What are the best movies about the part of America nobody gives a shit about?

What are the best movies about the part of America nobody gives a shit about?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medora_(film)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Nebraska

Maid in Manhattan

Fargo

LA Confidential

O Brother Where Art Thou?

hell or high water

Boyz in the Hood

Everything from Alexander Payne.

3 of his films are set in Nebraska.

Better Call Saul :^)
this

Why is the midwest considered so bland? Non-burger here.

It's pretty much just small towns, farmland and scenery. Some people like that but people living on the coasts usually have more/easier access to other things to do (zoos, live shows, beaches, shopping, etc.).

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri

Deliverance

Gummo

napoleon dynamite

ya

Joe Dirt

The one where net drain coastal states starve because the states nobody gives a shit about stopped giving a shit

There are plenty of movies about California

literally all of those are available in Indiana of all places you dumb faggot

>zoos

Arguably the best zoo in the U.S. is located in Nebraska.

What's Eating Gilbert Grape

Reminder you would be the ones who would starve if we started importing those things and took away your government funding you literal welfare state subhuman flyover cows, and no one would care.

But the biggest zoo is Detriot

is this before or after your pet niggers turn on you?

kek states can't take away that funding

But enjoy going broke paying for welfare queens AND food. Illinois is a precursor to your economic fate retard.

underrated

Manchester by the Sea

>Waking up to a view like this every morning.

God I love the midwest.

Medora is a fantastic film to show the quiet desperate lives led by the people who just want their towns to survive. It's ostensibly about an awful high school basketball team that comes from a school with just 70 students but it's more commentary on the death of small town middle America. I was working for the star government as a liaison to the office of rural affairs and it was heartbreaking. I knew it happened because I'm from a town of 16k that is rapidly dwindling but this film's focus and the inhabitants of the city are so much more pitiable. Those people will have nothing but ashes and memories in a decades a d they're far from the only small midwestern town in that situation. Highly recommend it.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medora_(film)

Its hard to understand until you've interacted with the people that live there. I mean sure theres not much difference on the surface (same stores and shit) but everybody acts just a bit dumber

Wow
Its grass
But you can eat it
Wow

>flat as fuck
>no hills or mountains in the distance
>trees are shit tier

wew

>everybody just acts a bit dumber

I can't believe some people actually believe this.

>posting on topic

HAHAHA WHAT AN IDIOT WHAT A FUCKING IDIOT

On one hand, it has no nice hills or mountains. Just flat fields.
But on the other hand, its got that big, beautiful open sky. You forget how massive the sky is living near mountains.

>mfw allergic to wheat

Blue Ruin

>Allergic to food
God wanted you to die. Your parents didn't take the hint

They do though

you say dumb because they behave friendly, and acting friendly in a city is a bad idea because you might get mugged.

stupid city slicker.

With Ikiru from Kurosawa, the only movies that make me cry like a bitch ;_;

But god isn't real, user

Fags

>California
>flyover state

t. Sum Ting Wong

You see I'm glad you brought up how they behave friendly, so you do admit you act different. The way you act may be friendlier but its also dumber

it takes place in the Midwest? I'd have recommended it if I remembered that.