Recent Purchase / Bookshelves

How about a recent purchase/bookshelf thread after new comic book day? Here are the latest ones I've gotten.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvel_Ultimate_Collection,_Complete_Epic_and_Epic_Collection_lines#Epic_Collections
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvel_Ultimate_Collection,_Complete_Epic_and_Epic_Collection_lines#Complete_Epics
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

And here is my first book shelf. I'm a little stuck on what to pick up next. Besides the obvious finishing off my collections.

I'm digging the Jodorowsky library so I'm probably going to get them next.

I'm also having issues with my actual bookshelves. Pieces of junk I need to replace soon.

Personally, working on collecting the past fifteen years of Amazing Spider-Man in collected formats. Just got The Gauntlet vols. 3 and 4

got these for about 45$

That is a massive task you set there. Good luck.

Haven't posted in one of these in awhile, here are my gets since them.

Pic 1/3

Pic 2/3

Here is my library haul.

Pic 3/3

I've been meaning to get New Frontier since he passed away. But I feel weird about it.
Is the TMNT book good quality? It looks nice but is always priced a little higher than I would like.

I haven't actually read it yet but it definitely seems to be well put together. It's not too big and it looks like it has a tight binding. I usually favor paperbacks since I am a poorfag but I got this mainly because it came with the micro-series issues (and the story from the 30th anniversary issue) spliced in between the main issues in chronological order, that way I wouldn't have to go back and forth between books.

I used to have the first book that IDW released. It was incredible quality so I think I'll pick this up soon.

That New Frontier paperback is sexy. I gotta pick it up soon.

My newest stuff.

Was going to read DP first.

I have to finish Batman Inc.

I'm going to get Doom Patrol one of these days but I have to much of a back log to think about it.

Actually, I am nearly complete. Just one order off TFAW and a trip to LCS in town and I will have the last half-a-dozen books I need. Then one order of all three Superior Spider-Man volumes from IST.

gdi I'm still debating if I even want that Deadly Class HC, the end to issue 21 really pissed me off.

I was in the same boat until I saw it. It is great quality. Plus, I'm this far in. I'm going to finish it now.

Mostly just want to keep reading to see how shitty Saya's life ends up. Knowing Rick Remender he's a master at writing miserable characters.

My copy of God Loves, Man Kills should be coming in the mail but other than that, I'm good for this month.

bump

What's the one to the left of The Goon?

Recent gets, just read we3 last night for the first time.

Animal Man Omnibus and Absolute Transmet Vol. 1 are in the mail!

Is V for Vendetta something that one should have on one's shelf?

So how's the Wheel of Time stuff?
Nice.

Fucking great, but I loved the books before they were comics, the art in Eye of the World tends to change issue by issue, but the general look stays the same and it reads just like one of the books, minus all of the descriptive writing for the characters / places.

I'm really fucking upset that book 2 never got adapted into a comic because that's when shit gets good and my waifu appears

Girls by the Luna Brothers

Was sent the Usagi Yojimbo Special Edition box set for my birthday. Came dented because fuck Amazon. Not just the box, but through to the book even.

Does anyone know if the binding on the Byrne Avengers Omni is any good?

Thanks, friend.

Just got this and I love it. Is the next volume any good?

I love Black Science but I have to say that the whole thing snow balls in the middle but brings itself back together strongly in the current arc.

is deadly class glued like that black science hardcover

That Deadly Class is so sexy. Can't wait for my copy.

bump

bamp

bump

Bump

Question Time: how's Y the last man, is it worth to buy the tpb? they seem pretty big almost 300 pages? how's the story?

Good shit

So I'm thinking about buying Fade Out later this year. Any Brubaker fans here? Would you recommend it?

Yeah shit definetly gets out of hand, but thats some of the fun of it.

>bumping for 4 and a half hours

man... Sup Forums sure doesn't like comic books. I mean they like to steal them digitally, but that's it.

Its quite good, I've got it in floppy, If you like Brubaker and Philips' other stuff you'll like the fade out, it reminds me alot of the movie LA Confidential, has alot of the same themes played out in different ways.

Story opens with a screenwriter named Charlie waking up after a hard night of drinking to find a dead starlet in his apartment and no idea what happened.

Just spirals from there. Hopefully the collected editions include the essays from the end of each issue because they were fantastic.

Recent deliveries

And updated shelf (1/4)

(2/4)

(3/4)

Should finally be getting Archie vs Predator back tomorrow. Never lend out books if you ever expect them back.

(4/4)

Got the Marvels Platinum Edition out on order from IST

Got Superior Foes Omnibus and Manhattan Projects 6 on the way.

I need to pick up those Madman collections but I don't want to if the HC get reprinted like Michael Alred has hinted at.

New Marvel amazon fish
>Daredevil by Mark Waid Omnibus Vol. 1
>Guardians of the Galaxy Classic by Jim Valentino Omnibus
>Uncanny Inhumans Vol. 1 (OHC)
>Wolverine vs. The Punisher
>Wolverine vs. Deadpool
>New Mutants Epic Collection: Renewal
>All-New, All-Different Avengers Vol. 1 (OHC)
>Deadpool: The Adamantium Collection
>Shang-Chi: Master of Kung-Fu Omnibus Vol. 3
>New Avengers by Brian Michael Bendis: The Complete Collection Vol. 3
>Excalibur Epic Collection: The Sword is Drawn
>Cloak and Dagger: Lost and Found
>Avengers: The Initiative - The Complete Collection Vol. 2

DC shit
>Batman: Knightfall Omnibus Vol. 1

Image shit
>Alex + ADA: The Complete Collection HC
> The Fade Out HC

These came in today

They're both a little ragged, but Veitch's run is OOP (in the UK, at least) so thought I'd grab them while I could.

No Regenesis, unfortunately, which is the one before these two that picks up where Moore left off. Going to scour a couple of shops tomorrow since I'm in a different city for the weekend and I don't think they went OOP too long ago, so there might still be some lying around.

As far as bookcases go, mine does nothing but bring me shame.

Gonna be broke soon

>Back in Action
>Up, Up and Away!
>Superman and the Legion of Super-Heroes

Need a new shelf. Absolute All-Star Superman lurks behind the others.

The Goon v3, The New Frontier, something else at the end of the month.

That Marvel Epic stuff is comparable to DC's Showcase Presents? Reasonably priced black&white reprints?

Just this. I did place an order for a bunch of new Dredd TPBs from Book Depository a few days ago, though.

>Neonomicon
Isn't that the rape fish comic?
also what's the deal with that huge Dark Souls book? case? is it a comic or just an oversized video game box? special edition? collectors edition? or is it an RPG book?

What do you think of the Supergirl omnibus? I love the way the hardbacks look, but sometimes the thicker hardbacks are difficult to actually read because they're heavy or too tightly bound.

Its the dsII special edition guide.

And yes .Neonomicon is pretty rapey. I bought it thinking it would be a cool lovecraft comic but its fucking terrible. Worse yet, it was my first introduction to Alan Moore. Now i don't even want to read Watchmen.

What is everybody looking forward to getting this year? I have quite a list to complete.
Alex + Ada: The Complete Collection
Zombie Tramp: Year One HC Risque Variant
Jem and the Holograms: Outrageous Edition
Sky Doll: Spaceship
The Incal series
The Goon Library volume 3 and 4
Ms. Marvel Omnibus volume 1
Deadpool by Posehn omnibus
Absolute Preacher volume 1
Absolute Transmetropolitan volume 1 and 2
Absolute Y: The Last man volume 1 and 2
Invincible 6-9

It's going to be an expensive year.

Total verwahrlost

That's quite a list. I'm going for the Legion of Super Heroes Archives. With my luck they're going to announce Omnibus reprints or something as soon as I gathered them all totally overpriced.
All the New Krypton stuff next year. Hell, just make that post Infinite Crisis Superman.

>Legion of Super Heroes
Truthfully, I wouldn't worry about it. I think DC is the worst about reprinting and repackaging stuff.

well they're doing that golden age/silver age stuff right now

I haven't read it yet but it looks good

Off the top of my head

The Legend of Wonder Woman
Doctor Strange Omnibus Vol. 1
Deadpool by Posehn & Duggan Omnibus
The Tim Drake Robin trades
Absolute Preacher Vol. 1 (If I can get it for less than $100)
A bunch of trades for marvel, dc and indie shit

Alot of stuff i plan on getting.

No, you're thinking of Marvel Essential.

Which are the Marvel Epic Collection books? I already have Moon Knight: Bad Moon Rising and Daredevil: A Touch of Typhoid but I haven't read them yet

Fuck me
*Which are the best

oh all right

>tfw don't own any comics
>only have a copy of Saga my friend bought me because he likes it

The new Eye of the Majestic Creature book
Band for Life
The Neat Stuff slipcase
if DC releases a plastic man trade from baker or cole i'll get that

Depends on what you like. I'd recommend Iron Fist: The Fury of Iron Fist and Power Man and Iron Fist: Heroes for Hire for some goofy 70's fun.

The upcoming Black Panther and Doctor Strange epic collections also have some pretty great stuff.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvel_Ultimate_Collection,_Complete_Epic_and_Epic_Collection_lines#Epic_Collections

and there's also "Complete Epics":

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvel_Ultimate_Collection,_Complete_Epic_and_Epic_Collection_lines#Complete_Epics

I also would love to know this. This is the only Remender Image book I haven't read at all.

WHOA NOW!!!

WHAT, pray tell, is that Hotline Miami book on top?

I must know!

AHHH, more Hotline Miami! What is that book? How is it?

These should be coming in soon.

I got Essential X-Men 2 which I'm excited about. Delicious B&W Byrne. So finally starting my collection of Claremont.

And these are what I'm eyeing. Is Second Chances any good? I want to see what Jason Todd was like before i read DITF (heard he was a little shit). And I know this version of the Killing Joke is the recoloring, but I don't really care. Is Longbow Hunters crucial to Grell's GA run? I have the first two volumes, would I be confused if I jumped in right away.

Got these two super cheap just to knock them off my "must have on shelf" list so it's not much.

You and me both.

That's only the Sup Forums one. The rest is worse.

Latest. Going to be picking up Deadly Class Deluxe and new Luther Strode this month.

Metabarons was a fantastic fever dream. The way the narration was done kind of annoyed me even if there ended up being a reason for it. If anyone hasn't watched Jodorowsky's Dune, I'd highly recommend that you do. Tons of ideas for The Incal and Metabarons come from that failed film.

And shelves. Haven't posted these in a while. Did a small purge of some books I'll never look at again.

Isn't the rapefish from Lovecraft?

How is Vagabond? I got the small paper comics of volume 1 and 2 on a trip a few weeks ago for like 50 cents each, haven't gotten into them yet. Sort of expected it to be a ghettorigged kenshin or something, does it stand well alone?

Also nice M,M&Owl books, I want to get them but I can't find them for a price lower than 25.

the digital comic is apparently available on steam and such sites, but I haven't heard about a printed one either.

is that some kind of complete Scud edition?

Also got this.

Yeah, it's the entirety, it's a pretty common buy since it's cheap too, see