance.

Go back to being dead Armstrong

>knows nothing of soldiering, the post

We should adopt a live and let live policy with the arachnids!
*munch munch*

Enjoy dying in Korea. Assuming you survive basic... better get ready fatty!

>hes a massive kuk

like any of you obese basement dwellers would thrive in a military dictatorship. enjoy being even more marginalized.

>wanting war when resources are privatized

Literally going to war for businesses that you don't profit from.

Yeah, no.

Most who serve (especially combat MOSs) have some degree of disillusion about their service.

Personally don't regret serving in war, but I'm fully against us getting involved in another, if other courses of action might prevent it.

No monkey, we'd be more war mongering because we'd have 30 million solders just sitting around ready to fight. Mandatory conscription would yield a huge military compared to what we have now.

>Mandatory conscription
it's not mandatory though, fuckwad.

Yeah, a huge military THAT DOESN'T WANT TO FIGHT.
Fuck yer dumb, kid.

What?

It was perfect. This movie is partly why I grew up to believe fascism is the most natural and efficient form of government.

Some nerds in this thread are forgetting that it was a World Government, and the only species other than humans in the entire galaxy that they knew of were the bugs, so there was literally no one else to go to war with, so most likely it would be >30 million solders just sitting around ready to fight

The individual soldiers don't decide if, when or how often they fight you braindead fuck lmfao

You're not a citizen if you don't fight is pretty mandatory there chief.

Yeah except this is in regards to one of our modern countries implementing the policy.

Seekiddo.

You have to go back....

You don't fight if there is no one to fight, bro. Most of the people you see in the movie are kids who just want to get citizenship, and the only reason they end up fighting is because they were at war with the bugs. There would be none of that with no enemy, and it'd just be a bunch of people doing their time to become a citizen. It's literally the perfect form of government in a world with no enemies; stand around and get paid, like people in the Air Force.

>Satire portraying an awful world showed me the ideal form of government
Nazibabbies everybody

The part that gets me about people who think Starship Troopers is unironic is the war scenes. They're shot like it's just the worst shit in the world and Rico's closest friends die horribly, including the woman who really loved him. It's like the movie builds up to this glamorous idea of warfare and serving your country only to drop the new recruits into hell on earth.

Either
>A
>one of the greatest satirical directors of the past 50 years fucked up and accidentally made pro-fascist propaganda
Or
>B
>it went over your head
Chose your meme carefully child.

>They all walked with their arms over eachother! Just like the beginning! It's so happy! Nevermind that one of them is dressed like an SS officer and the other two are caked in blood!
Honestly people are idiots.

Worked great for us in Vietnam, so well that we stopped the draftee measures previously practiced.

I know user, I know .That conflict breaded a whole new war lust and warrior discipline, not previously seen in previously in American conflicts.

The funny thing is that they're probably the same ones that mantain that Zack Snyder understands Watchmen is supposed to be satire because he added Bat-nipples to Ozymandias.

Sundowner please

I tried to get into Harvard.
ain't that the truth.

Diz best waifu

Pilot slut apologists need not apply

clearly verhoven who lived in nazi occupied zones is a nazi sympathizer

>tfw your waifu was the redhead with the close cropped hair
>she gets dragged away by a arachnid.

>He didn't read the book

Is that you Paul Verhoeven?

>serving in a war

unless you are the king of oldfags all you did was serve Halliburton

Yeah, quirky idea. Now imagine how much different the country would look if you had to take an intelligence test which tested you on all relevant areas of political policies, sociological concepts and geopolitical relations to gain the right to vote.

Also you had to take it every few years to maintain your right to vote.

I like your nice little military idea though, that's real cute.

he could be an ethnic

>sociological concepts
Oh yeah by who's standard would you judge that?

I like the idea of needing a license to have children

>no kino where rico crosses the hump

fair point

You don't have to have an opinion to break or understand down a concept. Being able to entertain concepts you initially disagree with is an essential part of any developed mind. I can explain trickle down economics to you without being opinionated in much the same way I can explain stratification without being opinionated. The fact you think either is more or less arcane than the other says a lot.

>extreme cost and vetting process to adopt unwanted children
>no restriction on producing unwanted children

really makes you consider

>I can explain trickle down economics to you
why hasn't it worked?

>implying I'm actually going to go out of my way to explain something completely tangental to my actual point to appease the autism of a fucking moron

Good joke.

everything you mentioned is pretty much what we have now just the "test" being do you actually vote becuase you were born here?

>political policies, i hate trump but im still lazy and dont know how or where to vote
>sociological concepts, i want free shit and the rich should pay, i have to leave my college campus to vote? thats racist
>geopolitical relations, religion of peace has done nothing wrong. im a woman and can leave the house and drive anywhere i want? the voting place is only open on tuesday? thats so inconvenient for me.

and the retake of the test is voting every 2-4 years, weird.

whats wrong with working for the the betterment of the country you live in and then having a say in what they do?

are you a politician because you dont answer questions?

Because if you don't understand the first thing about what they're doing you don't have a place having an opinion about it. You have a place having the right to have an opinion about it. People act like voting is some god-given right and it's completely ridiculous. It's harmful indirectly to the country and it's harmful to the people that live in it.

Put it this way - they don't hand out driver's licenses without testing because that would be dangerous. People don't know what they are doing and their actions might severely affect the lives of others. It's only through a complete inability to abstract that same idea that the right to vote is still just handed out.

He's strong and stable.

are there any fat people in the movie? i cant remember any. maybe military dictatorship is a good thing now?

>awful world?
>everyone on earth is living in peace and harmony
>thatll show those Nazi fucks
>show real death and carnage and loss in war
>haha thall show those Nazi fucks twice
>show humans (united earth) winning in the end
>haha thatll show those Nazi fucks thrice

>not considered a citizen unless you fight literal monsters on an alien world

21+
Registration and Valid ID
Military Service OR Credit Check/Property OR a Degree.

Honestly though a credit check would be the most effective, Property is a mixed bag because it's being consolidated, but who wouldn't love to disenfranchise renters? Same with degrees - some of them aren't worth the paper they are written on.

Military service requirement has the benefit of disenfranchising a fuckton of women, but it's not optimal on it's own - voting rights aren't enough of an incentive to get people to serve, and those that do will not necessarily be of the best stock - but at least it gives the military an excuse to be choosy.
The problem with this system is it will inevitably lead to conscription

It was a good movie with a happy ending. A few characters died brutal, unnecessary deaths but most of them died heroically.

quite frankly, save for literally 1 maneuver in 1/4 of the states, the Driving paper exam and in car testing in the US is fucking bogus easy tier.
And I'm against a whole shitton of vehicle regulations, to include yearly inspections (I'm not against inspections, but yearly is a fucking racket). Too many shitters on the road

A written exam should be required for voter registration, and a Valid ID should be required to vote. There are too many worthless people voting

i guess ill try to explain it more slowly again.
>in the movie "making fun" of Nazis, Earth is a paradise
>no human is fighting each other
>all humans are Nazis
>Earth= Paradise
>monsters on an alien world start war
>Nazis did nothing wrong

LIKE THE GOOD OLD DAYS AFTER NINE-ELEVEN.

>Military service requirement has the benefit of disenfranchising a fuckton of women
So you don't want women to vote then?

>Earth is a paradise
Everyone is fucking damaged and broken, you sponge. All apart from those who didn't serve, who are denied the right to vote.

Did you shoot those guys?

i agree with both of you. you should have a stack in the county/state you are voting in. my ex gf lives in india (for 2 years) and can still vote in the US and AZ elections and she hates everything about and the do with the US

>soldiers wanting to go to war again after serving

Low IQ filters:

>Starship Troopers
>American History X
>Downfall
>Look Who's Back

If you came out of these unironically thinking it espoused right-wing messages, you're a literal retard who can't understand subtext

70% of women have no business voting
The rest are mostly rational, can control their emotions and apply rational thought.
Women are extremely succeptible to outside/social pressures

Young men shouldn't be voting either until 21, have decent credit, military service or degree - felons should never vote

>on the internet nobody can tell when you're Athenian

name 1 person who is damaged and broken. everyone is happy and opinionated (because they now have the right to be) after they serve.

I agree with you, actually. But "intelligence test" as a requirement for voting is a stillborn policy. It would be linked back to Jim Crow poll tests which were basically 5 pages of trick questions to allow the election officials to pass or fail people arbitrarily. But the funny thing is that a totally "fair" voter intelligence test would basically be the same thing. I used to work with this Star Wars lib bugman and when Trump was winning the primaries he was going off about how there needed to be an IQ minimum to vote. I asked if he was comfortable with all of the implications of that and he said yes, of course. And I said even when that ends up disqualifying hugely disproportionate amounts of minorities? And he just sort of uhhhed and ummmed until someone else changed the subject.

Basically if you ever want to fuck with Hilldawg radical centrist progs, just get them talking about making voting more difficult for stupid people, which I GUARANTEE they believe in doing somehow, then point out that groids and spics would inevitably be the hardest hit. Funny as fuck.

No one without at least PhD should be able to vote.

>70% of women have no business voting
>The rest are mostly rational, can control their emotions and apply rational thought.
>Women are extremely succeptible to outside/social pressures
All of this applies to men as well.

Every single adult who served is missing some part of their body due to their service. Not even getting into the obvious mental health issues that would be acquired if you even began trying to instate something like this. Is paying tax not serving user? Why do taxpayers not get the right to vote?

What's wrong with Starship Troopers eh

>movie ends by implying the human race is going to evolve into the bugs
>people think it's pro-fascism still

???

Men are inherently more rational and productive members of society than the vast majority of women, and I already pointed out we should be disenfranchising bad credit and NEET's.

It's the exact opposite for men, 70%, give or take, are voting material, the rest are criminals and the incompetent.

70% of women are incompetent, give or take 5%. For every 10 females 3-4 of them are competent and rational

That beautiful retro futuristic 50's aesthetic and not a fat person, faggot or tranny in sight. Verhoeven unintentionally created a paradise.

>Every single adult
Where did you hear this because is 100% wrong.

That's taking it a little too far. A Masters or a Bachelors will disqualify 85% the minorities in the country and accomplish the same goals

Do you have any studies supporting your assertions?

Women get paid less because of their genetic incompetence.

Every adult you see in the movie who isn't damaged didn't serve, ie. Rico's parents. Name one who isn't.

Not really, you're totally pulling out those numbers out of your ass, and it has no basis on reality whatsoever.
Why are there more homeless and imprisoned men than women, when women are a larger part of the population in America?

dont forget that trump got the college educated vote as well. the hypocrisy and ironicies of this election are what make it so funny to be alive in the current year

But isn't the pay gap a lie?

I watched the RLM commentary on it, and they're pretty wrong about the portrayal about fascism in the movie. I never once thought "damn, this is making understand how bad a militaristic fascist system would be", just how corny it was portrayed in the propaganda.
The hack frauds even tried to compare the killer bugs to the Gorn in TOS, possibly misunderstood aliens. Or maybe the episode itself was satire of the satire and they're incredibly deep. Either way its a great scifi action flick and I wish there were more like it.
>not willing to serve 4 years as some tech in a base

That's a real headspinner. I don't know what's worse -Interstate,Income/SSI, or property taxes.

Realistically the fedgov, and state and local could survive off of interstate and business taxes but it would take a total rethinking of how we spend

Not really, our wars are driven by private interests, not national security. If the people who could vote were ex-military they would understand the weight and cost of going to war, likewise the 1%ers would have to serve themselves so they could vote.

Most people voted against the Establishment. They were dumb enough to think that Trump will bring a change.

>70% of women have no business voting

Unironically this. Women have literally confessed to voting for a candidate just because he was the cutest.

or a woman

I'm sorry your mom was a deadbeat slut and everybody made fun of you at school because of that.

whats wrong with missing a part of your body because you served? just because they are missing a limb doesnt mean they arent happy. who was unhappy?

as for tax payers they still get the social services of the state (police, firemen, doctors, roads, running water, electricity.) why should they vote because they pay money?

>Male voters voted Trump because FUCK WOMEN

>If the people who could vote were ex-military they would understand the weight and cost of going to war
You mean, like the German army in early 20th century? lol

the book was pretty bad. Other than an interesting early depiction of power armor and being a jerkoff source for Sup Forumstards it doesn't have any merit. The characters are two-dimensional cardboard cutouts, every single military man is the same flawless father figure just to nail Heinlein's own political views into the reader's head

Because being a woman is literal easy mode, single women and mothers have a plethora of options if shit goes sour, including easy help from the state, free college if you have a kid and make under X dollars, not to mention they can shack up with a guy.
Women are afforded a substantial social safety net for the false narrative of "equality".
Men don't get safety nets, it's sink or swim, the worst of us don't make it or resort to criminal behavior (which is highly dependent on a multitude of factors - mostly race)

i didnt vote, but i would have voted trump just because he was a lesser evil when compared to hillary. holy shit, what a bad idea that would have been.