Goddamn this is a serious comic

Goddamn this is a serious comic.

70 issues, and very dense ones at that. Is Shade worth the amount of time and effort it takes to delve into it?

Yes.

A lot of veritgo titles and a good majority of comics in general are like that: lengthy, but well worth the time and personal investment

I don't think I would be willing to invest the time and effort into reading all 300 plus issues of Captain America Volume 1 if I wasn't so incredibly enamored with the character (I'm also a fairly fast reader, so that becomes pretty damn handy in some cases)

short answer: yes

long answer: yesyeahyupofcoursedefinitelywithoutadoubtseriouslyfuckingreadit

when will this be released in a two part omnibus?

Why is Milligan so fucking based?

Dark Knight, Dark City is probably top 3 Bat stories ever and it's literally three issues long

>A lot of veritgo titles and a good majority of comics in general are like that: lengthy, but well worth the time and personal investme

Except not really at all. A 70 issue run is insane

No

Too much mopey bullshit without any impactful character moments because the characters are all unlikable after the first 20 issues and their flaws become unbearable.
Overrated just because it's 90s Vertigo

this guy is so wrong it hurts

>namefag

ah that explains it

I read it a few months ago. Just before MKDude's storytime. That might still be in desustorage actually, go check.

It's... alright? I did it because it was the only founding Vertigo title I hadn't read yet, and although it was good enough to keep me reading through to the end and build a Best Of folder it wasn't as good as Sandman or Swamp Thing or Doom Patrol. Sure there's some inspired stuff and gorgeous aesthetics but, I dunno compared to his contemporaries there's just something about Milligan's writing style that feels... empty.

Basically I can see where is coming from even if I don't fully agree. At any rate I advise you prioritize reading the other Vertigo classics, if you haven't already.

>tripfag says something stupid
what else is new.

That'a a tripfag, not a namefag, newfag.

fag

Is there a recommend jumping off point? I read somewhere that it was supposed to end at 50 and the rest meanders

do you have any wallpaper sized scans in that folder

Everything after 50 is optional. You'll find out why. AVOID SPOILERS FOR THE SERIES BECAUSE IT SERIOUSLY WILL RUIN THE SURPRISES LATER IN THE SERIES.

Desu is dead

Great start, good middle, horrible ending. I really don't understand what Milligan was thinking with that.

only until issue 50, when something very important happens, afterwards it looses steam and peters out.

also if you are too sensible to what people call SJW or "progressivenes" might want to skip it, is not badly written, is not sinfest or anything but it is there

milligan's original intent was to end at #50 but was convinced to stay on for a bit

desuarchive.org

This any good?
The only other spreads I have are full of text & panels.